Windows 10: Login time takes longer than before after KB4540673 update

Discus and support Login time takes longer than before after KB4540673 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Before I install KB4540673 update, every boot up all the way into desktop takes roughly 5 minutes. After I install the KB4540673 cumulative update, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yang XuanLim, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Login time takes longer than before after KB4540673 update

Before I install KB4540673 update, every boot up all the way into desktop takes roughly 5 minutes. After I install the KB4540673 cumulative update, the boot up start as normal then when enter login it will keep loading and showing Welcome for 5 minutes bumping the time to enter desktop to around 10 minutes.

This also happens when I sign out from desktop and sign in again. Before KB4540673 update, every sign will takes roughly 1 minutes but now it will around 5 minutes.

Windows 10 1909 18363.720

:)

Yang XuanLim, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

2020-03 Cumulative update failure

If this doesn't apply to you, then uninstall: Windows 10 update KB4540673 releases for version 1909 and 1903 • Pureinfotech

Jacee, Mar 16, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Login time takes longer than before after KB4540673 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Login time takes longer than before after KB4540673 update

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Login time takes longer than before after KB4540673 update

1. Login time takes longer than before after KB4540673 update - Similar Threads - Login takes longer

2. The dism and sfc /scannow commands take longer than before.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The dism and sfc /scannow commands take longer than before.: Hello. Recently, the dism and sfc /scannow commands have begun to take much longer than before. Previously, these commands took 10 minutes to complete, but now they take more than half an hour, sfc /scannow is very slow. In the summer I didn’t turn on the laptop for a long...
  3. The dism and sfc /scannow commands take longer than before.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The dism and sfc /scannow commands take longer than before.: Hello. Recently, the dism and sfc /scannow commands have begun to take much longer than before. Previously, these commands took 10 minutes to complete, but now they take more than half an hour, sfc /scannow is very slow. In the summer I didn’t turn on the laptop for a long...
  4. Windows system taking longer time for login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows system taking longer time for login: Hello,When employees are powering on the system after shutdown it's taking 4 Min 30 Sec to 5 Min to turn on the system.initially the bitlocker page comes after 1 Min 30 Sec. After Entering the bitlocker password the main windows login page take 2 Min 40 Sec. After entering...
  5. Windows system taking longer time for login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows system taking longer time for login: Hello,When employees are powering on the system after shutdown it's taking 4 Min 30 Sec to 5 Min to turn on the system.initially the bitlocker page comes after 1 Min 30 Sec. After Entering the bitlocker password the main windows login page take 2 Min 40 Sec. After entering...
  6. Windows system taking longer time for login

7. Startup takes longer than usual after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup takes longer than usual after update: Hello,For the past month or so, my laptop has been taking much longer than usual to start up. When I turn it on, I see the Windows logo and then a grey screen for at least 5 minutes before I see the sign-in screen. This issue began after I installed a recent update. I tried...
  8. Startup takes longer than usual after update

Startup takes longer than usual after update: Hello,For the past month or so, my laptop has been taking much longer than usual to start up. When I turn it on, I see the Windows logo and then a grey screen for at least 5 minutes before I see the sign-in screen. This issue began after I installed a recent update. I tried...
  9. Startup takes longer than usual after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before: Hi, Recently my restart and shutdown processes have been taking alot longer than normal so i looked up possible solutions and none have worked so far, however one method showed how to see what could be causing the problem by going into the Event Viewer. Below are...
Tags: