Windows 10: Login with several users

Discus and support Login with several users in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. Trying to solve this problem. This PC has 2 users -an administrator and a child. The child doesn't want to be prompted for a password when logging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BernardMarquardt, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Login with several users

Hi. Trying to solve this problem. This PC has 2 users -an administrator and a child. The child doesn't want to be prompted for a password when logging in. The problem is, to change this, you need to log in as the administrator to change it. That means the administrator would not have a prompt either. So that defeats the purpose. What else can be done? Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

BernardMarquardt, Mar 2, 2019
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Login with several users

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Login with several users

1. Login with several users - Similar Threads - Login several users

2. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  3. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  4. Windows Vista error 'the User Profile Service failed the login'. tried several suggestions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista error 'the User Profile Service failed the login'. tried several suggestions...: I have an order acer desktop PC that was only used for old games- Silent Hunter 4, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07, Anytime Organizer, older MS Office...etc. PC needs storage clean up and unused programs uninstalled by Admin me, as PC very slow. I do have a newer laptop but miss my...
  5. Windows Vista error 'the User Profile Service failed the login'. tried several suggestions...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Vista error 'the User Profile Service failed the login'. tried several suggestions...: I have an order acer desktop PC that was only used for old games- Silent Hunter 4, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07, Anytime Organizer, older MS Office...etc. PC needs storage clean up and unused programs uninstalled by Admin me, as PC very slow. I do have a newer laptop but miss my...
  6. Consolidating several users to just one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consolidating several users to just one: I had a computer with a corrupt hard drive years ago and it was set up with multiple Users. When I got my current PC an HP about 3 years ago everything was moved over the same as it was on the old computer. All fine and dandy until I just got a new laptop Dell with OneDrive....
  7. Login user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login user: I logged in on a friends computer now my account is on his computer shows me. He wants his acct. to show up and to get rid of "Edge" as a browser. Please gig me a clue please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-user/89556bab-4e7d-4981-9a40-0bb721f8b5d7
  8. Login prompt with several users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login prompt with several users: Hi. Trying to solve this problem. This PC has 2 users -an administrator and a child. The child doesn't want to be prompted for a password when logging in. The problem is, to change this, you need to log in as the administrator to change it. That means the administrator would...
  9. "The RPC sever is unavailable" during login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "The RPC sever is unavailable" during login: so my windows 10 was working fine until this morning i tried to log in to my computer it gives me this problem "The RPC server is unavailable". i tried to search online for solution, however, most of them start off by telling me to press windows + r key, but my problem is i...
  10. login to several computers using the same user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    login to several computers using the same user: I often need to login to several win 10 computers at the same time using the same admin user account There is a way to do that, maybe running a script or command automatically? It will save me a lot of time. Thanks 97828