Windows 10: login screen problem

Discus and support login screen problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The log in screen comes up perfectly with picture, time date, network symbol etc. Pressing any key presents the password box as expected, however... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by helpstine, Jun 29, 2019.

1. helpstine Win User

login screen problem

The log in screen comes up perfectly with picture, time date, network symbol etc.

Pressing any key presents the password box as expected, however When I attempt to enter a password the PW box flashes off and the screen goes back to original. the same is true if I try to access anything else on the screen.

I restarted in safe mode using a boot up and in safe mode the login screen locked up with the message box "LoginUIexe - system error" "exception process message oxc0000005" …..

:)

helpstine, Jun 29, 2019
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

login screen problem [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

login screen problem

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

login screen problem

1. login screen problem - Similar Threads - login screen problem

2. Problem with login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with login screen: Hello, I am reaching out to report an issue that has recently arisen with my laptop, which I have been using without any complications for approximately a year. However, this week, an unexpected message appeared during startup, “You’ve entered an incorrect PIN several times.”...
  3. Problem with login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with login screen: Hello, I am reaching out to report an issue that has recently arisen with my laptop, which I have been using without any complications for approximately a year. However, this week, an unexpected message appeared during startup, “You’ve entered an incorrect PIN several times.”...
  4. Problems with Login Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Login Screens: Greetings,I have a little problem.Whenever I try clicking on login screen on windows settings or apps it appears for 0,1 seconds and then dissapears instantly.I don't know how to fix this or what to do.Attached some screenshots what do I mean by login screens....
  5. Problems with Login Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Login Screens: Greetings,I have a little problem.Whenever I try clicking on login screen on windows settings or apps it appears for 0,1 seconds and then dissapears instantly.I don't know how to fix this or what to do.Attached some screenshots what do I mean by login screens....
  6. Blue Screen Problem + Login problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Problem + Login problem: Hello, So yesterday, I tried updating my drivers and I restarted my computer. The problems started happening after the restart. PROBLEM: Every time I turn my computer on, it shows a blue screen with the code SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. After it gets to 100%, it...
  7. Black Screen / Login Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen / Login Problem: Hello there, since a few days I am facing a problem that I would describe as seriously odd... I hope that someone here might be able to guide me towards a solution… Description of my problem: Each time I restart my laptop everything works just fine until the moment I...
  8. Windows login screen problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows login screen problem: every time i enter my password on the login screen the screen goes black for a little bit then restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-login-screen-problem/44de23a3-efb6-462d-81dc-5aa8bc182916
  9. Problem with Login Picture screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with Login Picture screen: I really like the pictures that Windows 10 puts up on the lock screen. However, the part that gives me the information about the picture and where it comes from and asks if I like it often doesn't come up. If I move my mouse or hit the space bar it brings up the screen to...
  10. Problem with Login Screen Pin and Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with Login Screen Pin and Password: I used to be able to login without typing in my password, a few days ago Windows wanted me to create a pin and that's when my problem started. After creating the pin now I have to use that every time I login instead of what I normally did. I keep my PC in sleep mode most of...