Windows 10: Logitech G510 keyboard driver issue with Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support Logitech G510 keyboard driver issue with Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have a Surface Book 3, with Windows 10, 20H2 feature update, and a Logitech G510 keyboard. I just wanted to get advice on the best way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidEggins, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Logitech G510 keyboard driver issue with Windows 10 20H2

Hello

I have a Surface Book 3, with Windows 10, 20H2 feature update, and a Logitech G510 keyboard.

I just wanted to get advice on the best way to get this keyboard working with Windows 10. I installed the Logitech Gaming Software 9.02.65 64 bit, which is the latest software with driver for this keyboard. Note that the laptop was at 1909 feature version when I installed that.

As it stands, the driver is reported in error.

Logitech G510 keyboard driver issue with Windows 10 20H2 17ef1c54-f39a-492f-9e6c-0646999b4403?upload=true.png

Logitech G510 keyboard driver issue with Windows 10 20H2 c4469916-59dd-4d59-b89c-5ad3dc2de4c6?upload=true.png Logitech G510 keyboard driver issue with Windows 10 20H2 6b6470f4-8535-4318-933b-cec6ccb8ff69?upload=true.png

There are no later drivers from Logitech, and I am not sure they will be forthcoming, although I have submitted a request.

Where this leaves me is that the keyboard works fine as a standard keyboard. The driver does allow the little LCD screen to work, and it does allow the programmable G keys, but only if I set them to run executables. The option to set a programmable G key to send keystrokes as a macro is not working at all any more. Also, the volume scroll wheel does not work, and the media buttons do not work. I would like to get these working with Win 10 if possible.

The question is, what can I do to fix this issue? The keyboard was a great productivity tool, but, without the option to program the keystroke macros, it is not any use as an extended keyboard.

Further to this, on an older Surface Book 2, playing around with it, it seems that I can get the keyboard driver FULLY working, with G key macros, volume scroll, no driver issue, media keys working, by turning off Memory Integrity in Core Isolation in Windows Security. It was a very difficult task to even turn the memory Integrity off, and I would rather not do this to the Surface Book 3.

Is this keyboard a lost cause? Can it work again?

Cheers

David

:)

DavidEggins, Nov 29, 2020

2. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Nov 29, 2020
  3. stormy13 Win User
    Logitech G510 keyboard, screen flashing with volume control.

For anyone that has a Logitech G510 keyboard and has the screen flashing problem when using the volume control on the keyboard, seeing as Logitech seems loath to fix it you can fix it your self with the following (not my video),

Start with getting AutoHotKey,

AutoHotkey: macro and automation Windows scripting language

and creating a script as shown in the Youtube link,

Code:
    Code:
    #MaxHotKeysPerInterval 400  /* Created August 2 2015 by Lucid Dreams for Logitech G510 Volume Slider Monitor Flash Issue */  SC130:: Send {Volume_Up 1} SC12E:: Send {Volume_Down 1}
    and running the script. Once done no more screen flashing with the volume control.

Credit to Lucid-Dreams. Original thread here,

Fix for G510 Windows 10 Volume Flashing Monitor! :... - Logitech Forums

stormy13, Nov 29, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Logitech G510 keyboard driver issue with Windows 10 20H2

Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

I'm running two Wireless keyboards and have none of the issues the OP is complaining about. My main system is using the Logitech Craft (wireless) with the Options software and all is good. This is under Windows 10 Prox64, 20H2.

My backup system is using a Logitech Wave (wireless) keyboard using the Logitech Setpoint software under Windows 10 Education, 2004 is also running without issue.

Suggest the OP remove/reinstall either the Options or Setpoint (whichever is applicable) software and go from there.

And the reason you wouldn't want to install the wireless dongle in the back of the PC's USB ports is it creates a signal blocking situation. Thus the reason for the "USB extender cable, then position it close to and in line-of-sight of the keyboard". Yeah, nothing new there. In fact that fix goes back some years where it was pushed by Logitech.

That said, my dongle is connected via USB cable extension and sits on my desk within line of site of both keyboard and mouse. In fact the extension cable comes with the keyboards.

The keyboard does come with a software package that you should be using, especially the unifying software.....

Product page - Wireless Keyboard K270 Full-size, Unifying wireless - read "Connect with ease"

Peace *Cool

sygnus21, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Logitech G510 keyboard driver issue with Windows 10 20H2

1. Logitech G510 keyboard driver issue with Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - Logitech G510 keyboard

2. Logitech keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech keyboard issue: Hi,I have a wireless Logitech K330 keyboard that has worked fine. Lately it sometimes delays for a few seconds before splashing out all the input letters. Like it is disconnected, no response from keys, but it clearly remembers what I type, since it types it after a few...
  3. Logitech keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech keyboard issue: Hi,I have a wireless Logitech K330 keyboard that has worked fine. Lately it sometimes delays for a few seconds before splashing out all the input letters. Like it is disconnected, no response from keys, but it clearly remembers what I type, since it types it after a few...
  4. Logitech keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 - keyboard drivers issue:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 - keyboard drivers issue:: Hey, I installed the 20H2 Windows Feature update yesterday heard it's good for gaming performance! but after updating, the keyboard on my laptop has stopped working. I tried the common troubleshooting fixes for keyboards. I ran Windows update again in case hotfixes or new...
  6. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2): Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions,...
  7. G510 keyboard volume wheel

G510 keyboard volume wheel: Logitech G510 keyboard volume wheel stopped working after windows 10 latest update. Do we have a fix for this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g510-keyboard-volume-wheel/78ebfe32-21b4-4a76-95ca-e788c184a04c
  8. Logitech Keyboard issues

Logitech Keyboard issues: I recently bought a logitech G413 keyboard. If it is plugged in the pc will not boot, it just hangs at the motherboard spash screen indefinately. If I unplug it and wait until the splash screen is gone, it boots up fine. I just updated to windows 10 (v 1909) and the...
  9. Logitech G510 - Flash & Beep when using Volume Wheel

Logitech G510 - Flash & Beep when using Volume Wheel: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I have a Logitech G510 keyboard with a volume wheel. When using this volume wheel to change the volume the screen will go black for about half a second and there is a beep that can be heard through my headphones. There appears to...
  10. Logitech G510 keyboard, screen flashing with volume control.

Logitech G510 keyboard, screen flashing with volume control.: For anyone that has a Logitech G510 keyboard and has the screen flashing problem when using the volume control on the keyboard, seeing as Logitech seems loath to fix it you can fix it your self with the following (not my video), Fix for G510 Windows 10 Volume Flashing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot