Windows 10: Logitech devices mouse/keyboard not working after Windows update

Discus and support Logitech devices mouse/keyboard not working after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My Logitech Master MX mouse and K780 keyboard are malfunctioning after a Windows update yesterday. The keyboard is typing weird characters and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kn_3000, Feb 13, 2021.

1. kn_3000 Win User

Logitech devices mouse/keyboard not working after Windows update

Hello,

My Logitech Master MX mouse and K780 keyboard are malfunctioning after a Windows update yesterday. The keyboard is typing weird characters and I am having trouble clicking on things using the mouse. The same thing happens when I plug the mouse/keyboard into my Mac computer.

I've tried to update the Logitech drivers and uninstall my Keyboard device, but none of that has worked.

How can I resolve this issue?

:)

kn_3000, Feb 13, 2021
  2. RamzayI Win User

Issues with the Logitech MK735 Performance keyboard and mouse under Windows 10

I have the Logitech MK735 Performance keyboard and mouse (K350 keyboard and M510 mouse). They worked fine, but then at some point the keyboard began stuttering (missing keystrokes or repeating keystrokes multiple time) and mouse would "fall asleep" and
    require extensive motions to respond.

I tried many measures suggested in similar situations in other posts. Nothing really worked.

In my devices list I have noticed that besides Logitech Unifying Receiver, Logitech HID-compliant Unifying Mouse and Logitech Wireless Keyboard K350 there is another device listed: "USB Keyboard-Mouse_V1.7". When I remove the device, my keyboard and mouse
    return to normal operation. Yet, at some point Windows add the removed device back. Just the presence of the device does not necessarily creates problems. For the most part with "USB Keyboard-Mouse_V1.7" installed my keyboard and mouse operate fine. However,
    when they start misbehaving, removing "USB Keyboard-Mouse_V1.7" fixes the problem.

I do not really know if "USB Keyboard-Mouse_V1.7" indeed interferes with Logitech drivers or if the fact that a device has been removed somehow temporarily fixes some other underlying problem. But what I know is that whenever I am having issues "USB Keyboard-Mouse_V1.7"
    is installed. I have never observed keyboard or mouse misbehavior when "USB Keyboard-Mouse_V1.7" is not installed.

Now, I have a question: how to prevent "USB Keyboard-Mouse_V1.7" from self-installation?

RamzayI, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Logitech Keyboard / Mouse MX5500 on Windows 10 64bit

Hi Corey,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What are you referring to? When you say Does the Logitech Keyboard / Mouse MX5500 on Windows 10 64bit successfully?

• From where have you installed the drivers?
    This might have occurred due to outdated/incompatible drivers.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices.

I suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Step 2: Try updating the drivers from the Device Manager.

a) Press Windows Logo + X keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on Device Manager.

c) Search for the Keyboard driver from the device list and right-click on it and select
    Update Driver Software.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of the latest driver.

Follow the above steps for mouse as well.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 13, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Logitech devices mouse/keyboard not working after Windows update - Similar Threads - Logitech devices mouse

2. Logitech mouse and Keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Logitech mouse and Keyboard issues: I've been using Logitech mice and keyboards for years and love them but the other day something strange happened. I had a Logitech Performance MX mouse that I had been using for 3-5 years I had the same mouse before that one for another 5+ years. I like them, I have had a...
  3. Logitech wireless USB mouse M185 and keyboard don't work after Windows10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech wireless USB mouse M185 and keyboard don't work after Windows10 update: And I don't want to lose mi information and applications with a restore procedure...is another way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-wireless-usb-mouse-m185-and-keyboard-dont/9e83f0f5-b1bf-4adc-9077-b08660793db2
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse not working after windows update: windows updated my system and now my USB wired keyboard and mouse is not responding. Please do not give me a fix that requires me to enter or click something. MY keyboard and mouse is not responding after update. rebooting hasn't helped. I use this computer for work and...
  5. Mouse & Keyboard Not Working After Windows Update

Mouse & Keyboard Not Working After Windows Update: After windows updates my mouse/keyboard do not work. I'm not present when windows updates because I leave my computer on over night for updates. Uninstalling the KB does not resolve the problem. Removing the drivers and replugging in the devices to let windows reinstall...
  6. Logitech wireless USB mouse M185 and keyboard don't work after Windows10 update

Logitech wireless USB mouse M185 and keyboard don't work after Windows10 update: Hi, my wireless logitech mouse M185 and keyboard K270 do not work anymore after a massive Windows10 automatic update yesterday KB4557957, 4552925, 4561600. It worked great before. Batteries, etc. are fine, I tried restart, tested dongle with different usb ports. Nothing...
  7. Keyboard and mouse not working after update

Keyboard and mouse not working after update: I updated my pc last week on friday and the next morning neither my mouse or my keyboard are working. Ive looked through many different pages on fixing it and none of them have worked. I have booted my computer into recovery mode but i cant use my keyboard or mouse so nothing...
  8. Keyboard/Mouse Logitech K720

Keyboard/Mouse Logitech K720: Windows updated on 15/9/19 on restart the keyboard was highlited as having a problem the mouse still worked fine, I tried uninstalling and attached a Microsoft keyboard/mouse, same problem, uninstalled and used an old usb mouse and keyboard, still problematical with same...
  9. mouse/keyboard not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mouse/keyboard not working after windows update: Hi I have Windows 10 Insider Preview ver 1809 build 18309, tried to install the latest build (18317) and all went ok except when the installation finished it didnt restart and I had to restart manually (update and restart from the start menu. after the reboot, the mouse...
  10. Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech Mouse

Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech Mouse: Will Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech LX3 optical Mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-and-keyboard-center-work-with/f2d5ada0-ff77-4bb2-8e05-e7c2540be7a3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech mouse and keyboard not working after windows.drivers