Windows 10: Login Screen is very Delayed

Discus and support Login Screen is very Delayed in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Whenever I go to log in on Windows 10 I have to wait multiple minutes in order to enter my password to log in. Whenever I manage to actually enter my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lurgess, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Lurgess Win User

Login Screen is very Delayed

Whenever I go to log in on Windows 10 I have to wait multiple minutes in order to enter my password to log in. Whenever I manage to actually enter my password a Microsoft .NET Framework window shows up saying that an unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

The Details are as follows:

************** Exception Text **************

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 10, position 1. (C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\MSI\SCM.exe_Url_zv0ikcohnhzptbjtykvepncdk0ijftla\13.16.10073.0\user.config line 10) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 10, position 1.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()

at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)

at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)

at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.SetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName, Object propertyValue)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.set_Item(String propertyName, Object value)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.set_Item(String propertyName, Object value)

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.SetECOtoEC()

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

SCM

Assembly Version: 13.16.10073.0

Win32 Version: 13.016.10073.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SCM/SCM.exe

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

WPFOSD

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SCM/WPFOSD.DLL

PresentationFramework

Win32 Version: 4.7.3362.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll

WindowsBase

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll

PresentationCore

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll

System.Xaml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll

System.Management

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

PresentationFramework.Aero2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero2/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll

UIAutomationTypes

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationTypes/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationTypes.dll

MSIECO

Assembly Version: 1.0.1308.2003

Win32 Version: 1.0.1308.2003

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SCM/MSIECO.DLL

I am unsure why this started happening but I'd appreciate help

:)

Lurgess, Jun 19, 2019
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Login Screen is very Delayed [​IMG]

zinou, Jun 19, 2019
  3. mora67 Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Login Screen is very Delayed

Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue

I have an issue where there is a huge delay between the lock screen (the screen where you have a background and time) and the login screen (the screen with an account picture and dialog box to input the
    password).

I tap/press any key/click on the lock screen and it takes so much time to load the login screen, sometimes the lock screen reappears after 10-15 seconds or so before i can tap again to try to go to the
    login screen.

I've tried the following to fix the issue

• Disabled widows spotlight
    • Disabled lock screen
    • Performed Clean Boot
    • Tried Safe Mode
    • Turned off startup services
    • tried sfc command
    My Windows 10 version is 1903 and is fully updated as of the time of publishing this post. I have pin set up to login.

It's definitely not because of the old or slow hardware because

1. On a much older hardware the startup might be slow but this problem doesn't exist.
    2. After once i login successfully and lock the computer (start+L), the issue's still there. That is about 30 seconds waiting time between lock screen and login screen.
    I'm really looking forward to all your solutions.

ramansgdeep, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Login Screen is very Delayed

1. Login Screen is very Delayed - Similar Threads - Login Screen very

2. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  3. Delay before Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay before Windows login screen: This started recently on both desktop and laptop. I imagine it's some software I either installed or updated, but can't seem to figure it out. After BIOS screen and boot, when display would [normally] immediately go to Windows 10 login, it hangs on black screen (monitors...
  4. Black Screen Delay Before Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Delay Before Login: **link to video of my issue at bottom** I built my first pc. I upgraded to an aio from an air cooler and after putting everything back together, I get a long black screen before i get to the login screen. It takes almost a minute before i get to the login screen. It used to...
  5. Please Microsoft Fix This With Your Windows 10, Very Delayed And Slow Login Screen After...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please Microsoft Fix This With Your Windows 10, Very Delayed And Slow Login Screen After...: Dear Microsoft Team, Greetings! I have to say that I am very disappointed like every other person facing the same issue, Your windows 10 product is becoming worse day by day. After your recent updates, My system has become very slow and the main issue is that the...
  6. Wifi disables if delayed to Login on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disables if delayed to Login on Lock Screen: Hi I am using the latest version of windows 10 ie 1903, with latest updates till date. HP Pavillion Dv6 7002AX My wifi automatically disables if I delay my login to windows on lock screen and if I try to enable it shows Wi-Fi turned off. And if I try to switch Wi-Fi...
  7. Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue: I have an issue where there is a huge delay between the lock screen (the screen where you have a background and time) and the login screen (the screen with an account picture and dialog box to input the password). I tap/press any key/click on the lock screen and it takes so...
  8. Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue: I have a issue where there is a huge delay between lock screen (the screen where you have a background and time) and login screen (the screen with an account picture and dialog box to input the password). I tap/press any key/click on the lock screen and it takes so much time...
  9. Removing login screen delay time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing login screen delay time: Hello guys! I know the Anniversary Update is still very new, but has anyone found a reg edit that takes away the delay time when you press enter on the login screen? Better yet, any way to skip having to press enter and get prompted for credentials immediately? Thanks! 59480
  10. Long delay before login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Long delay before login.: Just installed Windows 10 on my fathers laptop. Did an upgrade from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. Then did a clean install. Same issue. On boot up I see the HP BIOS Logo, then the Windows logo with the spinning dots. Then the screen goes blank, just the backlight for almost 2 full...