Windows 10: Login screen

Discus and support Login screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I think I have a bit of a problem that I cant sort out. Ive been into the personalisation settings and I cannot change my login screen from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nickynoo, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Nickynoo Win User

Login screen

Hi

I think I have a bit of a problem that I cant sort out.

Ive been into the personalisation settings and I cannot change my login screen from being a plain solid colour, its the colour that I choose on settings/personalisation/colour

I have tried changing the setting on settings/personalisation/lock screen to picture and to windows spotlight but still there is no change.

Perhaps Im a bit confused but is the lock screen setable from anywwhere?
    I would be satisfied with a static picture on the screen berfore I get to the login screen but this is also a blank solid colour, I would really like this screen to change as windows spotlight does or as the windows desktop background changes display of picture files in a folder.

Interestingly when I press the windows key anf L to lock - an image from windows spotlight displays.

Nick

:)

Nickynoo, Apr 11, 2016

2. Can' t get past first screen.

My laptop running Window 10 boots. The first screen displays. It's a touch screen computer. I can move the first screen off to display the login in screen. However, just as the first screen leaves, the login screen fades to a blank screen. After a
    few seconds, the first screen reappears. I just had some suggestions to help, but the suggestion start with the login screen. I can't get to the login in screen.

Help?

Pat SimmonsJS, Apr 11, 2016
  3. Login Screen Background Issue

Hi,

For better assistance, we would like to know which login screen background are you trying to change on the computer. Is it the User Login Screen or the System Login Screen?

Thanks.

Michael Tus, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Login screen

@Nickynoo:
    Do you have both of these set in the following manner, especially #2?

Login screen [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 11, 2016
  5. Nickynoo Win User
    Oh I like that dark theme

Those settings you mentioned - background is now windows spotlight - it was picture, its taking ages to load windows spotlight
    the other setting was on like in your screenshot.

Nickynoo, Apr 11, 2016
  6. Nickynoo Win User
    Somehow it is right now, I tried the exact same steps as I did now earlier and they didnt work. Thankyou Edwin, Ill have to wait for a build in the slow ring that has that dark theme.

Nickynoo, Apr 11, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Paste the following into Notepad, save it as a .reg file then run it, restart Explorer and you will have dark theme:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize]
    "AppsUseLightTheme"=dword:00000000

Edwin, Apr 11, 2016
  8. Nickynoo Win User

Login screen

Help

Call me stupid but how do I do that.

Nickynoo, Apr 11, 2016
  9. Nickynoo Win User
    I figured it out - went to the location in regedit and created the dword 32 bit key

Nickynoo, Apr 11, 2016
  10. Nickynoo Win User
    I have marked this unsolved because the problem has returned.
    When i started my computer today the screen that shows after boot and before the login screen is a picture i once used not a windows spotlight picture as is set in settings/personalisation/lock screen which does say *windows spotlight*.

I want windows spotlight to appear on that screen and i want the login screen to be a solid colour.

Please help me sort this out, it seems that windows spotlight or the personalisation settings are not working properly.

Nick

Nickynoo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Login screen

1. Login screen - Similar Threads - Login screen

2. Login screen stuck solution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen stuck solution.: My windows 10 laptop stucked at login screen on loading I restarted so many times. I watched videos but anything is not working even at safe mode it shows my pin is incorrect. Please anyone can solve this, help me....
  3. Login screen stuck solution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screen stuck solution.: My windows 10 laptop stucked at login screen on loading I restarted so many times. I watched videos but anything is not working even at safe mode it shows my pin is incorrect. Please anyone can solve this, help me....
  4. Login screen stuck solution.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is there an update on laptop going to black screen after login page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an update on laptop going to black screen after login page?: Since the past two weeks, we saw that users from our organization is getting black screen with cursor after some windows updates. They get to login screen, put in their credentials and then get to black screen. Tried system restore, uninstall latest updates and then had to...
  6. Is there an update on laptop going to black screen after login page?

Is there an update on laptop going to black screen after login page?: Since the past two weeks, we saw that users from our organization is getting black screen with cursor after some windows updates. They get to login screen, put in their credentials and then get to black screen. Tried system restore, uninstall latest updates and then had to...
  7. Is there an update on laptop going to black screen after login page?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.: Using Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 22H2, fully up to date... This just started happening recently about a week ago, my mouse gets stuck and frozen on the side of the login screen, making me unable to use it or the touch option to login properly. I can only do it with my Slim...
  9. Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.

Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.: Using Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 22H2, fully up to date... This just started happening recently about a week ago, my mouse gets stuck and frozen on the side of the login screen, making me unable to use it or the touch option to login properly. I can only do it with my Slim...
  10. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...