Windows 10: Login screen not working

Discus and support Login screen not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am unable to enter the pin on the login screen, its its not moving at all. Let me explain briefly I am running windows 10 on dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheUnknown69, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Login screen not working

Hello,

I am unable to enter the pin on the login screen, its its not moving at all.

Let me explain briefly

I am running windows 10 on dell laptop.

When i start the system it takes me to the login screen where I'm supposed to enter the pin. For some reason i do not get that option screen gets stuck

I tried to troubleshoot and do a system restore, unfortunately it needs my windows Live password which i dont remember. I have reset my windows Live password but the same has not synced on my laptop.

Kindly advise what option do i have? I really do not want to loose the data on my laptop.Login screen not working [​IMG]Login screen not working [​IMG]

:)

TheUnknown69, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 20, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Login screen not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Login screen not working

1. Login screen not working - Similar Threads - Login screen working

2. game login screen not working rappelz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game login screen not working rappelz: i play an old game called rappelz. i just updated my pc and it has win 11. the game launcher works but when it goes to the login screen its just a blank white page. i read somewhere its because im a local acct instead of microsoft? idk others with win 11 say it works for...
  3. Windows login screen not working as intended

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows login screen not working as intended: When I boot up my windows 10 computer, the login screen opens with the time, date and the personalised background picture, as normal. I am able to move the cursor with my mouse, but when I want to go onto the screen where you enter your PIN by pressing any key on the keyboard...
  4. Keyboard not working on login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not working on login screen: So I just recently got a new computer (Alienware Aurora R11) and so far until today, everything has been fine. I turned it on today though and none of the letter keys on my keyboard would function. Numbers, function keys, everything else was fine. But with no letters I wasn't...
  5. Keyboard not working at Windows login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not working at Windows login screen: Hi, Since yesterday I can't login on Windows because my laptop's keyboard wont work when password is required. Judging from the on-screen keyboard it thinks that the Alt-key is pressed. In the BIOS keyboard test it's fine though. Any ideas? Regards Erik [IMG]...
  6. Wireless Profiles not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Profiles not working at login screen: Strange issue, that I have found that is effecting many devices in our environment. PC's will not longer save a wifi profile for "All User Profile", instead it saves the profile as "Current User Profile". This causes two issues, 1 After sleep of reboot wireless is...
  7. Wireless Profiles not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless Profiles not working at login screen: Strange issue, that I have found that is effecting many devices in our environment. PC's will not longer save a wifi profile for "All User Profile", instead it saves the profile as "Current User Profile". This causes two issues, 1) After sleep of reboot wireless is...
  8. Keyboard not working after login Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not working after login Screen: My laptop keyboard stopped working after login, I can type loging information to login but after login it stop working, I tried on-screen keyboard and it working as short cut keys and start opening apps instead of typing. I have checked filter keys, Restarted laplop,...
  9. Keyboard not working at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not working at login screen: Hi. I see a lot of people are having different issues logging in. Went out last night for Christmas Eve and when we came home my son could not login to windows 10. At the login screen when we try to enter a pin nothing happened, it’s as if it’s not recognizing the keyboard at...
  10. Windows 10 login screen not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 login screen not working: I get to the login screen that says "Hi there, welcome back!", and when I press the "Next" button the login screen takes a long time and I get a loading cursor. If I press anything after that, the computer restarts itself and the problem begins again. Due to this, I can't...