Windows 10: Login with Local User on Windows Pro

Discus and support Login with Local User on Windows Pro in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have just started up a brand new HP Desktop machine with Windows Pro installed. I completed the setup, all ok. I have created a new user for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DavidBarnett9, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Login with Local User on Windows Pro

Hi,

I have just started up a brand new HP Desktop machine with Windows Pro installed.

I completed the setup, all ok.

I have created a new user for my collegaue to use the PC who will also need to be an administrator.

She does not have a microsoft email acount or address and so I created the user as a LOCAL user on the machine.

However when I try to switch users or restart the machine and try to login with the new local user I only ever get asked for an Email not a username and therefore I can never login.

I have tried inserting the username I created into the email field but no luck.

Please let me know how I can set up an account to use the computer that does not have an email.

(Only the local user)

Thanks

David

:)

DavidBarnett9, Apr 15, 2019

2. Use a Local user Account to login to Windows 10 PC

Hello Vojta,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want a Local user account to login to your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to convert the Microsoft Account you are using to a Local Account.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Sign in with a local account instead ” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Login with Local User on Windows Pro :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Login with Local User on Windows Pro

Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Login with Local User on Windows Pro

1. Login with Local User on Windows Pro - Similar Threads - Login Local User

2. How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?: I setup a new computer.I was forced to use a Windows ID to setup the computer so I used my work Exchange email.Now the computer is setup, but for some reason the computer is linked to some Azure ID which I have no idea what that is.I do not want my computer to be locked via...
  3. How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?: I setup a new computer.I was forced to use a Windows ID to setup the computer so I used my work Exchange email.Now the computer is setup, but for some reason the computer is linked to some Azure ID which I have no idea what that is.I do not want my computer to be locked via...
  4. How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account: Ive created a LOCAL USER account as admin using Control Panel but there is no option to login as LOCAL USER. Ive also tried to change user login options in ACCOUNT SETTINGS but it doesnt exist shown in Screenshot examples. Is there a reg hack or something.COuldnt get the...
  5. How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account: Ive created a LOCAL USER account as admin using Control Panel but there is no option to login as LOCAL USER. Ive also tried to change user login options in ACCOUNT SETTINGS but it doesnt exist shown in Screenshot examples. Is there a reg hack or something.COuldnt get the...
  6. Windows 10 forgotten local user login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 forgotten local user login password: HiSo my windows 10 desktop PC has a local user admin account. It’s running windows 10 v21h1. The login password is not working so I have been trying to get into the system to reset it. I can get so far, but when I try to use something like the command prompt, it asks for the...
  7. Can't login as local user

Can't login as local user: I have new a Dell Laptop 8 gb, i5, 64-bit x64- based processor. I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042/865, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 via the Media Creation tool, clean installation. Which went without a hitch. I had to login...
  8. Local User login on Win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local User login on Win 10: Hi I purchased a dell xps15 and set up win10 as a work user. I then proceed to add a local user. I was asked username, password and set up 3 security questions. However I was unable to login as a local user, as the login screen ask for an email address and password. I was...
  9. Microsoft login to local user sign in

Microsoft login to local user sign in: I'm about to switch from Microsoft administrator account to a local account. What about my files, pictures. Will they be automatically saved or do I need to save all of them again before changing to a local account? Thank you...
  10. Local access user login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local access user login: I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile. I have...