Windows 10: Logitech G510 - Flash & Beep when using Volume Wheel

Discus and support Logitech G510 - Flash & Beep when using Volume Wheel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I have a Logitech G510 keyboard with a volume wheel. When using this volume wheel to change the volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AJ Ferguson, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Logitech G510 - Flash & Beep when using Volume Wheel

Hello,
    I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I have a Logitech G510 keyboard with a volume wheel. When using this volume wheel to change the volume the screen will go black for about half a second and there is a beep that can be heard through my headphones. There appears to be input lag while this is happening and I can see in task manager that the Client Server Runtime Process (csrss.exe) CPU usage goes up (Not sure if this has anything to do with the problem). This problem never happened in Windows 8.x. Any ideas?

Edit: When the screen flashes once while I'm playing Minecraft Windows 10 Edition the app crashes.

:)

AJ Ferguson, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 sound adjustment

When I'm running a video in full screen and try to adjust the volume with my logitech G510 keyboard or logitech G35 headset volume wheels, I get an annoying set of beeps and the whole screen flashes for every tick in volume change!

It sounds and acts much like changing the volume on a smart phone, and takes about one second per click in volume adjustment.

This makes a change from level 50 to 25 take about 25~30 seconds, when it should take only one or two!

This is not the issue of clicking on the slider with the mouse which has beeped since 1994, and did not happen with windows 7.

How can I turn this annoying "feature" off????????

Thank you for your time and prompt response on this new issue.

DRAGONFIRE-Sr, Jul 28, 2015
  3. [RESOLVED] Windows 10: Volume Control Triggers Screen To Flash and Speakers To Beep (BUG)

Logitech have released new drivers for the G510 two days ago, it's worth a try: Logitech Support

This problem has always been a bit intermittent so I can't say yet if it's cured it, I'll need to run them for a bit longer yet before I can decide that but no annoying beep/screen flash so far......

MickeyT2008, Jul 28, 2015
  4. teddy972 Win User

Logitech G510 - Flash & Beep when using Volume Wheel

I got the same problem, Same Keyboard btw, Updates ALL drivers.

teddy972, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Amazing, this is still an issue even after I bug reported it during the tech test back in May. Microsoft blew me off and said it was any number of random driver interactions. I do not have a fix yet. (Original report: Adjusting volume causes graphics driver crashrecovery loop - Microsoft Community )

What you are actually experiencing is the system dropping the graphics driver, recovering, then dropping it again. It will drop once for every volume step that would have been rendered by the volume HUD. This isn't an nVidia issue or Logitech issue (although it might be the way Logitech is calling the display of volume), it is purely an undocumented Windows code deprecation issue.

thecomputerdude, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Thanks for sharing some info on whats going on.

Also something I have noticed is if I move the volume wheel very slowly the problem happens less often.

AJ Ferguson, Aug 1, 2015
  7. I wish I had more insight on the issue. The only difference is I am using the G510s, however I have the exact same issue. Has anyone figured out a fix or had any luck with microsoft support on this?

LeskiStation, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Mr Obelix Win User
  9. LeskiStation, Aug 9, 2015
  10. So far this has worked for me, the video is very easy to follow and I have not been able to get the fault to occur again.
    Thank you all for your help.
    *Biggrin

LeskiStation, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Logitech G510 - Flash & Beep when using Volume Wheel

1. Logitech G510 - Flash & Beep when using Volume Wheel - Similar Threads - Logitech G510 Flash

2. Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume: How do I turn off the beeping sound when I press the volume keys when a Bluetooth device is connected? Как отключить звук пикающий при нажатии клавиш регулировки громкости при подключенном bluetooth устройстве?I try to disable all sounds in windows sounds with scheme no...
  3. Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume: How do I turn off the beeping sound when I press the volume keys when a Bluetooth device is connected? Как отключить звук пикающий при нажатии клавиш регулировки громкости при подключенном bluetooth устройстве?I try to disable all sounds in windows sounds with scheme no...
  4. Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel: One week ago I can play my MOMO wheel but now it's haven't left light I change adapter 3times [buy new 24V/1A and 24V/2A] before I play without power supply but still can play but now I can't play it's say "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" I try to fix...
  5. Logitech G27 wheel and pedals

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logitech G27 wheel and pedals: Hi, as a simulation driver I have a Logitech G27 steering wheel and pedals, which are quite old but still working fine. That was until I believe a recent upgrade from Microsoft. In fact, they were being used the day before on various sims, but the next day nothing. I'm...
  6. G510 keyboard volume wheel

G510 keyboard volume wheel: Logitech G510 keyboard volume wheel stopped working after windows 10 latest update. Do we have a fix for this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g510-keyboard-volume-wheel/78ebfe32-21b4-4a76-95ca-e788c184a04c
  7. Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel: Well, my racing wheel doesn't seem to want to work. I brought it home from school to test it out for the school auction. It worked perfectly on Farming Simulator 17 and American Truck Simulator. I brought it back after the weekend and then offered to buy it. I paid $30 for...
  8. Logitech Nacar racing wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech Nacar racing wheel: what games can i use the racing wheel with on PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-nacar-racing-wheel/cc163bb5-9ae3-45f0-9034-f79e0fffbee1
  9. Logitech G510s Keyboard - Volume Wheel causing issues

Logitech G510s Keyboard - Volume Wheel causing issues: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10130, and now when I use the volume wheel on my G510s keyboard, it causes the screen to blink, and a beeping sound every time I scroll it. Has anyone experienced this or know what I can do to fix it? 7349
  10. Logitech G510 keyboard, screen flashing with volume control.

Logitech G510 keyboard, screen flashing with volume control.: For anyone that has a Logitech G510 keyboard and has the screen flashing problem when using the volume control on the keyboard, seeing as Logitech seems loath to fix it you can fix it your self with the following (not my video), Fix for G510 Windows 10 Volume Flashing...