Windows 10: Login

Discus and support Login in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I can only log into my new pc with a company/school account. I cant use my personal microsoft account for some reason. Help! How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Banger1233, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Login

Hey,

I can only log into my new pc with a company/school account. I cant use my personal microsoft account for some reason. Help! How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/Banger1233
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Banger1233, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jun 30, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Login

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Login

1. Login - Similar Threads - Login

2. computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off: I am at a complete loss. I am the only person who uses my computer. I don't want to have to put in a pin or password when I turn my computer on. I have changed the settings to no password. I have gone to netplwz and reset it there to not ask for a password. And yet...it asks...
  3. Is there a way to enable automatic login on Ver. 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to enable automatic login on Ver. 2004?: I just had to do a fresh Windows install and before that I used to go Win + R > netplwiz > mark the checkbox but on my update 2004 this checkbox disappeared. I also tried through the registry but it seems both registry entry mentioned on the article got changed too and...
  4. Old Laptop fails to login, despite correct password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old Laptop fails to login, despite correct password?: I reset my Microsoft e-mail password, connected to WiFi and tried to login. However, it gets stuck on "Welcome" loading circle for maybe 4 minutes before returning me to the login screen. The password is correct. It doesn't tell me the password is wrong or anything.. Is...
  5. Changing my login to full administrator?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my login to full administrator?: Good afternoon good people. I seem to be having an issue. I need to add something to the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\etc Host file and am having a hell of a time. I am the only user on the computer and am unable to change it so I have complete control and am able to...
  6. Unable to login to windows with Microsoft account. Says incorrect password, so I reset it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to login to windows with Microsoft account. Says incorrect password, so I reset it...: I got a new laptop. In the settings, under 'Accounts' and then 'Your Info', I am trying to do the option that says "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". When I click that link, the login popup asks me to enter the email and then I press next. Then it asks for my...
  7. Windows 10 stuck at user login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 stuck at user login screen?: I have a Surface Book 3 with Windows 10. Everything was fine yesterday, when I last used it. When I opened my laptop today, it first displayed the black loading screen with the windows icon, then cut to what would be the login screen, with my name and the white loading symbol...
  8. Why Windows keep giving option to login with Email and phone instead of local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why Windows keep giving option to login with Email and phone instead of local account?: Why Windows keep giving option to login with Email and phone instead of local account? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Note: Have to wait out the above screen in order to login with local account. Steps tried, which did not help: - Settings > accounts > Your Info > shows...
  9. Weird Outlook login/authentication behavior.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird Outlook login/authentication behavior.: Ok, so "weird" is kind of vague, so here's what's going on... Recently added a user's work email to their outlook which requires not just their email, but also their domain/user, due to how their email system is set up using just the email and pass get's a reject from the...
  10. Numlock on login

in Windows 10 Support
    Numlock on login: Several of our work computers have the same issue of having the numlock off at the login screen when booting or restarting. All computers have BIOS numlock enabled. So when the computer starts or restarts, the numlock is on, but just doesn't remain. I've also disabled...