Windows 10: Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

Discus and support Login using Azure AD account instead of local account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi!I am trying to find the recommended way to go from using a local account to a Azure AD account for log-in on Windows 10. I have a computer with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Patrik S_, May 26, 2022.

1. Patrik S_ Win User

Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

Hi!I am trying to find the recommended way to go from using a local account to a Azure AD account for log-in on Windows 10. I have a computer with a local admin account. I used this to create a work account. It seems to go well and I can find the computer listed in Azure AD as AD registered and MDM connected to Microsoft Intune. So far so good. Now I am stuck not able to change account and log-in with a domain account instead of the local user. There is simply no option to switch user. Not in the windows menu as the picture show or on the login screen. I have seen a number of threads on this m

:)

Patrik S_, May 26, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?

Unfortunately, you cannot switch an Azure AD account to a local or Microsoft account. You need to create a new user account first, make it an admin account, then disconnect from your organizational account, restart and sign in to new local account.

All software remains installed and intact but all user specific customizations and settings are lost, new local user starting from scratch with default settings.

The whole process step by step:

1.) Copy your personal data (documents, images etc.) from current Azure AD user profile folder to respective folders in C:\Users\Public

2.) In Settings > Accounts > Other people, add a new local user (see Option One in this tutorial) and change it's account type to Administrator (tutorial)

3.) Check that everything is correct, that you will see your Azure AD account under Work or school users (yellow highlight), and your new local admin account under Other people (blue highlight):

Login using Azure AD account instead of local account [​IMG]

4.) Select Access work or school on left pane, select the connected Azure AD domain, click Disconnect:

5.) Click Yes:

6.) Click Disconnect:

7.) Enter the username and password for your new local admin account, click OK:

8.) Click Restart now:

9.) When back on desktop with your new local admin account, move personal data from Public folder and its subfolders you backed up in step 1 above to respective subfolders on new user profile folder. If the old Azure AD user profile folder is still present in Users folder, it can be deleted now.

That's it.

3. Unable to disconnect from Azure AD after account login issues

Been having an issue with one of our systems that is Azure AD joined, we seem to be experiencing the issue with accounts claiming that the password is incorrect. We are running and Insider Preview build (18346.19h1) on this system, so know to expect a couple
    of issues, but wanted to get others thoughts on it before we reload the system.

Steps taken so far are:

• try other Azure Users, same error
    • create and login with a local account
    • disconnect and reconnect to Azure AD
    One of the issues being that we cannot disconnect the system. The disconnect button warns of the consequences, then proceeds to do nothing.

Any other troubleshooting steps to try or is it time to wipe and reload?

richardthompson21, May 26, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account - Similar Threads - Login using Azure

2. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account: Hi All,When we apply Password Policy in Intune for Azure Ad Account to Login to Window Computers, Does the policy applies to Local user Account as well ?For Example: When creating Windows device compliance Policy we have option to Password expiration days, if we apply this...
  3. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account: Hi All,When we apply Password Policy in Intune for Azure Ad Account to Login to Window Computers, Does the policy applies to Local user Account as well ?For Example: When creating Windows device compliance Policy we have option to Password expiration days, if we apply this...
  4. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login using Azure AD account instead of local account: Hi!I am trying to find the recommended way to go from using a local account to a Azure AD account for log-in on Windows 10. I have a computer with a local admin account. I used this to create a work account. It seems to go well and I can find the computer listed in Azure AD...
  6. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

Login using Azure AD account instead of local account: Hi!I am trying to find the recommended way to go from using a local account to a Azure AD account for log-in on Windows 10. I have a computer with a local admin account. I used this to create a work account. It seems to go well and I can find the computer listed in Azure AD...
  7. legacy Azure AD account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    legacy Azure AD account: Hello Is there a way to resume a azure AD/ user login information,I have tried disable credential manager, seems work for a while but the credential box comes back. My question is, is the azure AD account unlockable thanks...
  8. legacy Azure AD account

legacy Azure AD account: Hello Is there a way to resume a azure AD/ user login information,I have tried disable credential manager, seems work for a while but the credential box comes back. My question is, is the azure AD account unlockable thanks...
  9. Azure AD Account Locked

Azure AD Account Locked: Hi everyone, We are using Azure AD DS. One of the user accounts got locked today wrong password attempts by the user. The password was reset from the Azure Portal. But it still says the account is locked when trying to login to Windows. Is there anyway to unlock the user...
  10. use local account instead

use local account instead: I recently signed in to my microsoft accunt on my notebook, and now I'm forced to login using my microsoft account which i don't want to. So I tried to changing settings in user accounts to permit me login with my local account instead, but whenever i get to the ''current...