Windows 10: Login twice before can access to computer

Discus and support Login twice before can access to computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was wondering if anyone have the same minor problem with me that I have to login twice before can access to my computer at the beginning of the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by imcanadian, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Login twice before can access to computer

I was wondering if anyone have the same minor problem with me that I have to login twice before can access to my computer at the beginning of the startup. That is the release of Build 1709 16294.1 on my Windows 10 64X Professional. Should I report to Windows Insiders about this to see if that is a problem or just me and others who have the similar problem as I have.

John

:)

imcanadian, Sep 20, 2017
  2. JPEQN Win User

Windows 10 Update Causing Double Login

Since running the Windows 10 update the other day, I am forced to log in twice before Windows unlocks my computer--how do I get it back to only one login?

JPEQN, Sep 20, 2017
  3. Login screen

My login screen and password must be done twice to open my computer. How can this be changed or stopped completely.

Donna Lloyd, Sep 20, 2017
  4. Login twice before can access to computer

Guess that I will roll back to normal Windows 10 64X operating system because I believe that I am the only one who have the problem with this.

John

imcanadian, Sep 22, 2017
  5. Neemobeer Win User
    Do you have an AV running and have you looked for errors in the event viewer pertaining to User Profile Service?

Neemobeer, Sep 22, 2017
  6. Thank you for your message and my son fixed it for me. I was asking him about the problem of this and he know what he is doing with the computer?

John

imcanadian, Sep 23, 2017
  7. lcs19 Win User
    i've joined the forum just to reply u man, I have the same problem, need to login twice before access my desktop

version: Windows 10 version 1709 upgraded 2 hours ago, everything is fine except for this bug

how did ur son solve it?

lcs19, Oct 17, 2017
  8. amihanov Win User

Login twice before can access to computer

Same problem here. Just updated yesterday and I need to log on twice to the computer.

amihanov, Oct 17, 2017
  9. lcs19 Win User
    I may have found a partial solution for it
    Go to settings, accounts, "enter options" (not sure if it's wrote like that in english version, but click on the link that shows a key) in the first option when it says "ask for password" and mark NEVER, it solved the problem, but it wont ask for password after a suspension =/

lcs19, Oct 17, 2017
  10. amihanov Win User
    OK, I fixed this, but I'm not exactly sure how. I would have to guess that it got fixed as a result of "playing around" with netplwiz.
    I tried to enable automatic logon (That is, uncheck the need to enter user name and password), then I rebooted and something weird happened. Not only the machine did not automatically log in but it also showed me like it had duplicate users with my name, one didn't work and the other did work. I logged on with the one that worked and from that point forward, the laptop was logging on automatically without issues. Then, since I don't want this as the final configuration, I ran netplwiz again to enable the requirement to enter a username and password, and everything went back to normal. Again... I think this is what fixed the problem but I'm not exactly sure. I will need confirmation from someone else.

amihanov, Oct 17, 2017
  11. lcs19 Win User
    I just set to nerver ask password after a suspention, now it's working fine, but i'm not sure if it's the right way to fix it

lcs19, Oct 17, 2017
  12. lcs19 Win User
    my solution my not work after a few tries x.x
    i tried ur solution @amihanov
    and it worked

lcs19, Oct 17, 2017
  13. Login twice before can access to computer

Hi all.

This issue (double login with pin on Win 10) frustrated me for a while now after the fall content update, however after reading this post I think I managed to fix it.

What I did was disable Windows option to "use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart". This option used to be under Update & Security>Advanced Options and I know for a fact it was never enabled. After the content update however, that option has now moved to Accounts>Sign-in Options and is enabled. After disabling the auto login I have not encountered the problem, so...yay?

*Arrow Use sign-in info to auto finish after Update or Restart in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

I know this annoyed me a hell of a lot, so hopefully this helps others. If this "fix" was just a coincidence I will update the post.

TestAccount01, Oct 17, 2017
  14. davidhk Win User
    I was having the same issue about having to sign in twice before I could get in.
    Your workaround works. Thank you.

However, I also notice that by using your solution the time it takes to eventually get to my desktop is much longer than before.
    I would venture to say that it took longer time that way than to sign in twice.

In any event, thank you for your solution.

davidhk, Oct 17, 2017
  15. You are very welcome!

It's interesting that you say it now takes you longer to get to your desktop. I haven't noticed any increase load time for me at all, but I'll be on the lookout.

TestAccount01, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

Login twice before can access to computer

1. Login twice before can access to computer - Similar Threads - Login twice before

2. Why does my computer show a blurry screen before login? No login appears. No access to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer show a blurry screen before login? No login appears. No access to...: The computer screen is blurry before login. I’ve tried restarting, rebooting, safe mode, turning the computer and off but it is not working. I can’t login In....
  3. Why does my computer show a blurry screen before login? No login appears. No access to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer show a blurry screen before login? No login appears. No access to...: The computer screen is blurry before login. I’ve tried restarting, rebooting, safe mode, turning the computer and off but it is not working. I can’t login In....
  4. Mircosoft login in twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mircosoft login in twice: I recently just got a new pc and keep trying to log in to my mircosoft account. It asks me to log in with my email and password, then this message appears "Sign into this computer using your Microsoft accountNext time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account...
  5. Mircosoft login in twice

Mircosoft login in twice: I recently just got a new pc and keep trying to log in to my mircosoft account. It asks me to log in with my email and password, then this message appears "Sign into this computer using your Microsoft accountNext time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account...
  6. Mircosoft login in twice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Have to now login to gmail before I can access Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have to now login to gmail before I can access Windows 10: Trying to figure out what happened after upgrading to new motherboard/CPU and having to reactivate windows, and installing Google drive. When I boot Windows 10, it wants me to signin to my gmail account...which I don't want. However, that user profile is the one that has all...
  8. Have to now login to gmail before I can access Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to now login to gmail before I can access Windows 10: Trying to figure out what happened after upgrading to new motherboard/CPU and having to reactivate windows, and installing Google drive. When I boot Windows 10, it wants me to signin to my gmail account...which I don't want. However, that user profile is the one that has all...
  9. Have to now login to gmail before I can access Windows 10

10. Computer got stuck before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer got stuck before login screen: Title says it all. I woke my computer from sleep mode, and clicked to get to the PIN entry screen, but instead, it just got stuck at a screen with only the background image. The only way out was to cold boot. I literally never had this happen until today. What may have caused...