Windows 10: login to several computers using the same user

Discus and support login to several computers using the same user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I often need to login to several win 10 computers at the same time using the same admin user account There is a way to do that, maybe running a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by epulone, Nov 11, 2017.

1. epulone Win User

login to several computers using the same user

I often need to login to several win 10 computers at the same time using the same admin user account
    There is a way to do that, maybe running a script or command automatically? It will save me a lot of time.

Thanks

:)

epulone, Nov 11, 2017

2. Two Windows 10 computers using the same account can access eachothers files (even if one has file sharing disabled!)

If you are using the same Microsoft account for both computers, some things will sync, depending on your settings.

Understanding the New Sync Settings in Windows 10

In particular, files in OneDrive folders will transfer.

JerryLippey, Nov 11, 2017
  3. Two Windows 10 computers using the same account can access eachothers files (even if one has file sharing disabled!)

I have a laptop and a desktop, both running Windows 10 on the same login.

I have been modifying network settings, and I have noticed that if my laptop has network discovery totally disabled, but I enable it on my desktop, my desktop can start accessing the laptops files. The same thing works vice versa.

Is this because both computers use the same login? Otherwise this seems like a big security flaw! How do I fix this?

DsomethingV, Nov 11, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Do you mean login when in front of PC or connect via network?

Samuria, Nov 11, 2017
  5. epulone Win User
    At the moment I have to do it manually one by one in the LAB. I was wondering if there is a way to send via network a command or script that do it all in once.

epulone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. login to several computers using the same user - Similar Threads - login several computers

2. Login to Windows 10 on two computers using same Microsoft account login.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login to Windows 10 on two computers using same Microsoft account login.: I have a Windows 10 laptop that I log into with my Microsoft account. I am about to start using another Windows 10 laptop and wanted to know if I can also login to that computer with the same Microsoft account? If I do, will my OneDrive backup be overwrite my current laptop...
  3. Multiple computers use the same Microsoft account and they all use different login user...

Multiple computers use the same Microsoft account and they all use different login user...: I have multiple computers that are all using the same admin microsoft account. I it a shared microsoft email accessed by multiple members of a group. Each computer was given a different name for login counter1, counter2 based on its location in the office. I would...
  4. Admin password not same as user login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin password not same as user login: Having a bit of trouble. i have a 6TB HDD but my system is configured for BIOS rather than UEFI and as such the drive defaulted to MBR rather than GPT. I am trying to get all this converted so i can use all 6TB. I have tried a few different options which havent seemed to...
  5. Is a different user on the same computer still considered the same “device” when using gmail?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is a different user on the same computer still considered the same “device” when using gmail?: If I login to my gmail from a different windows user on the same computer, will it trigger the “login from a new device” or “suspicious activity” warning because it’s from a different windows user account? Or does it just read the computer/device as a whole? submitted by...
  6. Clone user accounts on the same computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clone user accounts on the same computer: Good day everyone, is there a way to clone an user account to a new one on the same computer? I previously posted I have problems with icons but no one was able to give me an answer on how to fix it...
  7. Log in with multiple users on the same computer

Log in with multiple users on the same computer: There are three users on my computer, one admin & the other two standard users (no admin privilege). When one user logs on and then logs off of, a message appears "another user is logged on ….. data will be lost. The other user did not log on, so how did that other user...
  8. Login prompt with several users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login prompt with several users: Hi. Trying to solve this problem. This PC has 2 users -an administrator and a child. The child doesn't want to be prompted for a password when logging in. The problem is, to change this, you need to log in as the administrator to change it. That means the administrator would...
  9. Login with several users

Login with several users: Hi. Trying to solve this problem. This PC has 2 users -an administrator and a child. The child doesn't want to be prompted for a password when logging in. The problem is, to change this, you need to log in as the administrator to change it. That means the administrator would...
  10. Same user account twice on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Same user account twice on login screen: Hi all, I have a very weird situation going on on my login screen: basically, the username appears twice and, if I click on the second 'username', I get a different login screen but it logs into the same account anyway? I have taken a couple of screenshots, as they better...