Windows 10: Login screen stays the same

Discus and support Login screen stays the same in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 series running Windows 10. When booting, it used to show a different login screen background every time. Now, it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DOSHog#1, Apr 1, 2020.

1. DOSHog#1 Win User

Login screen stays the same

I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 series running Windows 10. When booting, it used to show a different login screen background every time. Now, it shows the same one. How can I restore the rotation? Thanks in advance.

:)

DOSHog#1, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 1, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Login screen stays the same

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Login screen stays the same [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Login screen stays the same

1. Login screen stays the same - Similar Threads - Login screen stays

2. Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows?: Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-login-screen-the-same-or-different-as-the/5df7056e-bb7c-4497-a1e9-9361e7381e28
  3. Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows?: Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-login-screen-the-same-or-different-as-the/5df7056e-bb7c-4497-a1e9-9361e7381e28
  4. Sticky Notes don't Stay at same position.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes don't Stay at same position.: Sticky Notes don't Stay at same position where i had placed it before shutdown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-dont-stay-at-same-position/076cb03e-1d30-4fad-9774-55e4c2903e37
  5. Icon size doesnt stay the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon size doesnt stay the same: Hey all, as the title says, the size of the icons on my desktop folders change constantly.. Id do control+scroll to change the size, reenter the folder it it will be on details. I'll change it from the menu to like view->large icons, reenter and it will be on details. I...
  6. Sound settings wont stay the same.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound settings wont stay the same.: I recently got a microphone and i was trying to turn the volume down on it. I went to the levels tab in properties with the microphone selected, then i toggled with the slider, lowering the volume. I went back to discord to listen and see if it helped and it did, it was...
  7. Window won't stay the same size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window won't stay the same size: I noticed this with Firefox, but it appears to happen with all windows, so I'm assuming it's a Win 10 thing. I have my browser set so it's not full screen. I adjust the left and bottom edges so they are at the very edge of the screen. However, when I close and open the...
  8. desktop icons dont stay at the same place

desktop icons dont stay at the same place: Hi, I'm tired of always having to rearrange the desktop icons, how to fix this ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-dont-stay-at-the-same-place/4113dd83-083b-43b9-ba34-f80e131968ad
  9. Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background

Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background: Hi, I have set the option "Show Windows Background on the sign in screen" in personalization -> Lock screen to true and I changed my wallpaper. The sign in screen keeps the default blue sign in background. This occurs on my PC and my laptop. Both are running Windows 10...
  10. Same user account twice on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Same user account twice on login screen: Hi all, I have a very weird situation going on on my login screen: basically, the username appears twice and, if I click on the second 'username', I get a different login screen but it logs into the same account anyway? I have taken a couple of screenshots, as they better...