Windows 10: Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake

Discus and support Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello. I have a weird issue with Windows 10 Pro x64. Using microsoft account I setup a PIN. Most of the time it woks fine - when computer wakes up... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vanowm, Jul 26, 2016.

1. vanowm Win User

Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake

Hello.

I have a weird issue with Windows 10 Pro x64.
    Using microsoft account I setup a PIN. Most of the time it woks fine - when computer wakes up it asks for my pin. However time to time for no apparent reason when wakes up it asks for for password instead, I have to switch to pin at login screen, then it works fine for a while again.

Anyone know what causing it and how to fix it (I don't want it ever ask for password by default)?

Thank you.

:)

vanowm, Jul 26, 2016
  2. lelalula Win User

windows 10 login PINpad stops automatically showing up?

***i should say its as if the device forgets to roll up the pin pad pad whenever i tap the password input bar after the fist login upon startup. When I wake the tablet up from sleeping is when tapping the password bar to bring up the login pin pad no
    longer works.

lelalula, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - Pin Number to Login Switched to Password Login on it's own. How do I switch back to Pin

I had my Windows 10 touchscreen computer setup with a pin number to login. I do not know what happened, but it suddenly switched to needing my password instead of the pin number to login. How do I switch it back to using the pin number?

JosephFadde, Jul 26, 2016
  4. lg25 Win User

I'm having the same issue since installing Bitdefender. Had Avast installed (paid version) but it went wonky and started blocking email along with other weird issues. It seems like it only happens when the PC is off overnight. I can reboot and get the PIN again, but when I shut down for the night, I always get the password. It's really annoying. Login was simple before, now I have to pay close attention. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a 25+ digit VeraCrypt password before it. I'm considering getting rid of the password altogether.

lg25, Dec 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake - Similar Threads - Login switches password

2. Windows 11 login asking for password instead of pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 login asking for password instead of pin: Hello,My friends laptop usually asks for a 4 digit pin to log in. However today it is asking for a password which she is unable to remember or she never set one up as she uses the PIN. Some clarifying info, I believe the account is a local one on the laptop so password...
  3. windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. While streaming I was prompted to sign-in with a pin code which I never created in the first place. This also occurred with my laptop but I was able to login using the Microsoft authenticator app. My desktop doesn't provide that...
  4. windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. While streaming I was prompted to sign-in with a pin code which I never created in the first place. This also occurred with my laptop but I was able to login using the Microsoft authenticator app. My desktop doesn't provide that...
  5. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN: When I try to log into my laptop, I've always used my password. After I installed a recent update, sometimes I am asked for my PIN instead. This is absolutely not what I want, and I only added a pin because Office 365 suddenly demanded one. I know my PIN, but my hands...
  6. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN: When I try to log into my laptop, I've always used my password. After I installed a recent update, sometimes I am asked for my PIN instead. This is absolutely not what I want, and I only added a pin because Office 365 suddenly demanded one. I know my PIN, but my hands...
  7. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to password instead of pin: I want to change from using my pin for login on my computer to using my password. I have searched and followed the instructions in the various questions/ threads here but there is no password option in the sign in options tab and the remove pin button is grayed out so I can't...
  8. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch to password instead of pin: I want to change from using my pin for login on my computer to using my password. I have searched and followed the instructions in the various questions/ threads here but there is no password option in the sign in options tab and the remove pin button is grayed out so I can't...
  9. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Windows suddenly asking for a PIN to login instead of Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows suddenly asking for a PIN to login instead of Password: My laptop only accepts a PIN even though I only remember setting up a password.I do not have an option to switch login optionsI also don't see power options, which after doing some research, is the way where I can troubleshoot and uninstall latest updates. I am referencing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ormally used a PIN to log on but it has suddenly switched to the password