Windows 10: Logitech C925e Microphone not working

Discus and support Logitech C925e Microphone not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got a really weird one. I have a brand new Logitech C925e webcam that I've been using for 2 weeks now with no issues. Suddenly today, the microphone on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/abid_patel, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Logitech C925e Microphone not working

Got a really weird one. I have a brand new Logitech C925e webcam that I've been using for 2 weeks now with no issues. Suddenly today, the microphone on the camera stopped working when I was told on a Google Meet that no one could hear me. I went and checked all the usual settings and everything seemed okay. Here's the checklist:

Settings > Privacy > Microphone: Everything has access to the mic

Settings > System > Sound > Input: Set to Logitech C925e

Control Panel > Sound > Recording: Microphone is set to Logitech Webcam C925e (Default Device) and Windows reports it is working properly. (Even though it does not show the volume input registering as I talk).

I've tried unplugging the cam, rebooting the PC and then plugging it back in again. No luck

I've tried uninstalling it from Device Manager, rebooting and plugging it in again. Still no luck.

I've tried updating the drivers, but there are no drivers for it on the Logitech website and it uses the generic Windows drivers. Windows Update doesn't find an updated driver.

I would have put it down to hardware failure, however, when I connect the camera to my MacBook and set the audio recording input to the Logitech camera, it works absolutely fine.

As far as I am aware, there have been no changes to my Windows PC at all. So, any idea what could be the issue? I've plugged in another brand webcam that I own (Nulaxy C900) and it works absolutely fine.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/abid_patel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/abid_patel, Dec 28, 2020

2. Logitech G930 microphone quits after 1 second

Hi Albert,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue. We also like to apologize for the inconvenience caused for the same.

I would like to inform that the issue you are facing is an ongoing issue as the manufacturer of the device (Logitech) has not released drivers compatible with Windows 10. However as a workaround, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check

• Right click sound icon on bottom right.
    • Go to Playback Devices.
    • Open Microphone Properties.
    • Go to Effect tab.
    • Disable noise removal.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 28, 2020
  3. KenGrater Win User
    Logitech C920 webcam microphone does not seem to work

I tried all 3 methods suggested but I am still having problems. When I hit the microphone icon in Cortana, it appears that the input is not being processed. I have a HP Envy 2 in 1 with win10 installed and Cortana
    appears to work just fine with the imbedded microphone. Anyone having any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will probably try contacting Logitech support to see if they can help.

KenGrater, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Logitech C925e Microphone not working

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Logitech C925e Microphone not working

1. Logitech C925e Microphone not working - Similar Threads - Logitech C925e Microphone

2. Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working: Hi all, my Logitech Webcam C930e has suddenly lost all microphone function. Video feed works perfectly but audio does not. In Zoom and Teams, for example, a message appears saying "microphone not detected." This issue is a refinement of:...
  3. Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working: Hi all, my Logitech Webcam C930e has suddenly lost all microphone function. Video feed works perfectly but audio does not. In Zoom and Teams, for example, a message appears saying "microphone not detected." This issue is a refinement of:...
  4. Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine - Windows 10

Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine - Windows 10: This is a refinement of issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-webcam-c920-microphone-not-working-but/8f47c347-dcf9-4fb0-85d1-6da62ca98198. Recently I discovered my C920 microphone stopped working with all video conference services. I found that...
  6. Logitech Orbit/Sphere AF microphone not working in Windows 10......

Logitech Orbit/Sphere AF microphone not working in Windows 10......: I am unable to get Windows 10 Version 2004 OS Build 19041.685 to enable me to use the microphone built into the Logitech Orbit/Sphere AF webcam plugged into my USB port. The device manager shows it working properly. But is does not work in Zoom or in Skype. Nor in any...
  7. Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine

Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine: In answer to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/logitech-c920-webcam-microphone-does-not-seem-to/df1ebadf-17f4-463e-8e58-ab6d296de745 which has been locked without any meaningful reply, I want to share what helped me with...
  8. Logitech webcam microphone always on

Logitech webcam microphone always on: Hi, I have 1803 with the latest ups and the last time a couple of days ago I noticed something quite weird. A Logitech webcam is also attached as it always has been. Since the update the microphone is always on. Naturally only want it on when using it but cannot see what...
  9. Logitech microphone issue

Logitech microphone issue: Hi all. New here and hopefully someone can help me out [img] Have had a Logitech quickcam 5000 for years and years now. It is quite an old piece of hardware, but worked fine on windows 7, 64 bit. Upgraded now to windows 10, and the mic is not working for some reason....
  10. Logitech G35 Audio/Microphone Issue

Logitech G35 Audio/Microphone Issue: Ever since I've done a clean install of Windows 10, I've been having an issue whenever I run a game while Windows is using the microphone, e.g. a Skype call, Steam call, or use while streaming, the audio completely cuts out, as does the microphone. I can't hear anything and...