Windows 10: Logitech Key Assignment Not Working (UAC is ON)

Discus and support Logitech Key Assignment Not Working (UAC is ON) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi... Just updated my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Am currently testing our applications before we upgrade the rest of our PCs to Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DaveNvro, Aug 12, 2015.

1. DaveNvro Win User

Logitech Key Assignment Not Working (UAC is ON)

Hi...

Just updated my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Am currently testing our applications before we upgrade the rest of our PCs to Windows.

One of my concern with Windows 10 is the Mail client won't run unless the User Account Control is turned on. When I turn this on, my Logitech Key Assignment is not functioning. We have assigned F12 to one of the buttons of Logitech mouse. We have no problem with this when I was still in Windows 7. Had downloaded the latest SetPoint for Logitech and it was not able to resolve the concern.

When I turned off the User Account Control, the Logitech Key Assignment is working but I am not able to open the Mail application.

User Account Control=ON (Mail is working; Logitech Key Assignment not working)
    User Account Control=OFF (Mail is not working; Logitech Key Assignment working)
    Since Windows 10 is still new, am not able to find any solution from net to resolve my concern. Would like to request for any assistance on how to resolve this.

Thanks.

:)

DaveNvro, Aug 12, 2015
  2. ezed9 Win User

uac keyboard

Answers:

I am not getting any error messages unless you consider the UAC warning ("App can change...") an error message.

This is a almost-new PC (3-mo.) received with Win-10 installed. Replaced the USB-wired mouse and keyboard with Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard with a "Unifying dongle". Device Mgr. reports HID Keyboard Device on Logitech USB Input Device is working
    properly.

Issue happens unpredictably; on average, 1/week.

Odd that the UAC-popup warning also appears at same time. If I click "no" to the UAC warning, the app will not load.

ezed9, Aug 12, 2015
  3. How to COMPLETELY disable windows automatically resizing & snaping: W10, W7

Snap does not really cause a problem unless you are playing a game. The fix that I found was: If you have a Logitech mouse or a mouse that has the multiple buttons. The issue might be with how the mouse buttons are pre-assigned. My mouse is a Logitech
    M705 and it has a right thumb button that is very sensitive but not a "obvious" click. When I was playing a game I would shoot with the left mouse and aim with the right mouse. However I didn't figure out that I was actually squeezing the mouse and activating
    the "other" click feature on this mouse. By default it is set at "switch application" or something like that. I disabled the key in the Logitech mouse/keyboard settings and the games work perfectly.

LindseyHill, Aug 12, 2015
  4. DaveNvro Win User

Already resolved.

Just noticed that SetPoint is not being loaded on StartUp when User Account Control is ON.

Added a *.bat file in the startup to load the SetPoint.

DaveNvro, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Logitech Key Assignment Not Working (UAC is ON) - Similar Threads - Logitech Key Assignment

2. Keyboard Keys Re-assignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Keys Re-assignment: How do I re-assign keyboard keys in settings? None of the keyboard menus answer this question. The keys I want to re-assign are the @ key and " key, which are currently swapped, and the hash key, which produces a £ sign....
  3. Keyboard Keys Re-assignment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Keys Re-assignment: How do I re-assign keyboard keys in settings? None of the keyboard menus answer this question. The keys I want to re-assign are the @ key and " key, which are currently swapped, and the hash key, which produces a £ sign....
  4. change key assignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change key assignment: When I was sitting at my laptop in the evening, the windows button worked fine, and then it stopped, now the button does not open the menu but pauses the video or music, I looked at a lot of tips but none helped...
  5. change key assignment

change key assignment: When I was sitting at my laptop in the evening, the windows button worked fine, and then it stopped, now the button does not open the menu but pauses the video or music, I looked at a lot of tips but none helped...
  6. Logitech c920s not working

Logitech c920s not working: Hello,I recently got a new webcam. I've tried everything to get it to work and nothing is seeming to fix it. I've...-Uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled, and removed the Logitech software and the webcam from device manager-tried 3 different usb ports-restarted my computer-...
  7. Re-assigning a Windows 10 Pro key is not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-assigning a Windows 10 Pro key is not working: I am replacing a workstation with a Surface Pro. The workstation is running Windows 10 Pro, the Surface has Windows 10 Home. I removed the Pro product key from the workstation and applied it to the Surface. I get a message that indicates the activation was successful,...
  8. how to assign the function keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to assign the function keys: How do I assign the function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-assign-the-function-keys/be4471e2-dc08-43cf-a6df-67e985e30a7c
  9. Software to assign function keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Software to assign function keys?: I would like to make function keys to mute, volume up, and volume down. How can this be done? Are there hot keys or shortcuts to do this? Or is there software that can assign these to function keys? 58791
  10. Fn key not working on all Function keys after Update; way to assign?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fn key not working on all Function keys after Update; way to assign?: Following the latest 10 update today my Samsung laptop has lost 'Fn + Function key' control of brightness, screen switching, and wifi on/off. It still has all the volumes and print screen working. The update deleted Samsung Easy Settings, which won't re-install because of the...