Windows 10: Login to account from start up.

Discus and support Login to account from start up. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am struggling to sign into my laptop when the login screen appears. Asks for a password, which I type in. It is correct, but it say it is incorrect.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by benwatkins2, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Login to account from start up.

I am struggling to sign into my laptop when the login screen appears. Asks for a password, which I type in. It is correct, but it say it is incorrect. I have reset the password 3 times, and it still says that it is the incorrect password. This is a 2 week old laptop.

:)

benwatkins2, Dec 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 start up user account

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with log-in user account, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to assist you better:

• How many user accounts are there on your computer?
    • Is your computer connect to Domain?
    • Were you able to see your another user account on start-up screen?

If you are able to see another user account on start-up screen, I suggest you to login through that account and enable the built-in admin account.

After enabling the built-in admin account you can login through that account and delete the default account.

Step 1: Steps to enable built-in admin account

Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Steps to delete the account:

• Login with the built-in administrator account.

• Press “Windows key + X" from the keyboard and click on
      Search icon.

• Type Control Panel in the search box, click on “User accounts” and on
      "Manage another account"

• Click the on the default account you want to delete and Delete.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Login to account from start up.

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Login to account from start up.

1. Login to account from start up. - Similar Threads - Login account start

2. Another account showed up at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another account showed up at login: When I turn on my leptop there is two accounts in the login, my actual account and another account. I just login to my actual account, when I try to remove the another account it's not on the list at netplwiz.Also, account only showed up when I turned my laptop after shut...
  3. Another account showed up at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another account showed up at login: When I turn on my leptop there is two accounts in the login, my actual account and another account. I just login to my actual account, when I try to remove the another account it's not on the list at netplwiz.Also, account only showed up when I turned my laptop after shut...
  4. Starting up Windows 10; No login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Starting up Windows 10; No login screen: I've just installed Windows 10 on my desktop. My husband's desktop which is not within range of the Wifi he doesn't use the internet came with Windows 10 so no upgrades since 2 years or so ago. I also had W10 at work but I retired over a year ago. So it is strange to me to...
  5. Trouble at start-up login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble at start-up login screen: So for the past couple of days I’ve had issues with my computer stuck in a restart loop shortly after login (I would log in after a standard boot and then 2-5 minutes later it just shuts off and restarts itself). I took it upon myself to google and find out ways to fix this...
  6. Switching Accounts at start up

Switching Accounts at start up: I have just brought a new laptop and set up a microsoft account and login- all is going well but given it is a laptop to be used on the move i would like the option to sign up to a local account at start up. is there a way to set the computer up so that at start up- both...
  7. Fast Start Up and then slow Login Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fast Start Up and then slow Login Screen: Hi. Im having a weird problem when my laptop boot Windows At first,when the O.S is loading it took 30-40 seconds to load the login screen and then takes nothing to load the Desktop when i logged.However,after installing Xilinx,for some reason,it takes like 2-3 seconds to...
  8. Duplicate login accounts when starting up

Duplicate login accounts when starting up: I have a question. I finally updated from Windows 7 XP Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Everything seems to have merged/crossed over correctly with one small issue. When I start up I have two user accounts at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. They are both the same name as...
  9. start up login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    start up login: i started my computer and i typed my pin for the account but its appears saying that '' you cant sign in with this account try a different account'' can someone please help me out with this?...
  10. Can't add account or download from store- started with a live login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't add account or download from store- started with a live login: Hi, I upgraded from Win 8.1 with a live id some weeks ago. In 8.1 I never used the store. 1. Any download I attempt from store => "Try again. Problem at our end' 2. I read that creating a new user account might be appropriate. But I can't do that. At one point I was asked...