Windows 10: Loging start/quit event

Discus and support Loging start/quit event in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, By the past, I was using gpedit to launch a wsh script to log loggin, logout time in a text file. My problem is that there's no more gpedit in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nilz, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Nilz Win User

Loging start/quit event

Hi,
    By the past, I was using gpedit to launch a wsh script to log loggin, logout time in a text file.
    My problem is that there's no more gpedit in win10.
    Is there a way to catch those events ?

:)

2. BulldogXX Win User

How is Event Online Help supposed to work?

" Is there not a listing somewhere of the Event IDs and suggested resolutions?"

I wouldn't be surprised if searching the web would help. Try using the Event ID as a search term to start.

BulldogXX, Feb 15, 2020
  3. ddelo Win User
    Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
      Code:
      Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -force
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. Loging start/quit event :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Loging start/quit event

Calender events disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How do you access Calendar? Is it through a Web Browser or an Email Client?
    • Are you referring to the default Calendar app?
    • Did you make any changes to your account before you encountered the issue?
    Nevertheless, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check whether you're able to see the events in your Account:

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue so that we can work on it to help you better.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Loging start/quit event

1. Loging start/quit event - Similar Threads - Loging start quit

2. Loging in password and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loging in password and pin: Hi. Ive recently bought a new desktop comluter running Windows 11.I want to be able to turn my computer on and it go straight to the desktop. I can remove my pin but then it requires a password. I can understand why this would be good on a laptop or tablet but no one else is...
  3. Start Button Quit Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Button Quit Working: The start button on one of my profiles recently stopped working. The search functions as well, both the search bar in the taskbar and in File Explorer. The other profile is fine. I've tried everything I could find: Logging out/in to my account, Restarting Windows Explorer;...
  4. Start Button Quit Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Button Quit Working: The start button on one of my profiles recently stopped working. The search functions as well, both the search bar in the taskbar and in File Explorer. The other profile is fine. I've tried everything I could find: Logging out/in to my account, Restarting Windows Explorer;...
  5. Start Button Quit Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Loging in issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loging in issues: I have an asus laptop, i have had it for about 4 years now with no issues, but now when I turn on the laptop, it asks me to put in a password which is fine, but my laptop will not connect to wifi, and networks dont show up. This issue only really started yesterday, and I...
  7. Windows Loging out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Loging out: every time i restart my pc almost every app/program is logged out. i am logged out of these apps all the time and it is so annying because i have 2 factor vertification -chrome -skype -battle.net but these apps keep signed in -steam -discord -spotify -windows mail...
  8. Audit Success event id 4798 loging every minute

in Windows 10 Support
    Audit Success event id 4798 loging every minute: Hello, what could be cause of this ? [img] Every minute I see this event and every minute my desktop icons blinks YouTube YouTube YouTube How can I fix this problem? 137657
  9. Trusted Microsoft Apps quitting on start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted Microsoft Apps quitting on start: All Trusted Microsoft Apps except for Netflix suddenly began crashing a few seconds after launch. These are apps like mail, calendar, photos, Minecraft win10 and others. I have tried many things. sfc /scannow resulted in corrupt files that were unable to fix. dism...
  10. Start menu has quit searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu has quit searching: I don't use Cortina, I have a search icon on the task bar, I used to hit the Windows key and start typing to search for a program, now nothing happens, clicking the search icon does nothing, is this new to windows or do I have a problem? 105395