Windows 10: Logitech Camera failing to install drivers - AHCI issue?

Discus and support Logitech Camera failing to install drivers - AHCI issue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Having an issue with Logitech C270 cameras. We have about 15 of these we need to get working. Previously worked with Windows 7, since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fraserb82, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Fraserb82 Win User

Logitech Camera failing to install drivers - AHCI issue?

Hi all,

Having an issue with Logitech C270 cameras. We have about 15 of these we need to get working.

Previously worked with Windows 7, since upgrading to Windows 10 we can't get the drivers to work.

Getting the dreaded Code 39 error that mentions Bad Image. Tried various drivers, roll backs etc and getting no where.

I had read that AHCI could be a possible issue, but we are unfortunately in an environment where we can't switch this off.

Does anyone have experience with issues with webcams on Windows 10 or workarounds for AHCI. We have this set by group policy so even if I switch AHCI off in registry it requires restart in which case GP then enables it again (yay).

:)

Fraserb82, Jan 14, 2020

2. Issues with using Logitech Clicksmart camera in Windows 10.

Hi Sathyanarayana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is compatibility issue with the Camera device on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issue with Logitech support regarding the
      compatibility of Camera device with Windows 10?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you checked whether the Logitech camera driver is available in the Device Manager?

I suggest you to follow the methods below to uninstall and reinstall the old camera driver for Logitech camera in compatibility mode.

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7, /8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Logitech camera on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 14, 2020
  3. HeatherFa Win User
    Windows 10 Camera issues, Device Drivers

I attempted to install the driver software in compatibility mode and for one restart the drivers 'appeared' to work but the camera would not function. After other restarts and attempts I'm now able to get the audio working regularly but the camera driver
    still fails to function correctly.

Instructions from the Logitech site suggested attempting to use the generic USV (USB Video Device) driver but when I attempt to install it I get 'Access Denied" despite running on an Administrator account.

HeatherFa, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Logitech Camera failing to install drivers - AHCI issue?

Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Logitech Camera failing to install drivers - AHCI issue?

1. Logitech Camera failing to install drivers - AHCI issue? - Similar Threads - Logitech Camera failing

2. Driver installation for intel 300 series ahci

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver installation for intel 300 series ahci: Hi all,Ive been scouring the web for the past few days looking for a Intel 300 series AHCI driver.Ive mostly been using m.2, so im not sure if the AHCI driver would be necessary, but I do have a Sata SSD that I occasinally may use whenever.Device Manager has not been any...
  3. Logitech Camera Can't Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Camera Can't Install: Hi, I purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4, and can't install either of my Logitech Webcams. When I plug in the C910, it installs with an Exclamation point next to it. When I plug in another one, it comes up with installing the Webcam Pro 9000 and the exclamation point....
  4. Camera and driver issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera and driver issue?: Basically my camera randomly stopped working a couple of months ago and my latest venture to fixing it got close "I think" following a guide on youtube to uninstall and update the driver problem is I uninstalled it....and now It's just gone and I don't know how to reinstall...
  5. Logitech camera

Logitech camera: Camera will not operate. Gives error message camera being used by another app. I don't have any other apps open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-camera/37651a4a-7ef4-4855-98f7-8798901ac88a
  6. Camera driver issues

Camera driver issues: I purchased an older Lenovo Thinkpad 11e pc/tablet to use the camera. Although I have downloaded the latest driver from Lenovo, i get "bluescreened" with System Service Exception SPUVCb64sys, which led me to the driver download. It appears to be a common problem, but I'm not...
  7. AHCI Driver

AHCI Driver: Why does the Microsoft Standard AHCI driver out-perform Intel's RST AHCI driver? Case scenario; Fresh install of Windows 10 x64 on MSI Z370M gaming pro AC with I5 9600k and Samsung Pro 860 Evo 1TB SSD. Running Samsung Magician benchmarks give me Sequential Read/Write and...
  8. Logitech camera

Logitech camera: Is there a source for information how to set up a Logitech camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-camera/e14954ed-3c9f-4c75-b698-617d717f87ab
  9. Install fail! Load Driver issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install fail! Load Driver issue: I don’t know what drivers I’m missing I’ve tried installing drivers for my cpu and graphics card but none solve the issue. I have a Intel core i3 8100 coffee lake, auros gigabyte gaming 3 h370, nvidia geforce 1050 Ti with crucial 8 gb ddr4 110912
  10. Install AHCI Driver after Win 10 installation

Install AHCI Driver after Win 10 installation: Hi All. I would appreciate some help on this one. I found a spare 160GB SATA Drive on which I have decided to install a trial of Win 10 to explore it further for now. The only way that I could get this HD to be seen in the BIOS would be to change the SATA Bios setting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech c920 not detecing webcam