Windows 10: Login to the PC using RFID Reader connected via COM Port

Discus and support Login to the PC using RFID Reader connected via COM Port in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it possible, that i want to login to system with RFID Reader connected to the PC by port COM instead of by password? The point is that when the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SebastianUminski, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Login to the PC using RFID Reader connected via COM Port

Is it possible, that i want to login to system with RFID Reader connected to the PC by port COM instead of by password? The point is that when the login screen is displayed, the reader will log us into the system after detecting the card. I made a windows service in C# which starts when the system starts. I use function WTSConnectSession from Wtsapi32.dll This works only if the system will go into sleep mode and I want to return to system without writing a password, but if I logoff user it doesn't log me. Any ideas?

***Original title: Login To Windows***

:)

SebastianUminski, Aug 27, 2019
  2. auggy Win User

BSOD after RFID reader attached to PC

I don't see anything definitive in the memory.dmp.

You said in your original post that you are "also having issues with Windows not recognizing some of my USB devices".

Can you check the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

At that registry key, in the right window, is there a "Name" UpperFilters and/or
    LowerFilters?

If so, what is "Data" for those Names?

Also, what is the maker/model of the RFID reader?

Did you install any driver for the RFID reader?

auggy, Aug 27, 2019
  3. BSOD after RFID reader attached to PC

Ok, So I found the solution.

The problem wasn't actually with the RFID reader, it was actually with my phone (the device Windows wouldn't recognise). Its the new OnePlus 5 so if anyone else has the same phone, the solution/work around is to put the phone into USB debug mode, that way
    Windows will see it and you will avoid any BSOD's.

I had just assumed that the RFID reader was the cause as that was the last thing I plugged in before my phone.

Anyway, thanks for replies/help, I will contact OnePlus about this as this is not what you expect from a new phone.

Thanks

Tom C

TomClay235, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Login to the PC using RFID Reader connected via COM Port

BSOD after RFID reader attached to PC

Hello

I have recently plugged an RFID reader into my PC and ever since I have been receiving a BSOD on shutdown or restart. I am also having issues with Windows not recognizing some of my USB devices (phone for example).

I have tried to reinstall my PC (twice) and I still get the BSOD.

The stop code is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

I have added a copy of the minidump to dropbox: Dropbox - Dumps - Simplify your life

Usually I can fix this sort of thing myself as I am an IT tech, but this one is just confusing me

Thanks

Tom Clay

TomClay235, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Login to the PC using RFID Reader connected via COM Port

1. Login to the PC using RFID Reader connected via COM Port - Similar Threads - Login using RFID

2. COM port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM port: I am using window 10, I tried to communicate with arduino mega 2560 by grbl controller. its connected but not active some times its active. why it happened. I tried many times I thoiught the com port service is inturupted by itself?...
  3. COM ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM ports: Where are the COM ports on windows 11? Looked through device manager and couldnt find any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/e9069c14-9696-4ac5-99df-a5a67079048a
  4. com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    com ports: How do I clear in use com ports in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/13a6b2f9-f52d-467c-a680-4bfa363a639f
  5. Com Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Com Port: My Com 3 Port was working fine and I now plugged in a device and I see 2- Com 2 ports and 1- Com 2 port, none of which are connecting to my device? How can I reinstall the Com 3 port driver if I delete the current one can I still download it>...
  6. RFID reader via USB-C

RFID reader via USB-C: I have ChinaReader rfid reader which detects the card and bleeps when it does but does not pass the information through to the website have tried various browsers that needs the info. I have tried connecting via the hub supplied with the Huawei laptop and with a converter; no...
  7. Com ports

Com ports: Whenever I try to use serial communation I get an error code #12. The message is I don't have enough room for the com port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/2cc86c83-2c30-4ef6-b30b-32cbe6508edb
  8. Com Ports

Com Ports: I'm having a problem with com port #5. It gives me a yellow sign with a quote. Whats happening is when I try to make changes to To my Mitsubishi GX 2000 software program for PLC logic controllers it tells me I have a problem with my comm port. I don't think I'm using a comm...
  9. Com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    Com ports: Where do I find the com port's that are assigned to a device that is connected with Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/1ebde4c0-a50f-4066-aaf1-ef4c7399ebe7
  10. Remove com ports in use?

Remove com ports in use?: While installing a USB to RS232 ftdi cable I noticed that I have about 20 com ports that say "in use" but are not in fact being used by anything (at least I don't think so). Is there a way to clear those com ports so that they can be used by a new device? Obviously...