Windows 10: Logitech dongle keeps waking up my monitor

Discus and support Logitech dongle keeps waking up my monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently purchased a 32" monitor to replace the TV I've been using as my monitor for the last ~15 years. Normally when not using the TV I'd just turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crespoh69, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Logitech dongle keeps waking up my monitor

I recently purchased a 32" monitor to replace the TV I've been using as my monitor for the last ~15 years. Normally when not using the TV I'd just turn it off.

When I upgraded to the monitor though I realized something about my computer, something kept waking it up every few seconds. This scared me making me think the monitor turning off and on so often might lower it's lifespan. After disabling quite a few things, I've finally narrowed it down to it being my logitech dongle, not the keyboard, not the mouse but the dongle itself.

The way I went about figuring this out is by putting the dongle on an external hub with a button to turn off/on. While the USB button was off, the screen remained off.

I then turned the button on for the USB hub and turned off both keyboard and mouse on their respective power switches, after a few moments my screen came back on.

Is there any way to prevent the logitech dongle from waking up the monitor?

I've also tried powercfg -devicedisablewake for both mouse and keyboard, the dongle still wakes up the computer but only while it's powered on, unfortunately the dongle is not listed when I do powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

submitted by /u/crespoh69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/crespoh69, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Feb 20, 2021
  3. TimJ1 Win User
    Logitech Wifi Dongle not working

Hi, I have a logitech wifi dongle that i tried on my windows 7 computer which already uses a dongle. This logitech one is recognised and all good in device manager with driver search done and says "working correctly" ect, but a red cross over it down in
    the task tray and tried right click and :troubleshoot problems" but that didnt help and it says no networks available??. Removed that one and put my old dongle back on works again and all good and connected instantly again. Could this Logitech dongle be bad?
    Should they work when you plug them in? i got off another computer and thought that as its quality name, i might use it instead or keep as spare. already tried on 2 computers and diff USB sockets.

thanks

TimJ1, Feb 20, 2021
  4. LesFarkas Win User

Logitech dongle keeps waking up my monitor

PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

Thanks Prakhar for your reply.

As indicated in my post, it is the monitor, not the PC that I am having trouble keeping it in sleep mode.

I have set the monitor to sleep at one minute. When it does, it wakes immediately. Something is waking it up.

Your suggestion to untick the mouse & keyboard "Allow this device to wake the computer" did not work, however if I remove the mouse/keyboard dongle, the monitor stays asleep. I have changed batteries, removed batteries from mouse/keyboard,
    so they do not work but still the monitor wakes right-away.

Since the transceiver is in a USB 3.0 port, could this be a related problem?

Regards

Les

LesFarkas, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Logitech dongle keeps waking up my monitor

1. Logitech dongle keeps waking up my monitor - Similar Threads - Logitech dongle keeps

2. What keeps waking up my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What keeps waking up my pc?: Event viewer says "source unknown" and command prompt says "wake history count - 1".Aside from turning off literally everything, is there a way to figure out what is causing this? Nothing will tell me....
  3. monitor waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    monitor waking up: So this has been happing a for a while now. My monitor keeps waking up as if someone moved the mouse. I just built a new pc but this problem was also happening on my old pc too. Is there any way view what caused this? I checked event viewer but found nothing. The computer is...
  4. Monitor Keeps Waking Up Infinitely in Sleep Mode.

Monitor Keeps Waking Up Infinitely in Sleep Mode.: My power settings are set to turn my monitor off after 15 minutes of inactivity. When I had an RTX 2080 everything was fine. I recently upgraded to an RX 6800 XT and now I have an issue where the monitor keeps waking back up after being off for 3 seconds, which repeats...
  5. Monitor will not wake up

Monitor will not wake up: Win10 to latest update. My desktop is set to turn off display after 1 hr but the PC stays running cameras on PC. Before latest updates the display would turn off and with a wiggle of mouse, would wake up. Not anymore. I have to force shutdown of PC because it won't wake...
  6. Second monitor not waking up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not waking up: I am new in Ten. Regardless I use daily a remote machine with Windows 10 I just installed it on my own local computer a couple days ago (I had Windows 7 on it before). My PC has a dual monitor setup both plugged to the onboard adapters of my Gigabyte mobo. The main monitor...
  7. Second monitor not waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor not waking up: I am new in Ten. Regardless I use daily a remote machine with Windows 10 I just installed it on my own local computer a couple days ago (I had Windows 7 on it before). My PC has a dual monitor setup both plugged to the onboard adapters of my Gigabyte mobo. The main monitor...
  8. Second monitor not waking up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not waking up: Hi, I'm running 2 HP monitors, through DP connection, on an HP Elitedesk 800 G4, W10P 1909. This is a clean install with all updates applied. When the screens go to sleep, the secondary screen does not wake up automatically. When i go into display settings -> Multiple...
  9. Monitor won't wake up

Monitor won't wake up: Recently, I began to experience an issue where if the computer goes into sleep mode, I cannot get the monitor to wake up without restarting the whole system. I've tried multiple monitors, but they have the same issue. Also, it does not matter which connection I use, HDMI,...
  10. Monitor doesn't wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor doesn't wake up: I have a Dell 2713H monitor. When I hook it up to a Mac, it wakes up fine when waking from sleep. On my Dell laptop, I have to manually press the monitor button to get it to turn on. I have the latest driver for that monitor. From what I can see, I have also the correct...