Windows 10: Logitech K270 wireless keyboard - can't type letters

Discus and support Logitech K270 wireless keyboard - can't type letters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a wireless keyboard and mouse wirelessly connected via a Logitech USB unifying receiver. The mouse works fine, and strangely the hot keys on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by karma mechanic, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Logitech K270 wireless keyboard - can't type letters

This is a wireless keyboard and mouse wirelessly connected via a Logitech USB unifying receiver.
    The mouse works fine, and strangely the hot keys on the keyboard (mail, calculator, sleep etc) work fine.
    However, after booting into W10 the normal keys on the keyboard have no effect at all, other than the hot keys.
    Taking the batteries out of the keyboard and reinserting doesn't help.
    Pulling the USB receiver and reinserting it fixes the problem and the keyboard behaves perfectly normally thereafter.

I've updated the Logitech drivers to the latest.

In the config dialog for the keyboard it has an option where you can see what device is active by moving the mouse or typing, and typing on the keyboard makes the activity marker come on, so the dialog is certainly getting something.

So, the keyboard is connected, Device Manager shows everything fine, just no actual letter and function keys are seen by Windows. Apart from the hot keys...

Keyboard definition is correct language and layout.

What am I missing?

:)

karma mechanic, Jul 31, 2015

2. Compatibility Windows 10 and Logitech Wireless Keyboard

I am on my third Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse (courtesy of Logitech) since I got a new computer with Windows 7 and immediately upgraded to Windows 10. I have no end of problems with letters and numbers I've typed not showing up on a document,
    or letters/numbers missing in a string after 10 seconds of typing, or letters double typing. If I use the keyboard and mouse on a Windows 7 computer, I have no such problems. Help! Is there a basic incompatibility between the Logitech wireless keyboard
    and Windows 10? Logitech has given up on me.

JKR Microsoft, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Wiresmith Win User
    Intermittent problems with wireless keyboard -- Windows 10

Problems: Failure to perform: No response of keyboard at all; delayed response resulting in partially typed words; no response to delete highlighted words.

USB wireless keyboard and mouse.

HP Keyboard "Sydney Wireless Keyboard RF 2.4". Mouse/ Dongle. New out of the box products. Incapable of accurately producing input at normal rate of speed. HP warranty to replace. Only typed gobbledygook. Awful.

Logitech Keyboard K270. Mouse M185. Installed latest driver from Logitech, W-10 compatible. Wireless. Previously successfully used with Windows 7. Response improved, but still cannot type on certain websites, for example NYTimes comment section, NYTimes
    Sudoku, Facebook. Delayed response or delayed response with first letters missing. No gobbledygook.

The mouse has intermittent problems as well.

I want the mouse and keyboard to respond so I can type at a normal speed. I want to be able to click just once for a response.

New HP Envy pc with Windows 8.1 pro. Immediately upgraded to Windows 10 pro.

Not Bluetooth.

Wiresmith, Jul 31, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Logitech K270 wireless keyboard - can't type letters

Hi there

try the simplest thing first -- is the keyboard charged up - batteries OK (if you've got the solar keyboard will indicate GREEN if it's OK or Red if it isn't charged).

Otherwise unplug the whole kybosh, re-boot your system and then plug in again and see if it works -- alternatively download the software again.

BTW try plugging the keyboard into a USB port directly without using the Unifying piece. of hardware That will tell you if the keyboard works.

The problem might be in the Unifying piece of software.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Thanks jimbo - I've tried the following things:
    Pulling and re-inserting the USB dongle always fixes it. There is no lead so I can't try it directly. I've unpaired the device from the dongle and re-paired, hot keys (top row) work but no other keys.
    Batteries show full according to the software.

I've just put the dongle into a USB3 socket and rebooted and it is fine, but using other USB2 sockets gives the original problem until reinserted.

Strange that it is only non-hot keys that are ignored, keys like volume up/down work perfectly and still have the on-screen symbols when pressed, so it is (mostly) communicating fine.

I'll just try a few more things but if leaving it in a USB3 socket works then I'll probably take the line of least resistance...

**Edited to add**
    Booting without the dongle and then inserting it in a USB2 socket gave me a working keyboard.
    Re-booting with it still in USB2 then gave me a keyboard without letters until I pulled/reinserted the dongle. The mouse uses the same dongle and is always fine.

Rebooting with it in a USB3 socket gives me a working keyboard every time. Very odd, I'll come back to this when I've got more time...

karma mechanic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Logitech K270 wireless keyboard - can't type letters

1. Logitech K270 wireless keyboard - can't type letters - Similar Threads - Logitech K270 wireless

2. Microsoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and...: Have a msoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and spaces as i type. not all the time, sparoooooooodic behaviour see like this?...
  3. Microsoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and...: Have a msoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and spaces as i type. not all the time, sparoooooooodic behaviour see like this?...
  4. Microsoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. K270 Logitech keyboard not working.

K270 Logitech keyboard not working.: So I have a K270 Logitech keyboard that came with an M325 mouse and a unifying receiver. To clarify, I got this set new and took them out of the box together. When I first got them they worked brilliantly, no issues at all. I got them for working remotely. When I was laid off...
  6. Keyboard typing extra letters

Keyboard typing extra letters: I've got a Lenovo e300 2nd gen running on Windows 10 Pro Education. An entire section of the keyboard is malfunctioning. When I press the 8 key in the top row, it types 13247890. When I push the i key, it types qewruiop. When I push the k key, it types adsfjkl;\. You'll...
  7. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2): Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions,...
  8. Can't get Logitech K270 keyboard to work

Can't get Logitech K270 keyboard to work: I have a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard that I found along with a Logitech wireless mouse. The mouse has a unifying receiver. I plugged the receiver into a desktop computer and ran the Logitech firmware update, but only the mouse works. I made sure I had both devices turned...
  9. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing Random Letters: Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and...
  10. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

Keyboard is typing the wrong letters: My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them. s key types an i q key types a s e key types a m Same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some letters dont type on logitech solar mk750

2. Logitech K270 wireless keyboard - cant type letters

3. logitech k270 types stmbols not letters