Windows 10: Login session screen?

Discus and support Login session screen? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there any possible way to make Windows 10 not prompt for the User Name and only have to enter a Password? My setup is that whenever I boot into... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by win10freak, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Login session screen?

Is there any possible way to make Windows 10 not prompt for the User Name and only have to enter a Password? My setup is that whenever I boot into Windows, I need to enter both my username and password, but I want to just enter a password, but KEEPING THE CURRENT LOGIN CONFIGURATION created from my Group Policy settings as shown in the image shot. In other words, I want the Login screen to have Other User, but only ask for my password. If this is not possible, then no worries! Yes, I know that I can create a User Account called Other User, and have that displayed in the login screen, but I just need to have it setup the way like from the image but with NO USERNAME prompt. Only password.

:)

win10freak, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 12, 2021
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Login session screen?

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Login session screen? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Login session screen?

1. Login session screen? - Similar Threads - Login session screen

2. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10: Hi therei'd like to run a role policy which will allow one user login session and will kill the rest other login sessions to win10 domain using AD usersThanks in advance...
  3. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10: Hi therei'd like to run a role policy which will allow one user login session and will kill the rest other login sessions to win10 domain using AD usersThanks in advance...
  4. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  6. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  7. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Enhanced Session Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enhanced Session Login: Hi. I am new with Hyper-V, and I've encountered login troubles. I have a laptop with Windows 10 for Workstations; there I have created a VM with Windows 10 Pro under my work account. When I am running VM in normal mode, I have no problems; but, when I switch to enhanced...
  9. Work & School login session

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Work & School login session: My computer has been joined Domain via Intune. Then someone else logged in with their account on my computer and now it stuck in the windows login page even when I removed the account or delete the user profile. Do I have any ability to remove that session ? Thanks for the...
  10. Disable login screen after remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable login screen after remote desktop session: Hello! I want to know if it possible to disable the annoying login screen in the computer after remote desktop session. I have netplwiz with automatically logins after boot and I know the trick tscon.exe 0 /dest:console and it works, but I use remote desktop to connect...