Windows 10: Logitech 3D extreme pro blocks screen saver and power saver

Discus and support Logitech 3D extreme pro blocks screen saver and power saver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use win 10 V 2020 and as of late, I have noticed that both screen saver and power saver will not function unless I remove the Logitech 3D extreme pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Butch73, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Butch73 Win User

Logitech 3D extreme pro blocks screen saver and power saver

I use win 10 V 2020 and as of late, I have noticed that both screen saver and power saver will not function unless
    I remove the Logitech 3D extreme pro joystick.

As a work around, I've discovered that if I disable the device driver and then re enable it, the screen saver and power
    saver will work. This wasn't an issue a few Win 10 upgrades back.

I'd like to make a batch file that would disable then re-enable the USB port for my joystick.

Anyone else out there have this issue? If so, what was the fix?

I don't know what the script would read for the batch file for the workaround but it would have to disable the
    JS USB port and the enable it.

Logitech 3D extreme pro blocks screen saver and power saver Device.jpg

:)

Butch73, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Les_14 Win User

Screen saver (and Power and Sleep) doesn't activate in Windows 10

I unplugged my Logitech 3D Pro and screen saver functions returned.

Les_14, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Wingman Joystick

After Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Build 17074.rs_prelease_flt.180116-1539. My "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Wingman Joystick Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Wingman Joystick" stopped working and in the Settings it is listed as "Driver Error". While my Logitech
    Gamepad F310 is good.

Cyberdrifter, Sep 27, 2020
  4. PEZ
    Pez Win User

Screen Saver

Hi all.

I have Windows 10, 64 bit, latest updates/ build.

This past week, my screen saver won't come on.

I always have my screen saver set to come on after 1 minute of inactivity.

I've made no major hardware/ software changes to my system recently.

From some general searching I did on the 'Net, one of the culprits of interference of a screen saver not coming on is pending Windows Updates. But when I check Settings/ Updates & Security, there is nothing pending, I am up-to-date.

Another culprit can sometimes be a faulty mouse, in which the computer "thinks" it picks up movement from the mouse. I have an optical mouse, a Razer Deathadder; I checked the optical lens on the bottom, no dust or hairs blocking the view.

I even came across something saying to check your Power settings. Personally, I always have had my Power settings set to:
    Display: Never Turn Off
    Hard disc (computer to sleep): Never Off

I've done it this way for years with the screen saver coming on after 1 minute of inactivity with no problems. One of the suggestions of Power Settings is to accept Windows suggestion for it (something like 30 minutes monitor; 2 hours hard disc); it didn't help, screen saver still not coming on.

Is there a little test/ command line prompt that can be run to determine what may be interfering with the screen saver coming on?

For now, the only way I can get it to come on is after launching the screen saver interface, from the drop-down menu selecting a screen saver, then clicking on the Preview button.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thema:

1. Logitech 3D extreme pro blocks screen saver and power saver - Similar Threads - Logitech extreme pro

2. screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen saver: trying to open screen saver I installed shockwave still get this notice?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/c73a81bb-d9a3-49eb-8d0d-1ab87235b109
  3. power saver settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power saver settings: i've assigned power settings as many places as i can, saved, restarted, but screen saver STILL comes on after only 5 minutes. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saver-settings/fc0bd50a-a3ba-442d-a2f6-4912d97327ff
  4. Screen saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver: Whatever I do to Settings I've suddenly found it impossible to get a screen saver. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/f2fe8145-4578-471a-875b-75234a993fb1
  5. screen saver

screen saver: I want to put a different screen saver from Major Geeks how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/9aff87bc-cecb-4e68-8a23-d529bfb4c57c
  6. Screen Saver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen Saver: Hello, Please I use two monitors, how do I make my screen saver pictures display on both monitors instead of just one? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/37f95b40-934c-4c9d-833c-09e187d32f33
  7. Screen Saver

Screen Saver: I set up my screen saver on new Windows 10 computer. Worked the first few days, but I think since I changed the wait time, all I get is a dark screen, and I have to hit the power button on the tower to wake up the computer. How can I get it to work again ?...
  8. Power saver icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power saver icon: Hello I have a Acer Aspire ES1-571 running Windows 10. After a recent update the power saver icon can no longer be activated, Any advise please, Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saver-icon/4acaba7a-1892-453f-88fd-c298bbf041e5
  9. 3d Text Screen Saver Question

3d Text Screen Saver Question: Tried googling this, but I'm curious if there is a way to use the custom text on the 3D Text Screen saver but still add the time to it. I tried "random %time%" (without the quotes) just for giggles, but it did not work unfortunately....
  10. No screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No screen saver: I upgraded to Win10 Home yesterday and I cannot get the screensaver to do anything. It never starts no matter which one I use or what time I set it for. 13068