Windows 10: Login screen to windows with the wrong username since the update

Discus and support Login screen to windows with the wrong username since the update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Since I performed these updates the login screen always has the incorrect username it is cut off. [ATTACH] Can you help me? I'm tired of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Marga_Moura, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Login screen to windows with the wrong username since the update

Hello,

Since I performed these updates the login screen always has the incorrect username it is cut off.

Login screen to windows with the wrong username since the update cffc1f57-055b-4a72-8120-77c06f5d1327?upload=true.jpg

Can you help me? I'm tired of inserting the username email and password every time.

Thank you.

:)

Marga_Moura, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Labsyboy Win User

How to change list of clickable usernames on login screen?

Hi,

customer has Ad domain with a lot of Windows 10 pro workstations. Users are frequently changing at same workstation and it is kinda annoying that Windows 10 login screen displays only 2 usernames on bottom left corner:

- <Last loged in user>

- Other user

Is it possible somehow to edit and set the list of usernames displayed there, to be, for example, list of 4 specific users?

Labsyboy, Oct 28, 2020
  3. "username placeholder" displayed on login screen

Hi,

Lock screen usernames will depend on the user settings that were saved on your computer. To isolate your concern with the lock screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• The version of your Windows. To know which version of Windows you are using, press
      Windows + R to open run window, type
      winver and press Enter.
    • Number of local accounts registered on your computer.
    • If your lock screen credentials is also a Microsoft Account.
    • If there are any error messages that you encounter.
    • If you can provide a photo of your lock screen.
    • Troubleshooting steps you’ve done so far.
    • Changes you've made prior to your concern other than updating Windows 10.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Brevet Win User

Login screen to windows with the wrong username since the update

Windows update created new login screen, auto login fails

Hey!

I did the windows 10 1809 update so I could play with RTX. Before this update I have been able to login automatically without typing any password, but after the update a new login screen appeard which breaks this. First it says that I entered the wrong username or password, on startup. Then a new login screen appeard. In the new login screen it asks for the username and password instead of only password. It have the username prefilled which is "Davve" in my case. I do not even know how to login with that username, I have tried everything, so it is just in the way, really annoying. So what I am doing know to login is switching in the bottom left to my other login WITH THE SAME EMAIL and just typing my password in the box as usally when I log out and want to log in again.

Can someone help me remove this username/password thing because I would really like to auto login as before this update.

Please ask for info you need any!

Brevet, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Login screen to windows with the wrong username since the update

1. Login screen to windows with the wrong username since the update - Similar Threads - Login screen wrong

2. Windows Hello Pin wrong username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Pin wrong username: Hi, We are trying to login on a different PC using my microsoft account. I logged in using my email and password, but then it did ask for my windows hello pin to verify my identity. I have no clue what this pin is, if I even have set it up. So, I clicked forgot my pin and...
  3. Windows Hello Pin wrong username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin wrong username: Hi, We are trying to login on a different PC using my microsoft account. I logged in using my email and password, but then it did ask for my windows hello pin to verify my identity. I have no clue what this pin is, if I even have set it up. So, I clicked forgot my pin and...
  4. Windows Hello Pin wrong username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wrong and nonexistant/nonworking default login prompted since update 2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong and nonexistant/nonworking default login prompted since update 2004: Hello, Since the latest update I now have two options to logon to windows 10 Pro 2004 version. Both are my name, simply; one is my normal login account, an MS account by my name and works fine. It was set to automatically login upon boot so I never had to input my password....
  6. Username wrong in files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Username wrong in files: This is a problem I've had for maybe 2 computers now and I haven't figured out how to fix it. I'm not good with computers in the slightest and have a hard time understanding real basic computer stuff. I'm also prone to breaking stuff which is why I'm asking here first to be...
  7. Username login

Username login: When I first received my laptop, I linked my old microsoft account. Months ago, I deleted it because I saw no use in it, but replaced it with my school email instead. Recently, I tried installing an app from the store but I needed to create a new account because my school...
  8. Change the username in Windows 10 login screen

Change the username in Windows 10 login screen: I have one microsoft account, only me on two computers. My husband has his computer with my account on it. How can I change his welcome page as it says my name, not his. ***Original Title: MSN welcome greeting name***...
  9. duplicate of my username on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    duplicate of my username on the login screen: hey guys. i have tried eveything google can search up for this issue. i am at a loss. my issue remains with a duplicate of my username on the login screen. i have tried deactivating my Microsoft account, netplwiz, cmd profile, registry profile deletes ( which delete all my...
  10. Disable Login Screen Username and Email?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Login Screen Username and Email?: Hey guys, so i am making my first thread here on the 10 forums. My question is as stated in the title: Can i remove the Username and Email that is being shown on the Windows 10 Login screen? (And preferably the account picture to). I want only the password box to be left, and...