Windows 10: Login screen slow to come up?

Discus and support Login screen slow to come up? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have the PIN page setup to show on my machine. The screens go into standby after a while - and when I come back to the machine, I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by youradds, Aug 15, 2015.

1. youradds Win User

Login screen slow to come up?

Hi,

I have the PIN page setup to show on my machine. The screens go into standby after a while - and when I come back to the machine, I have to press something on my keyboard - then wait about 4-5 seconds for the screen to come up - before I can actually enter my PIN. On Win7, you could type even when the screens hadn't fully come out of sleep.

If I lock the machine, then try and type the pin - its quick. This only seems to be an issue when the screens have gone into sleep mode.

Any ideas?

TIA

Andy

:)

youradds, Aug 15, 2015

2. my system slow to come up after sleep or hibernation after upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10

my HP 15 Notebook PC system slow to come up after sleep or hibernation after upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10. it takes longer time before bringing up the login screen, and sometimes flashes when loading.

Sulaeman Busari, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Slow windows 10 pc

It takes about 10 minutes to login then about 3 minutes till login appears from black screen then when I login about 5 minutes to come to homescreen then about 4 minutes for icons to load and after that it slow from then on its a 2 week old Laptop anybody
    got suggestions it happened after I installed some kind of windows 10 update

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

VaultBoy282, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Login screen slow to come up?

1. Login screen slow to come up? - Similar Threads - Login screen slow

2. My pc comes on the screen saver but won’t bring up the login page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc comes on the screen saver but won’t bring up the login page: I can’t get my computer to bring up the login page. I had a new drivel installed and bought a new keyboard and mouse. But can’t get them to connect OT the PC to let me login...
  3. My pc comes on the screen saver but won’t bring up the login page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc comes on the screen saver but won’t bring up the login page: I can’t get my computer to bring up the login page. I had a new drivel installed and bought a new keyboard and mouse. But can’t get them to connect OT the PC to let me login...
  4. Login screen not coming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screen not coming: Suddenly this strange problem occurred, I'm not able to login because the login section is only not being displayed, when i boot my laptop, the time and date screen comes, but when i press a key to log in its a blank blurred screen or a black loading screen as shown in the...
  5. Login screen not coming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen not coming: Suddenly this strange problem occurred, I'm not able to login because the login section is only not being displayed, when i boot my laptop, the time and date screen comes, but when i press a key to log in its a blank blurred screen or a black loading screen as shown in the...
  6. w10 occasionally will have a slow boot up to login screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    w10 occasionally will have a slow boot up to login screen: Normally when I power up I get to the W10 login screen pretty quickly. I have a Dell XPS 8900 with I7 and SSD cache. Within the last two weeks when I power up first thing in the morning I will get a blue screen "waiting" with the swirling dots before I get to the login...
  7. Login will not come up when laptop is turn on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login will not come up when laptop is turn on: I have an acer laptop with windows 10 pro software. After the laptop boots up, the login asking for password will not come up. Any help is appreciated, Thank You. 176839
  8. Fast Start Up and then slow Login Screen

Fast Start Up and then slow Login Screen: Hi. Im having a weird problem when my laptop boot Windows At first,when the O.S is loading it took 30-40 seconds to load the login screen and then takes nothing to load the Desktop when i logged.However,after installing Xilinx,for some reason,it takes like 2-3 seconds to...
  9. login box does not come up automaticaly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    login box does not come up automaticaly: Why does the login box not come up automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-box-does-not-come-up-automaticaly/d8f2ce1f-a603-4dc1-9516-e35439f20b62
  10. DCOM 10005, Windows 10 login screen does not come up

DCOM 10005, Windows 10 login screen does not come up: Hi there, For the last 3 days I've been working on this. While playing a game, my computer froze. I tried ctrl+alt+del, and even soft reset, but it was non responsive. So, I had to cut the power. That was 3 days ago... I haven't been able to log in to windows 10 again....