Windows 10: login to desktop not accepted

Discus and support login to desktop not accepted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after win 10 update i am unable to login to access my desktop. I have never had a desktop log in and do not remember my skype login. I do not recall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sjkRN2, Mar 13, 2021.

1. sjkRN2 Win User

login to desktop not accepted

after win 10 update i am unable to login to access my desktop. I have never had a desktop log in and do not remember my skype login. I do not recall any microsoft log in information.

Because of this I cannot access my email or files.

thank you.

:)

sjkRN2, Mar 13, 2021

2. Login not accepted for my MS Account

Let me explain, again, what I have experienced:

• I use my MS account to unlock this computer. No problem doing that
    • I attempted to use other apps requiring the MS login, like Outlook, or even this forum, and it would not accept the very same credentials I used to unlock the computer
    • I used my wife's MS account to login to this forum so that I could seek help
    • I have tried resetting my MS account twice, and that did not work either.
    I would appreciate suggestions OTHER than wha I have already tried

SonoRimaggio, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 13, 2021
  4. login to desktop not accepted

Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

login to desktop not accepted

1. login to desktop not accepted - Similar Threads - login desktop accepted

2. Startup Repair Login Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup Repair Login Not Accepted: Hello, I am forced to do a Startup Repair following the latest Windows Upgrade since my laptop would not restart, but the Startup Repair will not accept my Microsoft Login that otherwise works fine. What can I do now? Thanks.Stuart...
  3. Startup Repair Login Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Login Not Accepted: Hello, I am forced to do a Startup Repair following the latest Windows Upgrade since my laptop would not restart, but the Startup Repair will not accept my Microsoft Login that otherwise works fine. What can I do now? Thanks.Stuart...
  4. Startup Repair Login Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PIN not accepting to login in windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN not accepting to login in windows...: My Dell lattitude 3490 laptop did not recognize my PIN when I tried to sign in I re-entered PIN to be certain it was entered correctly. The message was "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available" error code 0x80280013.Problem is that, Even there is no option to...
  6. PIN not accepting to login in windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN not accepting to login in windows...: My Dell lattitude 3490 laptop did not recognize my PIN when I tried to sign in I re-entered PIN to be certain it was entered correctly. The message was "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available" error code 0x80280013.Problem is that, Even there is no option to...
  7. PIN not accepting to login in windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Login characters not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login characters not accepted: When turning off my Acer notebook pc last night I was told there was a software update. I just logged out. Today when turning on pc I got the normal software updating blue screen. I waited until I got the login wallpaper then pressed enter and got the login box. I entered...
  9. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several questions on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....
  10. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several question on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....