Windows 10: Logitech G502 Hero mouse acting erratically in Windows 10? Different mouse works fine in...

Discus and support Logitech G502 Hero mouse acting erratically in Windows 10? Different mouse works fine in... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10, Logitech G502 Hero is the mouse. Cursor will drift and jump, and then stop responding altogether after about 10 seconds. Have to unplug the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClarkJones1, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Logitech G502 Hero mouse acting erratically in Windows 10? Different mouse works fine in...

Windows 10, Logitech G502 Hero is the mouse. Cursor will drift and jump, and then stop responding altogether after about 10 seconds. Have to unplug the Logitech mouse and replug it for the cursor to respond again, giving me 5 minutes before another attack. Cursor tends to not drift on long periods with no input, but once I start moving again it will start to act up. Buttons and clicks always work fine during this time.

I've updated and reinstalled all mouse and USB drivers, tried Logitech software. Tried every USB port on my desktop, with everything else unplugged. As stated, I plugged the Logitech mouse into my macbook and it worked fine. My older broken Razer mouse also works fine on this same Windows 10 desktop. Oddly, I cannot find a mouse driver with a "Logitech" manufacturer box, so maybe Windows doesn't recognize the mouse? Logitech GHUB does recognize the mouse, so I'm out of options.

TL;DR, this mouse seems to have an issue with Windows specifically, or vice versa. Anything I can do to reset or fix it, apart from clean Windows install?

:)

ClarkJones1, Dec 10, 2020
  2. Jacob_504 Win User

G502 Hero Mouse not Working.

I have had a problem for a day now in which my mouse is malfunctioning and not working. The mouse is a G502 hero gaming mouse and the computer keeps on having a message in which it says "the last USB is not recognized on this computer." It is not working
    and keeps on connecting then disconnecting, making many irritating error noises. I have tried many methods to fix this, including unplugging the computer from the power and reconnecting it and even uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it. None of those
    worked. Prior to it malfunctioning, it was working fine until I cleaned it, making me suspicious and now I think the water must have something to do with it. The device manager also detects it and then doesn't detect it the next second, saying the USB is not
    recognized and the device descriptor request failed. I would like a response ASAP if possible. Thank you for reading and sorry if this doesn't make much sense and will gladly clarify any details.

Jacob_504, Dec 10, 2020
  3. G502 Hero Mouse not Working.

Hello,

As posted above, I am also having that same problem. Though my mouse hasn't touched water or anything, I also am getting a display message. I am currently running a Insider preview update but I am not sure if that has caused it. I also have already
    plugged it into another laptop and it works as normal. Any tips are helpful. Thanks in advance!

Jose U 1121123, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Logitech G502 Hero mouse acting erratically in Windows 10? Different mouse works fine in...

Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically

I just wanted to share a solution to a problem that I was having with both of my Wireless Logitech Keyboard/Mouse combinations. I would randomly have my wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse become erratic and either not work in the case of my keyboard or
    erratically in the case of my wireless mouse. I had this problem on both my new Dell Windows 10 and older Windows 7 computers. After much troubleshooting I discovered that there is a Logitech device driver that was causing the problem. Here is what I did
    to fix it. I don't know if this will help anyone else, but, with problems like this pretty much anything is worth a try.

1. Open "Device Manager" from the Start menu.

2. Go down almost halfway down the list on the left hand side until you find "Human Interface Devices" and then click on it

3. Look for and click on the "Logitech USB Input Device" icon

4. Click on the "Power Management" tab

5. If the check box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked uncheck it.

That fixed my problem. Hopefully, this will help someone else.

Good Luck.

John L_Nic, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Logitech G502 Hero mouse acting erratically in Windows 10? Different mouse works fine in...

1. Logitech G502 Hero mouse acting erratically in Windows 10? Different mouse works fine in... - Similar Threads - Logitech G502 Hero

2. Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game: I will try to describe my issue as best I can. Starting today, my mouse has started acting extremely erratic in any game. Before I begin, I've tried this with two different mice - a Logitech G203 Lightsync wired and a Logitech M510 wireless, Bluetooth and had identical...
  3. Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game: I will try to describe my issue as best I can. Starting today, my mouse has started acting extremely erratic in any game. Before I begin, I've tried this with two different mice - a Logitech G203 Lightsync wired and a Logitech M510 wireless, Bluetooth and had identical...
  4. My logitech g502 hero mouse crashes and delay on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My logitech g502 hero mouse crashes and delay on Windows 11: I am a user who plays and works on the computer, recently my logitech g502hero mouse showed crashes and delay when using it on the computer, I saw in several videos that I should turn off several programs but nothing solved it, I contacted them and they told me to install...
  5. My logitech g502 hero mouse crashes and delay on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My logitech g502 hero mouse crashes and delay on Windows 11: I am a user who plays and works on the computer, recently my logitech g502hero mouse showed crashes and delay when using it on the computer, I saw in several videos that I should turn off several programs but nothing solved it, I contacted them and they told me to install...
  6. Dell Inspiron mouse acting erratic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron mouse acting erratic: My system runs OK for several days and then 2 things happen: I start getting alerts from McAfee about a problem [ I don't have an account with McAfee, it came installed on the computer] and 2 The mouse control starts to go haywwire [the pointer mover eratically and sometimes...
  7. Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically

Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically: I just wanted to share a solution to a problem that I was having with both of my Wireless Logitech Keyboard/Mouse combinations. I would randomly have my wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse become erratic and either not work in the case of my keyboard or erratically in the...
  8. Mouse or keyboard acting erratically

Mouse or keyboard acting erratically: I am using the latest version of Windows 10. My computer, keyboard and mouse had been acting fine up until the last few days. Nothing that I know of in my environment has changed. When I go to type anything, specifically while on the internet, the cursor just sits there...
  9. G502 Hero Mouse not Working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    G502 Hero Mouse not Working.: I have had a problem for a day now in which my mouse is malfunctioning and not working. The mouse is a G502 hero gaming mouse and the computer keeps on having a message in which it says "the last USB is not recognized on this computer." It is not working and keeps on...
  10. Mouse Lag/Stops Working - Logitech G502

Mouse Lag/Stops Working - Logitech G502: I have a Microsoft Surface Book with Windows 10 Pro. Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90 GHz 2.11GHz RAM: 16 GB 64 bit I have a Logitech G502 mouse that keeps lagging/stops working (Before you say the mouse is the problem, I bought a brand new one when my...