Windows 10: login to a "temporary profile"

Discus and support login to a "temporary profile" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the last update that my laptop did six days ago, when I started again, it was not with the usual desktop applications and it asked me to configure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andrés Felipe R, Jun 17, 2020.

1. login to a "temporary profile"

In the last update that my laptop did six days ago, when I started again, it was not with the usual desktop applications and it asked me to configure enough basic data.In the configuration of accounts it appears to me that I am using a temporary account, when investigating on how to fix it and returning to my main account I found a thread in which it said to delete the folder ".back" that had been formed with the temporary session, what I did restart the computer and there was no change, I still have the temporary account and I cannot go back to the main one.I hope you can help me, thanks.

:)

Andrés Felipe R, Jun 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 17, 2020
  3. dgootee Win User
    Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Jun 17, 2020
  4. login to a "temporary profile"

Temporary Profile on Logon

Hi Elaine,

Being signed in with a temporary profile may occur if the user account is not loaded correctly or has been removed from the system. For us to properly assist you in rectifying this unusual behavior, supply more information by answering these questions:

• Is your PC connected to a domain?
    • Were you able to load the same profile on your computer before using the new hard drive?
    • What exactly is being logged in as "temporary profile"? Is it another user account on your computer?
    • Aside from using the new hard drive, have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

login to a "temporary profile"

1. login to a "temporary profile" - Similar Threads - login temporary profile

2. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login into Windows Temporary profile.: Dear Forum, When I login to my laptop it is going to windows temporary profile. I am unable to follow the steps as mentioned in the below link as SETTINGS and Windows button were not opening. I even tried Windows + L or Windows + F but no result. Please assist how to resolve...
  3. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login into Windows Temporary profile.: Dear Forum, When I login to my laptop it is going to windows temporary profile. I am unable to follow the steps as mentioned in the below link as SETTINGS and Windows button were not opening. I even tried Windows + L or Windows + F but no result. Please assist how to resolve...
  4. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. cant login to temporary user profile

cant login to temporary user profile: Out of the blue this morning, when I turned on my PC I got that "You have been logged in with a temporary profile" message. I can't log off and log in with another user because there is only one option to choose from..When I click on Computer - Local Disk C: - Users, it...
  6. cant login to temporary user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant login to temporary user profile: Out of the blue this morning, when I turned on my PC I got that "You have been logged in with a temporary profile" message. I can't log off and log in with another user because there is only one option to choose from..When I click on Computer - Local Disk C: - Users, it...
  7. cant login to temporary user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Need to login service computer with temporary profile

Need to login service computer with temporary profile: We have a single use computer where members login with CAC smartcards just to submit trouble tickets via SharePoint. Currently logging in creates a local profile which takes quite long. Creating a profile on this computer is not needed because it is not used for anything...
  9. I have been login to temporary profile

I have been login to temporary profile: I had just finished uninstalling a program and it recommended restarting to clear up loose files. But when I did that, the next time I logged in it was like a new setup. None of the apps that I had on my task bar were there. Microsoft Edge was acting like a brand new...
  10. Temporary Profile Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary Profile Login: My computer is in a complete mess after updates a while back. I only get a Temporary Login Profile. Messages keep asking me to update but nothing completes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile-login/63b182ff-00bc-4138-bd23-7a422f614b0f