Windows 10: Login with OTP -> password not accessable?

Discus and support Login with OTP -> password not accessable? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,I thought about logging into MS Account with the OTP email Code instead of password in case if a virus infects the device. Is that thought... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MartenWill58, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Login with OTP -> password not accessable?

Hi,I thought about logging into MS Account with the OTP email Code instead of password in case if a virus infects the device. Is that thought legitimate or can a Virus/malicious program get access to the accounts real password?Thanks

:)

MartenWill58, Nov 23, 2021

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 23, 2021
  3. donnyb Win User
    No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Login with OTP -> password not accessable?

Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

Thema:

Login with OTP -> password not accessable?

1. Login with OTP -> password not accessable? - Similar Threads - Login OTP password

2. Microsoft Account Mobile OTP Not Received

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Mobile OTP Not Received: I have created a new Microsoft account and added my phone number as a recovery option. But now When I am trying to install anything from Windows Store Microsoft is asking for login and after entering password it's asking for otp but the problem is I didn't receive any otp...
  3. Microsoft Account Mobile OTP Not Received

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Mobile OTP Not Received: I have created a new Microsoft account and added my phone number as a recovery option. But now When I am trying to install anything from Windows Store Microsoft is asking for login and after entering password it's asking for otp but the problem is I didn't receive any otp...
  4. login password

login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  5. login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  6. Login with OTP -> password not accessable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login with OTP -> password not accessable?: Hi,I thought about logging into MS Account with the OTP email Code instead of password in case if a virus infects the device. Is that thought legitimate or can a Virus/malicious program get access to the accounts real password?Thanks...
  7. Login with OTP -> password not accessable?

Login with OTP -> password not accessable?: Hi,I thought about logging into MS Account with the OTP email Code instead of password in case if a virus infects the device. Is that thought legitimate or can a Virus/malicious program get access to the accounts real password?Thanks...
  8. PIN to login, but full password for credit card access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PIN to login, but full password for credit card access?: Is there a way to; log into windows with a PIN stop PIN access to my credit card details on Roblox? When buying, a windows security box pops up, asking for my windows PIN. The problem is I want my young son to be able to log into the PC with PIN, but not purchase Roblox...
  9. login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password: How do I disable the login password? I've tried changing my password and leaving the new one blank but I just get an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/login-password/71f13d7c-2ac8-4f79-98e4-66047ccb4583
  10. Password login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password login: Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option >...