Windows 10: Login screen nonexistent

Discus and support Login screen nonexistent in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, For the past few days whenever I start up my PC, it will show the time and lockscreen like usual. However, whenever I press the space bar, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vvazerino, Mar 27, 2020.

1. vvazerino Win User

Login screen nonexistent

Hi,

For the past few days whenever I start up my PC, it will show the time and lockscreen like usual. However, whenever I press the space bar, it just goes blank. No prompt to login, does not show the user, nothing. Ctrl alt delete also does nothing. At first it said I wasn’t connected to the internet, I hooked up an ethernet cable and there has been no change at all. When booting in recovery mode, I can’t restore a backup point, factory reset it, or anything, it just says it was unable to do that. I am beyond annoyed and desperate for answers. With everything going on in the world, my computer working is extremely important.

:)

vvazerino, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 27, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Login screen nonexistent

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Login screen nonexistent [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Login screen nonexistent

1. Login screen nonexistent - Similar Threads - Login screen nonexistent

2. Nonexistent Account/User?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nonexistent Account/User?: In the Task Manager, a task name "Work or School Accounts" is running. I, however, have zero knowledge of making one.Either this is just an automatic Windows Process or it's just a bug/virus. I assume it automatically plays or is the results of my old account being renewed by...
  3. Nonexistent Account/User?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nonexistent Account/User?: In the Task Manager, a task name "Work or School Accounts" is running. I, however, have zero knowledge of making one.Either this is just an automatic Windows Process or it's just a bug/virus. I assume it automatically plays or is the results of my old account being renewed by...
  4. Nonexistent system tray icons

Nonexistent system tray icons: In the settings of taskbar I can see "Other system tray icons" of apps that are no longer installed. How can I remove them permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nonexistent-system-tray-icons/c6cbc6f2-2f64-451f-a8b7-f953d0c8a1d1
  5. Nonexistent account on lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Nonexistent account on lock screen: I changed the name of my laptop to match the name of the unit it replaced. When I rebooted, I got a message that the username or password was incorrect. Then I noticed there are now 2 accounts listed at bottom left on the lock screen: the correct one and one with a username...
  6. Wrong and nonexistant/nonworking default login prompted since update 2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong and nonexistant/nonworking default login prompted since update 2004: Hello, Since the latest update I now have two options to logon to windows 10 Pro 2004 version. Both are my name, simply; one is my normal login account, an MS account by my name and works fine. It was set to automatically login upon boot so I never had to input my password....
  7. Laptop registering nonexistent camera

Laptop registering nonexistent camera: My HP EliteBook Folio seems to be registering two different cameras, HP HD Camera, which works fine most of the time, and a PC Camera, which does not work at all. I can't switch between them at all because when the laptop is registering the PC Camera, it does not register the...
  8. How do I uninstall nonexistent applications from a nonexistent drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I uninstall nonexistent applications from a nonexistent drive?: So I upgraded my storage recently from a boot ssd and a 1TB hard drive to a 1TB m.2 drive. The issue is now that I can't uninstall any of the applications that were on the hard drive. I'll use gimp for example. If I click on the shortcut it says that the application doesn't...
  9. Leftover Uninstaller for a Nonexistant Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Leftover Uninstaller for a Nonexistant Program: I have a 64-bit uninstaller in Programs and Features that refers to a program that doesn't exist in the Program Files folder. It does nothing if I try to run it. Windows says that it is 44GB large. I tried the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter, but it doesn't...
  10. Window activation troubleshooter is nonexistent

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window activation troubleshooter is nonexistent: Hi, i recently took the hdd out of my laptop and put into my new rig and by doing so, deactivated windows. I have searched how to reactivate it and it tells me to go to Settings>Update and Security>Activation>Troubleshooter. My problem is that when I go to the activation...