Windows 10: Logitech F710 drivers won't work after 2004 update

Discus and support Logitech F710 drivers won't work after 2004 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] I have a Logitech F710 wireless gamepad that works both in DirectInput and XInput modes. For DirectInput it uses vendor's drivers and for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/swoy45, Apr 29, 2020.

1. /u/swoy45 Win User

Logitech F710 drivers won't work after 2004 update

Logitech F710 drivers won't work after 2004 update [​IMG]

I have a Logitech F710 wireless gamepad that works both in DirectInput and XInput modes. For DirectInput it uses vendor's drivers and for XInput mode it uses default Xbox360 controller drivers that built in Windows. Since DInput not used in games anymore I simply don't install that drivers and keeping DInput <---> XInput switch in XInput mode and everything working just fine. Sometimes (after clear Windows installing) system won't detect X360 controller drivers automatically so I just force installing them manually in Device manager. But after Windows 10 2004 update drivers won't install anymore even manually. Device icon had a yellow triangle badge if drivers won't install automatically before 2004 update but now it has a quotation mark.

Device icon now with question mark

It says 'Windows has successfully updated your drivers' but actually it's not

Drivers remain not installed although icon changed

https://preview.redd.it/hf1e6l4yqtv...bp&s=df0613afe55604f0b2e20a5fbc86d5b4b37641ec

https://preview.redd.it/j0uoq8iwqtv...bp&s=3c2af73f54f03b93dd65815d6eb285bf97d7b8f8

F710 remains under Unknown devices and in Events tab I've got 'Device not migrated' and 'Device configured (null)'. The gamepad itself working properly on another PC with 1909 build. So I don't have any idea fow to fix it.

submitted by /u/swoy45
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/swoy45, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Pinkgm Win User

Logitech gamepad f710 driver unavailable

Since the installation of the October 17 2017 upgrade I have an issue with my Logitech f710 driver. When I go to settings devices I see Logitech f710 gamepad listed however it says driver is unavailable. If I go to device manager under other devices I
    see Wireless gamepad f710 with a yellow triangle. I right click on Wireless gamepad f710 and ran scan for hardware issues, however nothing happens. I tried right clicking on Wireless gamepad f710 and ran update driver I received the message Windows could
    not find drivers for your device. I tried going to settings Windows update and receive the message your device is up to date. I tried uninstalling Logitech software then reinstalling the drivers and software directly from Logitech website. I tried rebooting
    my Asus ROG G750 laptop. Please help me with my next step as to how to get my gamepad working. please note before this upgrade I had absolutely no issues.

thanks in advance,

Glenn

Pinkgm, Apr 29, 2020
  3. NeuroHack Win User
    Problems with logitech f710 gamepad

I had the same problem. F710 was working fine then stopped working after Windows 10 updated. The same problem happened when I first used them up after buying them.

The only thing that worked for me was this link posted by Time Lady on this thread :

https://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/...710-wireless-gamepad-to-work-with-windows-10/

I only did steps 7 through 20.

You wont need to get new controllers hopefully!

NeuroHack, Apr 29, 2020
  4. J0e3gan Win User

Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 Not Working with Windows 10

After more digging, I learned in Logitech's support forums that others have this issue too, also that no one has a solution there either.

After even more digging, I found a fix, which I detailed there and below for completeness.

Microsoft Community Solution

TheTexanGamer's Microsoft Community solution to a similar issue with an Xbox 360 wireless controller and Windows 10 seems to have resolved the problem for me: Xbox 360 wireless controller not working/connecting on windows 10

I had to follow the steps outlined in TheTexanGamer's answer with the F710 in XInput mode:

Results

Screenshots of the results I got follow.

Figure 1: Windows Device Manager After Following TheTexanGamer's Steps<br/>

The Game Controllers control panel tells the rest of the story afterward.

Figure 2: Game Controllers Control Panel (joy.cpl)<br/>

Figure 3: Game Controllers > Advanced<br/>

Figure 4: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties<br/>

Figure 5: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – D-Pad Pressed Up-Left<br/>

Figure 6: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – X Button Pressed<br/>

Figure 7: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – Left Thumbstick Held Up-Left<br/>

Figure 8: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – Right Thumbstick Held Down-Right<br/>

Figure 9: Game Controllers > Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710) > Properties – LT Button Pressed<br/>

Possible Lingering Issues

• The LT and RT buttons affecting Z Axis in the Game Controllers control panel? That does not seem right to me, but maybe I am mistaken.
    • DirectInput? The above solution did not work for me until I switched the gamepad to XInput mode.

J0e3gan, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Logitech F710 drivers won't work after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Logitech F710 drivers

2. Logitech F710 wireless game pad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech F710 wireless game pad not working: My Logitech wireless game pad not working since Microsoft new version 2004 update. It was previously working fine. I want to know is there any chance from Microsoft team for resolving this issue....
  3. Logitech F710 gamepad won't install anymore since update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech F710 gamepad won't install anymore since update: Hello everyone, I've been now using Linux for over a year and decided to boot Windows once a while to play a game that is still not well supported by Wine on Linux. Now I received the latest May update and my wireless Logitech F710 is no longer being "installed" correctly....
  4. Wireless Logitech f710 not working after new updates 2004 ??????!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Logitech f710 not working after new updates 2004 ??????!!!: Shafaq Naaz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-logitech-f710-not-working-after-new/288cc6f1-67b8-4ffc-9658-5b54f7f06ded
  5. 2004 update makes Logitech F710 controller useless

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update makes Logitech F710 controller useless: As I wrote in the title, if you own this controller, don't even bother upgrading Windows. Installed the Xbox 360 controller driver via device manager, it did install, but doesn't actually work at all (no driver found). I tried all the methods, none successfully. It works in...
  6. Wireless gamepad f710 not working after windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless gamepad f710 not working after windows 2004 update: I got the windows 2004 update yesterday and now I realized that my gamepad isn't working, it has always worked fine before this and I never experienced any problems with it, even though I updated the driver many times it's still listed under "other devices" for some reason...
  7. Logitech F710 on Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech F710 on Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004: After updating to Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004, my Logitech F710 Stopped working. The workaround on installing it as Xbox Controller, which worked for the previous Windows versions does not seem to work anymore. After trying to install it as Xbox controller it stays as...
  8. Logitech F710 Win10 2004 Xbox drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech F710 Win10 2004 Xbox drivers: In Windows 10 2004, the manual upgrade of drivers doesn't work for generic controllers. This case in particular, the Logitech F710, always worked perfectly after you force any Xbox controller driver from the first Win10 version right up to 1909, however, after the 2004...
  9. Windows 2004 F710 Xbox drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2004 F710 Xbox drivers: In Windows 10 2004, the manual upgrade of drivers doesn't work for generic controllers. This case in particular, the Logitech F710, always worked perfectly after you force any Xbox controller driver from the first Win10 version right up to 1909, however, after the 2004...
  10. Problems with logitech f710 gamepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with logitech f710 gamepad: I've been having a problem with my Logitech F710 Gamepad. Windows 10 recognizes it in the control panel; printers and devices", but I can't install a driver for it. I've followed Logitech's advice many times: pulling out the wireless receiver, taking the one of the batteries...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. f710 not working on windows 2004

2. logitech f710 blinking light

3. f710 not working 2004