Windows 10: Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot

Discus and support Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; win 10 pro 1709. Home computer. In the 3 plus months since I have had the notebook I have never used the lock screen. I do use the login screen each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by phaedruspress, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot

win 10 pro 1709. Home computer. In the 3 plus months since I have had the notebook I have never used the lock screen. I do use the login screen each and every time I power up (I believe I know I can do away with the log in screen but I like it) and I am greeted by the same custom image I have choose (not MS.) I also believe I know that you can change the lock screen picture using Windows Spotlight which I do not want to do even if it applies to the login screen and not the lock screen. Bottom line is I want to have a folder that has pictures of my choosing that rotate (random is fine) each and every time I do either a cold boot up or a warm restart. I don't care if they also apply to the lock screen as long as each time I restart or boot up the log in screen picture changes from those that are in a folder of my choosing. Can I do this preferably with out a third party app but I would be willing to entertain a third party app if I can not do this with win 10. Thanks.

:)

phaedruspress, Mar 18, 2018
  2. MadTown44 Win User

Windows 10 Login Screen background picture differs from my Windows 10 Lock Screen background picture

My Windows 10 personalization is set so that the Login Screen picture is the same as the Lock Screen picture. The lock screen picture is set to "Windows Spotlight."

However after a recent Windows 10 update push, the Login Screen picture does not match with the Lock Screen picture. The Login screen is picking up one of the images from the "Picture" setting of the lock screen.

I have tried changing the settings and then rebooting the computer. Nothing seems to work. Appreciate any comments on why the login screen and lock screen don't match anymore even though I have picked the proper selection in Windows 10.

MadTown44, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Can I Change the Windows 10 Boot Up Picture

In order to change the lock screen, and
    boot screen in Windows 10, [...]

For clarity, the Windows boot screen is the one with the Windows logo, the spinning dots, and a [mostly unused] progress indicator.

Changing the Windows Boot Screen

The lock screen is, as correctly written in so many posts, the one that is there when the computer is locked.

Unfortunately the confusion is as to whether there is a different picture for the screen which appears before pressing/clicking produces the login box.

Logically, one has to ask oneself "If I press the power button to turn on my PC and return in a couple of minutes, is it locked?" and, "I know if I press the space bar a login box will appear and the picture will resize, is it still locked?" ... followed
    by "Now I put in a bogus password and hit enter, is it still locked?"

I think the answer to these questions is "Yes".

Is this an answer for any of you?
    "How do I change the background image that displays on the lock screen BEFORE anyone has logged in? I'm on Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update. "

Farenheight451, Mar 18, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot

EdTittel, Mar 18, 2018
  5. Thanks for the post but I clearly stated I was looking for a solution OTHER then Spotlight.

phaedruspress, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot

1. Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot - Similar Threads - Login Screen Lock

2. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  3. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  4. Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking: Using a Lenovo T490 and a Thunderbolt 3 dock. I don't know if either of those factor in but either way I have an issue with the login screen completely failing to bring up the password prompt. Just stuck on a blurry background and a few on-screen buttons that do let me reboot...
  5. change pre-login screen not lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    change pre-login screen not lock screen: I have seen endless chains without answers that work reliably, and don't understand why Microsoft doesn't set up a question for Windows 10 users. Here is my question: How do I change the .jpg picture that comes up when I first turn on the computer? I am not referring to the...
  6. Locked login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  7. Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

Show Lock Screen on Login Screen: When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen? WIN 10 Pro 64Bit Thank you,...
  8. Startup Screen vs Login Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Screen vs Login Screen: Not a problem with my girl friends Win 10, but with mine. The Start screen, which shows the date and time, is fine. When I press enter to bring up the Login screen, the same image on the Start screen shows, but goes WAY out of focus. Very blurry. Any solution? Thanks 140505
  9. how to change the login screen picture?

how to change the login screen picture?: how to change the login screen picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-login-screen-picture/60765387-4f92-4d76-9ae9-e39839983077
  10. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Lock vs Login screen screenshot: Greetings - Ever since the latest update to Windows 10 (10.0,16299) my Login screen screenshot and Lock screen screenshot are different. Personalize>Lock Screen shows the desired screenshot as it always has. "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is...