Windows 10: Login

Discus and support Login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am now completely unable to log onto my desktop. I no longer have the pin option that I have always used and I cannot access its passwords. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidEmigh, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Login

I am now completely unable to log onto my desktop. I no longer have the pin option that I have always used and I cannot access its passwords. I can see it from my laptop but cannot do a thing with it. How can I have the splash screen ask for my pin again? Or can I change things remotely through my Microsoft account. I just want to get back on to it. Multiple reboots has done nothing and when I click on "I forgot my Password" it gets to a blue screen that says something went wrong. I am at a loss.

:)

DavidEmigh, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Nov 6, 2018
  4. rmanasa Win User

Login

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Login

1. Login - Similar Threads - Login

2. Windows Account Login - "get a new one" and/or "already exists"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Account Login - "get a new one" and/or "already exists": I am trying to assist my father with a new computer, upgrading him from and older PC which does not support Win 11 to a new one with Win 11 Pro. He has a microsoft account I know which is tied to his Office 365 subscription, but it does not seem to work for logging on to the...
  3. Windows Account Login - "get a new one" and/or "already exists"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Account Login - "get a new one" and/or "already exists": I am trying to assist my father with a new computer, upgrading him from and older PC which does not support Win 11 to a new one with Win 11 Pro. He has a microsoft account I know which is tied to his Office 365 subscription, but it does not seem to work for logging on to the...
  4. When I'm trying to login to my PC . throwing an error starting "windows couldn't connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I'm trying to login to my PC . throwing an error starting "windows couldn't connect to...: When I'm trying to login to my PC . throwing an error starting "windows couldn't connect to the group policy client service" how can I fix this issue.pls help.there was an update happened last night and after that facing this issue...
  5. When I'm trying to login to my PC . throwing an error starting "windows couldn't connect to...

When I'm trying to login to my PC . throwing an error starting "windows couldn't connect to...: When I'm trying to login to my PC . throwing an error starting "windows couldn't connect to the group policy client service" how can I fix this issue.pls help.there was an update happened last night and after that facing this issue...
  6. When I'm trying to login to my PC . throwing an error starting "windows couldn't connect to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't login using my fingerprint, PIN and can't Remember my Password. PLEASE HELP ME!

Can't login using my fingerprint, PIN and can't Remember my Password. PLEASE HELP ME!: so where the issue lies I was trying to reset my password to be able to change my pin after as what the message boxes instructed note: I only did this because there was no option to change the pin in the beginning just the option forgot pin and forgot the other one upon...
  8. Can't login using my fingerprint, PIN and can't Remember my Password. PLEASE HELP ME!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login using my fingerprint, PIN and can't Remember my Password. PLEASE HELP ME!: so where the issue lies I was trying to reset my password to be able to change my pin after as what the message boxes instructed note: I only did this because there was no option to change the pin in the beginning just the option forgot pin and forgot the other one upon...
  9. Stuck on login screen while trying to play a game through Microsoft store fallout 76

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on login screen while trying to play a game through Microsoft store fallout 76: Any time i try to open my game it requests me to sign in before and after i launch the game but once i get to the game part it stops working and i also cant seem to try to change my account and I've already performed a reinstall of windows....
  10. Stuck on login screen while trying to play a game through Microsoft store fallout 76

Stuck on login screen while trying to play a game through Microsoft store fallout 76: Any time i try to open my game it requests me to sign in before and after i launch the game but once i get to the game part it stops working and i also cant seem to try to change my account and I've already performed a reinstall of windows....