Windows 10: Login Screen, Preload Desktop

Discus and support Login Screen, Preload Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; "One PC loads the all apps while at the Login Screen, where you enter password. So when i press enter, all the apps is already running. The other PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018.

1. mrgeek Win User

Login Screen, Preload Desktop

"One PC loads the all apps while at the Login Screen, where you enter password. So when i press enter, all the apps is already running. The other PC doesnt load any apps at login screen, they only start loading when i hit enter. "

Loading UWP apps before shutdown/restart is a new feature. Read this thread -
    on a restart Fall Creators Update reopens apps from before
    The most acceptable solution is this (On, if you want open app to auto load or Off, if you want normal start):

Login Screen, Preload Desktop [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Dubman22 Win User

I have two Windows 10 PCs at home, One PC loads the desktop at the Login Screen. So when I enter Pin it has everything mostly loaded or completely if given enough time.

How come one PC does it and the other doesn't? I guess there is a setting I missed on the other PC that allows it.
    Any ideas how to enable it?

:)

Dubman22, Apr 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 17, 2018
  4. Login Screen, Preload Desktop

Changing computer name screw up my automatic login

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

If you are unable to login to the desktop screen by using the normal and physical keyboard then you can use the on-screen keyboard to login to the desktop screen.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 17, 2018
  5. mrgeek Win User
    "the other doesn't? I guess there is a setting I missed on the other PC that allows it."

Need more info. What does the other do instead ? Can you log in ? Posting pics would help too.

mrgeek, Apr 17, 2018
  6. Dubman22 Win User
    One PC loads the all apps while at the Login Screen, where you enter password. So when i press enter, all the apps is already running. The other PC doesnt load any apps at login screen, they only start loading when i hit enter. I can still log in normal.

Dubman22, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

Login Screen, Preload Desktop

1. Login Screen, Preload Desktop - Similar Threads - Login Screen Preload

2. W11 desktop login screen weather app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 desktop login screen weather app: As of, this AM, when I start up my desktop PC I get to the initial screen there is a weather app appearing at the center bottom of the screen. It disappears when I get to the login screen. Where did this app come from and how do I turn it off? By-the-way, this has nothing to...
  3. W11 22631.3235 version- Failed to preload startup program before user login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 22631.3235 version- Failed to preload startup program before user login: Dear all,I found that after upgraded to latest version 22631.3235 , my PC no longer preload all startup programs before user login.Before update my PC was able to load all startup program before i login user, Hence, once i login , all the start up program all ready. After...
  4. windows preloading software on login screen not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows preloading software on login screen not working: Hello, I've bought a new laptop and I've noticed if I boot it and go do something else, and login after a little bit it has preloaded all my software that is selected to start on login. When I tried it with my desktop however, it didn't load any software until after I logged...
  5. Desktop preload

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop preload: Hi there! On Windows 10, after a reboot the desktop loads all the programs before I enter my login PIN. Is there a way to do this after a Power On? (without using startup scripts) submitted by /u/Pascaleiro [link] [comments]...
  6. Microsoft Edge Preloadings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Preloadings: I have windows 10 home edition, I understand that gpedit is not available on this version. CCleaner says it cannot clean "sessions" due to the preloading settings of Edge. I want to clear this so it can. I was directed to gpedit, then to the registry...
  7. Windows 10 preloaded

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 preloaded: Hi, so i bought a laptop from a guy , i understood that it has windows 10 already preloaded on it so i don t need a cd or usb , it s a lenovo t420 , but the guy pulled the hdd out of the laptop to keep it , now i m confused like how to activate windows from bios (if i have...
  8. cant uninstall preloaded app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant uninstall preloaded app: im trying to remove Bing from my PC, I cant locate the app to uninstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-preloaded-app/744e1ff3-f945-4ddb-9169-6e5110f8e115
  9. my desktop is stuck at the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my desktop is stuck at the login screen: earlier this afternoon i tried signing in but it said i had to be online so i clicked on the wifi icon and connected to the wifi but now i cant click anything. My mouse can still move around the screen and the buttons seem to be working but i cant seem to do anything else....
  10. desktop randomly going into the login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop randomly going into the login screen: Have noticed since this last cumulative update [KB3201845] that I am experiencing my desktop randomly going into the login screen [the default one that shows the ocean/grotto scene] and upon resuming my desktop icons are jumbled around. I have since disabled the login...