Windows 10: Login then boot to white screen

Discus and support Login then boot to white screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, A friend brought me a Dell laptop. Sign in and then it boots to a white screen. I can get to task manager and run CMD, explorer and all that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChrisPbass, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Login then boot to white screen

Hi all, A friend brought me a Dell laptop. Sign in and then it boots to a white screen. I can get to task manager and run CMD, explorer and all that. Any advice on what to do now? Update it? Is this a driver problem? network connections doesn't want to come up though or this laptop is just slow or it is in fact bogged down by malware. User said she Malwarebytes freaking out and she thought she was being hacked so she shut it down. 2004 19041.1052 so yeah...I'll try and get this thing online and then update if possible. OK WHERE Is updates? Can't find it in control panel. Win I does not open settings????

:)

ChrisPbass, Aug 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 - stuck on orange screen with white circling dots

This PC is not part of a domain, and I never get to a login screen; only the orange screen above.

Your linked instructions for Safe Mode are not useful in my situation, as they assume I can boot
    normally into the system and then set an option to boot to safe mode. There is a way to boot to safe mode without the ability to boot normally but it is well hidden and complex - I will detail it below for future readers of this thread.

Your suggestion regarding Clean Boot is also not applicable. The instructions show how to disable services and startup items for third party applications. However, as I stated in my original post, I Reset Windows 10 so there are no third party
    services or startup items. Never the less, I went through the steps and the results are the same - orange screen with white circling dots.

Finally, your suggestion regarding creating a new user account is again not applicable. I have multiple accounts on this PC. As I never am presented with a login screen, I cannot utilize any of them.

I await your next repair step…

For readers who are unable to boot normally and wish to boot to safe mode (only try this if you are technically advanced):

• Boot to a Windows 10 installation disk
    • Go to Troubleshoot – Advanced Options – DOS Prompt (one might wonder why “Boot to Safe Mode” is not available in Advanced Options!)
    • Follow the instructions here: Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

Mike-Kremer, Aug 13, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    White Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop's screen will show a plain white screen. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes on your laptop recently?
    • At what point do this white screen appear?
    • Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Aug 13, 2021
  4. regan1985 Win User

Login then boot to white screen

login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Login then boot to white screen

1. Login then boot to white screen - Similar Threads - Login boot white

2. White screen? windows “login” malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White screen? windows “login” malfunction: Image posted when i turn the computer on it gets me to the login part, i log in, and it shows me this white square. i have tried for 3 hours now to get through, excuse the terms i might use wrong since i’m not english, but i have scanned it and that didn’t work, i have...
  3. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  4. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  5. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. white screen after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    white screen after login: My homescreen will load in normal, all the icons will appear, but before I can open or select anything the entire screen becomes white. I can still access task manager with ctrl alt del. But I'm not sure what else to do. I ran the safe mode troubleshoot and that didnt fix...
  7. a white screen overlays my login screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    a white screen overlays my login screen.: Hi, A white screen sits on top of my login screen. The laptop is not frozen. I can see my login page through if. But the login page is not accessible. I can just view it. How can I get out of this trap? N.B. browser is FIREFOX...
  8. White screen after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White screen after login: I updated my pc last night (HP 20 all in 1 pc) and today when I boot it up and login, it turns into a white screen with my cursor. I was able to move my cursor. I tried to alt+control +delete and open task manager but it didn't appear( I could get into the alt+ctrl+del page...
  9. White screen on boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White screen on boot up: Posting here because the live chat and call back feature isn't working. My laptop boots to a white screen. It worked normally when linked up through a tv. The faqs said i should boot into safe mode but now the white screen still remains but i can't link to a tv anymore. Is...
  10. Flashing white screen on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing white screen on boot: This has happened to me a few times now but luckily I run Rollback Rx and can roll back to the last good snapshot. I usually get the white flashing screen on boot when I try to install new security software, the latest culprits being Bitdefender and Avira free antivirus,...