Windows 10: Login Using Microsoft 365 Accounts for Shared Enterprise PCs

Discus and support Login Using Microsoft 365 Accounts for Shared Enterprise PCs in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there! I wonder if there is a way to enforce guest users to login their PCs with their enterprise email accounts ie. *** Email address is removed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VP.P, Aug 17, 2020.

1. VP.P Win User

Login Using Microsoft 365 Accounts for Shared Enterprise PCs

Hi there! I wonder if there is a way to enforce guest users to login their PCs with their enterprise email accounts ie. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***?

I'm trying to introduce multi-factor authentication login for all users when using the company's PCs, as of now, I could only think of making everyone login using their 365 accounts. All PCs in the company are shared computers connected to the same network, anyone can use any of the PCs at anytime.

Is this possible? Thanks a bunch!

:)

2. FranckMa Win User

How do I prevent private computer of my users to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise when they login to a Microsoft 365 E3 account?

Thanks Sarah,

well, let's take a look at it step by step.

the whole company moves to Microsoft 365 E3, inlcuding Windows 10 E3 (no Windows SA anymore)

this means I need to assign each user a Windows 10 E3 license, subscription based.

Nr. 5. of your last link above says:

Windows 10 in CSP

5. No OS re-install is required - just connect Windows 10 Pro with Anniversary Update to Azure AD, sign-in with a user with assigned Windows 10 Enterprise E3 license and the device will become Windows 10 Enterprise after reboot.

Activation of windows is not done through KMS anymore but through the Azure AD User Account.

This User Account also has Office 365 E3 service assigned to, like Office 365 Pro Plus, ...

Office 365 also does not have any home user rights anymore, but you can use one or several of the 5 installations on your home PC, which requires to logon from the home PC to your Azure AD user account.

Now what happens to your Home PC with Windows 10 Pro, when you login with / connect to your Azure AD user account with

this Windows 10 E3 license assigned to?

regards,

Franck

FranckMa, Aug 17, 2020
  3. scopio Win User
    Office 365 Outlook email accounts

The reason I am asking these questions are that two individuals are buying two new laptops and would like to share one Microsoft Office 365 Personal.
    A has a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Personal already and wants to share the same account with B.
    I have installed Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc B and when launching Outlook all my email accounts from A were loaded. So, I cannot figure out how to install Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc so that my email accounts A are not loaded.
    This raises more questions for me.
    1. So this
      • User A installs and activates O365 on User B's laptop
      • User B adds his / her email accounts to Outlook
      would not apply to Microsoft Office 365 Personal as it breaches the licence agreement?
    2. Am I correct?
    3. If it does apply how can I install Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc so that my email accounts A are not loaded, and I can only add B email account on the second pc?
    4. Would B be able to access A OneDrive?
    5. Or would B have a separate 1TB free space in One drive, or only the free 5GB or none at all?
    6. And most importantly is this even legal or in breach of contract as Microsoft Office 365 Personal is for one user only?

scopio, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Login Using Microsoft 365 Accounts for Shared Enterprise PCs

MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Login Using Microsoft 365 Accounts for Shared Enterprise PCs

1. Login Using Microsoft 365 Accounts for Shared Enterprise PCs - Similar Threads - Login Using Microsoft

2. Windows 11 Pro Login Using Microsoft 365 for Business Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Login Using Microsoft 365 for Business Login: I have a Microsoft 365 for Business Account with multiple users and would like to be able to login to our Windows 11 Pro computers using those accounts. I was told this is possible, but I have not figured out how this works. I have a custom domain, brammerinsurance.com, and...
  3. Windows 11 Pro Login Using Microsoft 365 for Business Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Login Using Microsoft 365 for Business Login: I have a Microsoft 365 for Business Account with multiple users and would like to be able to login to our Windows 11 Pro computers using those accounts. I was told this is possible, but I have not figured out how this works. I have a custom domain, brammerinsurance.com, and...
  4. Sharing Microsoft 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Sharing Microsoft 365: I shared a copy of Microsoft 365 with one of my students, but OneDrive shows up in my name. Not very good for his privacy or mine! All help will be appreciated by both of us. Edit: Also, it hasn't given him his 1 TB of storage in OneDrive. 181496
  5. Microsoft 365 account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft 365 account: How do I remove a connected Microsoft 365 family account from my computer? I am not the administrator. The administrator profile has a separate profile on my computer but the documents and information are mine. In "Locate my computer", the administrator's computer is seen...
  6. Microsoft 365 account and Windows 10 login account conflict.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 365 account and Windows 10 login account conflict.: My client having a company having a website say for www.yy.com bought a Windows 10 a few months back and the set up the Windows 10 login with an email say for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Now few months later they bought Micrososft 365 mail services for...
  7. Removal of Windows Work account > impact to Microsoft 365 for Enterprise (Office)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removal of Windows Work account > impact to Microsoft 365 for Enterprise (Office): Hi! A while ago I created Work Account in Windows 10 say ["n.n @ work.xxx](mailto:"n.n@work.xxx)" (don't even remember why...). Seems due to that (having Work account in Windows 10), Windows 10 setup can not sync my Windows settings to the cloud using my Windows account...
  8. Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs: I would just like to know if I can use the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs, since I intend to purchase a more powerful one and I don’t think I can sell my old PC, so that I intend to just leave my account logged on into it and refer to the files and other apps every so...
  9. Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs: If I have an administrator account on two PCs on my local network, both with the same names and passwords, shouldn't they be able to have the same access on each other's PCs? For example, if I have a shared folder \\PC1\Folder and the local account Bob with the password...
  10. Microsoft 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security: Today at Microsoft Inspire in Washington DC, Microsoft unveiled Microsoft 365, a new set of commercial offerings that include Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS). Microsoft 365 delivers a complete, intelligent, and secure solution to empower...