Windows 10: Logitech C920s video will distort sporadically

Discus and support Logitech C920s video will distort sporadically in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Logitech C920s when connected to My desktop and Dell Laptop it works fine.When connected to my Leenova Thinkpad T480 the video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cle99, Jan 14, 2022.

1. cle99 Win User

Logitech C920s video will distort sporadically

I recently purchased a Logitech C920s when connected to My desktop and Dell Laptop it works fine.When connected to my Leenova Thinkpad T480 the video will work but I was start to get random video glitches where half the screen or some times the whole screen will distort the picture with a quick flash then go back to normal. I've tried updating drivers and other various items with no luck. To me this almost smells like bad video processing, but logitech says the device is fine since it works on two other computers, which is hard to dispute. Is there anything else within windows I can check to v

:)

cle99, Jan 14, 2022

2. Logitech C920 takes photos but won't record video

Yes it does, but the setting appears o.k.

Logitech C920s video will distort sporadically [​IMG]

But why does it say last access 3 days ago when I've been messing with it today?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the program folder. Where is the actual app to include in the permissions list?

- - - Updated - - -

I have added Skype to the list and now that works, but the camera app will still not record video, and Capture will not open

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all your help so far. I’m going to take a step back from this and start again.

I’ve had my present machine since March 2018.
    The Windows version is 10.0.19041.488 and it’s had Bitdefender from Day 1.

The webcam has always worked happily as a plug-and-play device without me having to download anything, and as recently as April this year it was still doing so.

A few days ago I went to use it and discovered the problem I’ve been describing – that I can take stills but not record video. Except once! Then it failed again before I could discover what made it work.

Therefore I am going to suggest to myself that I should try a system restore if I can find a suitable point to go back to.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's not going to work, as there are no restore points. On previous machines I've had restore points were set automatically if you made changes such as installing new software, but it appears this one is not set up that way.

So what next? I do have a backup on a memory stick that was supplied with the machine.

blueherring, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Systeman Win User
    Logitech c920 webcam no longer works.

I use a Logitech c920 webcam with my Dell 5567 laptop.

Setup is Windows 10 version 1709, latest.

After the latest Windows update, when I open the Logitech c920 software interface the webcam is not detected. But if I click on Quick Capture, I can see images but the webcam controls and advanced settings are no longer available. When I open up Preferences,
    the microphone setting does not function.

I've already done a complete reinstall, several times, but to no avail.

If I use Skype and select the c920, again the imaging/video works. But also cannot open the c920 webcam settings from within Skype video settings.

Is there a fix for this?

Systeman, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Logitech C920s video will distort sporadically

Logitech c920 webcam video is offset to the right in Windows 10 CU

Hi all

Since I updated my computer and reinstalled windows 10 Creators update, my Logitech c920 web cam is showing the video offset to the right both in the camera app and in skype. When I load the webcam software it shows it correctly however. I thought it might be a scaling issue but it isn't. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with no luck so far - does anyone have a similar problem or any ideas I can try?

Sad Nation, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Logitech C920s video will distort sporadically

1. Logitech C920s video will distort sporadically - Similar Threads - Logitech C920s video

2. Logitech C920s video will distort sporadically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech C920s video will distort sporadically: I recently purchased a Logitech C920s when connected to My desktop and Dell Laptop it works fine.When connected to my Leenova Thinkpad T480 the video will work but I was start to get random video glitches where half the screen or some times the whole screen will distort the...
  3. Logitech C920s video will distort sporadically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech C920s video will distort sporadically: I recently purchased a Logitech C920s when connected to My desktop and Dell Laptop it works fine.When connected to my Leenova Thinkpad T480 the video will work but I was start to get random video glitches where half the screen or some times the whole screen will distort the...
  4. Logitech c920s not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech c920s not working: Hello,I recently got a new webcam. I've tried everything to get it to work and nothing is seeming to fix it. I've...-Uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled, and removed the Logitech software and the webcam from device manager-tried 3 different usb ports-restarted my computer-...
  5. Logitech c920s not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech c920s not working: Hello,I recently got a new webcam. I've tried everything to get it to work and nothing is seeming to fix it. I've...-Uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled, and removed the Logitech software and the webcam from device manager-tried 3 different usb ports-restarted my computer-...
  6. Logitech c920s not working

7. Windows10 & Logitech C920s Pro WEBCAM issues...

Windows10 & Logitech C920s Pro WEBCAM issues...: Hello,I am having problems setting up my webcam to my pc.I went through many possible fixes that were offered online/youtube...]Although my situation seems to be the first of its case as I could not findanyone with the exact same problem... Below I will attach screen shots...
  8. Distorted video playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted video playback: hello i have a issue with windows 10 (18362.145) video playback platform related to nvidia drivers (gtx 1070). when i uninstall the driver completely, remaining windows basic video adapter, the problem is gone. i tried a lot of nvidia drivers and could not find a solution....
  9. Video Clip Distortion

Video Clip Distortion: Sudden problem on my Lenovo laptop running Widows 10. For no apparent reason downloaded video clips, and some You Tube clips are unwatchable. It appears as though a small part of the original picture is magnified to fill the entire screen. Help, please!...
  10. Online Video Distortion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Online Video Distortion: I am on Windows 10. It is not an upgrade but an HP integrated system I bought fully loaded. For the past month I have intermittent distortion of online video being stretched out of proportion. The subjects or objects in any frame are "magnified" so large that just a persons...