Windows 10: Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app

Discus and support Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having trouble with my Logitech C170 webcam - when I open Skype or the Windows Camera app, it just shows a dark/ green screen: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GiselaKwiatkowski, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my Logitech C170 webcam - when I open Skype or the Windows Camera app, it just shows a dark/

green screen:

Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app 7d78b162-280f-47e9-9373-98817bb3b3ee?upload=true.jpg

Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app 2ef1a303-653d-4610-80ca-beb6a35d97af?upload=true.jpg

When I try Facebook video call, it says "hardware access error". Using a desktop PC with Windows 10 (all latest updates installed). However, the webcam does work correctly when plugging it in to a different PC/laptop and I have installed the 'Logitech Camera Settings' app and here the image also shows correctly.

I have tried the following to resolve:

- ensured that Camera access is ON in the Settings and that apps have access permission

- ensured that webcam is showing correctly in Device Manager

- updated the driver

- uninstalled and reinstalled the driver

- checked Norton Antivirus in case it is blocking access, however I could not find any camera-related options (I have read about SafeCam tool online but I do not seem to have this in my account)

I would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks!

:)

GiselaKwiatkowski, Sep 2, 2019

2. Logitech C170 webcam Issue

Logitech webcam C170 was working nicely on my PC with Windows 10. Suddenly it stopped working. When I try to start a hangout, the camera icon keeps blinking, and cannot capture the picture. Don't understand what's happening.

SaikatRudra, Sep 2, 2019
  3. KDKnive Win User
    Logitech C170 Webcam show only blank screen and Camera error on Windows 10

Excuse me, i have this really frustrating problem and i can't seem to fix it...

First of all my Logitech C170 webcam won't show anything, just a black screen or gray screen on some app... It doesn't work on windows 7 and i tried the webcam on another computer which had a windows 10 installed and it worked... So i thought the problem
    was in the windows installation so i install windows 10 on my pc... Now, new problem came up... The windows 10 camera app won't open and show an error code: 0xA00F4271 (0x80070005)

I googled the error code but no one seems to have the same problem as mine... so, i tried to use the webcam on the logitech webcam app but again, it shows only black screen... Please help me...

KDKnive, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app

Logitech C170 Webcam AND Alienware Integrated Webcam DO NOT WORK in Windows 10

Hi Shando,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret for the inconvenience caused and we will definitely help you to resolve the issue.

This issue might occur if the webcam drivers are not updated.

To assist you better, I like to know; what error message you receive, when trying to access Webcam?

As per your query, I suggest you to download the latest Webcam driver from the manufacturer’s website and try installing it.

To download the latest driver for Logitech C170 Webcam, refer to the below link:

Getting started - Webcam C170

Download the latest for dell webcam driver from the manufacturer's website and try installing it in compatibility mode, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app

1. Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app - Similar Threads - Logitech C170 webcam

2. Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez: Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-webcam-c170-hez-keresek/b71c2a9c-124b-4302-b193-47243e2f67ee
  3. Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez: Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-webcam-c170-hez-keresek/b71c2a9c-124b-4302-b193-47243e2f67ee
  4. My Logitech C170 webcam does not work on my Windows 10 pro laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Logitech C170 webcam does not work on my Windows 10 pro laptop.: Hi all, I am trying to configure a Logitech C170 webcam on my Windows 10 pro, 20H2, OS version 19042.868. Windows is up to date. Windows does not automatically configure the webcam. In device manager the C170 webcam appears under "Other devices", not under "Video...
  5. Webcam - not working with Mircosoft Apps - teams/skype/camera

Webcam - not working with Mircosoft Apps - teams/skype/camera: I can see the camera HP Webcam HD2300 in the device manager. the software is up to date. When I open zoom settings the camera is working. However, when I make zoom calls the camera is not working. This started happening yesterday in Teams and it affects everything. I...
  6. Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera

Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera: Split from this thread. my camera is not clear on skype web cam and camera. I have tried everything. Nothing helps. wonder if its broken. There are no updated drivers to install. According to computer its working fine. Iv uninstalled it twice no difference. Iv changes the...
  7. Camera green screen

Camera green screen: My Lenovo Laptop Camera is showing a green screen. How to solve like issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-green-screen/e24dca03-7f25-4318-8d19-8b7f3ec0391e
  8. Logitech c920 Webcam not working

Logitech c920 Webcam not working: Since the updates to Windows 10 my logitech HD Pro Webcam c920 is no longer recognised by my computer.I have been through weeks of trying to find a solution and none that have been suggested have worked...
  9. Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps: So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows apps. Skype also...
  10. Logitech C170 webcam Issue

Logitech C170 webcam Issue: Logitech webcam C170 was working nicely on my PC with Windows 10. Suddenly it stopped working. When I try to start a hangout, the camera icon keeps blinking, and cannot capture the picture. Don't understand what's happening....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. logitech webcam 170 green screen

3. LOgitech webcam shows green screen

4. skype webcam shows green screen