Windows 10: Login Screen says I'm the Administrator, but don't have administrator rights

Discus and support Login Screen says I'm the Administrator, but don't have administrator rights in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Login Screen says I'm the Administrator, but don't have administrator rights New "C" hard drive, restored from "Recovery" drive. wanted to replace my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JaySteinbarger, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Login Screen says I'm the Administrator, but don't have administrator rights

Login Screen says I'm the Administrator, but don't have administrator rights

New "C" hard drive, restored from "Recovery" drive.

wanted to replace my "User" folder with a back up "User" folder.

says I don't have permission to do this. How come, I"m the administrator

:)

JaySteinbarger, Oct 14, 2019

2. When attempt to access the WindowsApps folder with either administrator account, the system says I need administrator rights and denies access

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to enable built in administrator by following the steps below, create a new user profile and check if the issue persist.

• Open a CMD window by right clicking on the Start icon, and selecting
      Command prompt (Admin).

• Type the following command: net user administrator /active: yes

• Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges.

• Delete the corrupted user account from the built in administrator.

• Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L, and sign-in as the Administrator account.
    Check if the issue persist and you can disable built in administrator account by typing the command: net user administrator /active: no
    in the Command prompt (Admin).

To create a new user account follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar type cmd and
      press ctrl + shift + Enter
      on the keyboard to open the Elevated
      Command Prompt.

• Type net user NewAccount password /add and click Enter.

• Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click Enter.

• Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

Hope this helps!

SujataMoktan, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Snake05 Win User
    Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, Oct 14, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Login Screen says I'm the Administrator, but don't have administrator rights - Similar Threads - Login Screen says

2. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator: I am unable to use settings the screen does not come up and Windows 10 says that I need to be an administrator when i tried to go into other apps. I have read previous posts and have tried the solutions ,mentioned but nothing works...
  3. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator: When I try to install something or just move something from the local disk c, a warning appears saying that I do not have access and I need to contact the administrator even though I am the administrator, after changing the profile settings to have access to that disk but it...
  4. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator: When I try to install something or just move something from the local disk c, a warning appears saying that I do not have access and I need to contact the administrator even though I am the administrator, after changing the profile settings to have access to that disk but it...
  5. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Don't have password for administrator account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have password for administrator account login: I have accidentally logged in as administrator in windows 10 using gmail account that does not exist and even can't exit. Now to login that account I don't have its password. Even to create new admin account or to make any settings it is asking me to login using administrator...
  7. Don't have password for administrator account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't have password for administrator account login: I have accidentally logged in as administrator in windows 10 using gmail account that does not exist and even can't exit. Now to login that account I don't have its password. Even to create new admin account or to make any settings it is asking me to login using administrator...
  8. Don't have password for administrator account login

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Why don't I have computer administrator rights on my administrator account? or what is the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why don't I have computer administrator rights on my administrator account? or what is the...: I'm trying to change the Data Excecution Prevention and it says "To use these settings, you must be a computer administrator and you must use the bcdedit.exe file. For more information, search the Microsoft Knowledge Base online." although i am the computer administrator. If...
  10. Why don't I have computer administrator rights on my administrator account? or what is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't I have computer administrator rights on my administrator account? or what is the...: I'm trying to change the Data Excecution Prevention and it says "To use these settings, you must be a computer administrator and you must use the bcdedit.exe file. For more information, search the Microsoft Knowledge Base online." although i am the computer administrator. If...