Windows 10: Logitech M570 Trackball Issues

Discus and support Logitech M570 Trackball Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I'm sure many of you are familiar with this trackball mouse. Now when i first got this mouse a while back, it took a while to get used to as oppose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulyjustin, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Logitech M570 Trackball Issues

So I'm sure many of you are familiar with this trackball mouse. Now when i first got this mouse a while back, it took a while to get used to as oppose to a regular mouse. Also because i have 2 monitors and move my mouse a lot, the trackball is much easier to use then the regular wireless mouse.

This is I believe my 3rd logitech m570 trackball mouse. The first one a while back i used it for maybe 5 months or so, it had issues clicking. Where the left click or right click didn't work and basically impossible to use. So i bought the same mouse off amazon again. Of course, it works great at beginning, but months later... this might been more than 6 months... the same exact issue. I think it had issues earlier than that but i just kept using it. You had to click on a specific part of the left click in order for it to work... basically it was hard to use.

Now i bought the same mouse a 3rd time... now just a bit over 3 months... I'm getting some issue where it doesn't work when the battery light signal shows green... it basically blinks green for a bit... then repeats... over and over again. But sometimes after a while, the light goes away and then it works. But minutes later... mouse stops working and when i look at it... same blinking green light. To anyone who has this mouse, green light usually shows up when you take out battery and put in new battery and it shows green light which means it has battery. When its red light showing, means you need new battery.

Now i have a lot of new batteries so that isn't the issue. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this issue with this mouse? I did read about how few people say it should work for 18 months etc... but all 3 mouses.... it has lasted 5 months.. maybe 6 months... and this one is 3 months.... but this mouse is the first one where it has that green light issue. Is there a way to reset the mouse somehow? All I do is remove battery, put it back etc with new one etc.

Now I do have to say, I'm a heavy computer user... Im on the computer at least 12 hours a day almost so there is a lot of wear and tear so to speak. But is there some bug/malfunction with it that makes it like this? Also anyone who this exact issue with this mouse can offer input?

:)

paulyjustin, Feb 13, 2021

2. Logitech M570 Trackball Wireless Mouse Right Clicking?

Okay haven't use the logitech m570 in a while and tried to connect it to my chromebook. Same issue. You can use it for a short while... then say you open a few chrome tabs on a chrome window. Thus imagine im on this page. Then i right click and open a few more tabs. When i bring my mouse to click on those tabs... i cannot click on it. But not only that... my touchpad does not click on it either. You cant click on it. But i could however close those other tabs i just opened. However, the moment i unplug the usb from my chromebook, immediately i can click on things using my chromebook trackpad to click on things.

So is this a software issue or the mouse itself or both? I had other logitech mouses go bad with the clicking issue such as not being able to left or right click that well or it clicking like crazy, but my touchpad on the computer would work though.

Why is it the moment i unconnect the usb to the trackball m570, i can click with my touchpad without any issue?

paulyjustin, Feb 13, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Logitech Unveils New Wireless Trackball

Today Logitech unveiled the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570, delivering a different level of comfort and control. If you’re searching for an alternative to touchpads or traditional mice, the Wireless Trackball M570 is uniquely designed for all-day comfort and features the leave-in Logitech Unifying receiver.

“Based on overwhelming demand from our dedicated trackball users, we’re delighted to announce the introduction of a new wireless trackball – the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570,” said Rory Dooley, senior vice president and general manager of Logitech’s control devices business unit. “Everything about our newest trackball is built to improve the experience and give trackball enthusiasts the comfort and control they deserve.”

Logitech M570 Trackball Issues 104a_thm.png

Logitech M570 Trackball Issues 104b_thm.jpg

For those who haven’t tried a trackball, one of the many benefits is that it stays put – you don’t have to move your arm to move your cursor. As a result, it’s a great space saver if you have a small or cluttered desk and, unlike a traditional mouse, you can keep your arm stationary. Plus, the sculpted shape supports your hand comfortably all day long.

The Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 also delivers precise cursor control wherever you want so hard tables, comfy sofas and lumpy beds are all no problem. The laser tracking sensor uses the ball, rather than a surface, to guide movement – so you can use it almost anywhere.

Logitech’s newest trackball also has a convenient scroll wheel and easy-to-reach Back/Forward buttons that make computing simple, whether you’re surfing the Web with your laptop or desktop computer, or watching shows on your home-theater PC.

For your convenience, the Wireless Trackball M570 uses the tiny Logitech Unifying wireless receiver. It stays in your laptop, so there’s no need to unplug it when you move around, and the advanced 2.4 GHz wireless means a robust connection with no dropouts from up to 30 feet away. Plus, you can easily add a compatible keyboard, number pad or additional mouse to the same receiver so you don’t fill up all your USB ports. To reduce the hassle of changing batteries, you can go for up to 18 months without replacing the included AA battery – and the convenient battery indicator ensures that you’ll never be caught off guard. (Battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions.)

The Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in September for a suggested retail price of $59.99 (U.S.). For more information please visit this page.

btarunr, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Logitech M570 Trackball Issues

Trackball recommendation

Let me apologize - Its actually a M570, link here -> Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Designed for Comfort & Long Battery-Life

PS: By 1970 we also got one of those S/370 145. It also was a good machine.

storageman, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Logitech M570 Trackball Issues

1. Logitech M570 Trackball Issues - Similar Threads - Logitech M570 Trackball

2. Logitech M570 Mouse not working. Turns on, but no longer picked up by receiver. Receiver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech M570 Mouse not working. Turns on, but no longer picked up by receiver. Receiver...: My hypothesis is that the component that sends out a signal to the unifying receiver is broken. I have no experience working with electronics, so I don't know what that is.Can you help me identify which one on the circuit diagram is this particular component? Thank you....
  3. Logitech M570 Mouse not working. Turns on, but no longer picked up by receiver. Receiver...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech M570 Mouse not working. Turns on, but no longer picked up by receiver. Receiver...: My hypothesis is that the component that sends out a signal to the unifying receiver is broken. I have no experience working with electronics, so I don't know what that is.Can you help me identify which one on the circuit diagram is this particular component? Thank you....
  4. Help with connecting Logitech M570 mouse with MS Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with connecting Logitech M570 mouse with MS Surface Pro 6?: I have an HP750 and a MS Surface Pro 6, both with latest Windows 10, and I'm using two Logitech mice, M570 and M720, along with a unifying USB (from the 720) connected to the Surface. I'm also using Options between the two computers; and obviously, only can use the 720 for...
  5. Help with connecting Logitech M570 mouse with MS Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with connecting Logitech M570 mouse with MS Surface Pro 6?: I have an HP750 and a MS Surface Pro 6, both with latest Windows 10, and I'm using two Logitech mice, M570 and M720, along with a unifying USB (from the 720) connected to the Surface. I'm also using Options between the two computers; and obviously, only can use the 720 for...
  6. Logitech M570 Issue after upgrade to Windows 10, Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logitech M570 Issue after upgrade to Windows 10, Version 2004: Windows Update installed the version 2004 on my laptop. After completion, my Logitech M570 mouse stopped responding properly when trying to move the cursor. It was either very slow, lagged, or didn't move at all. So I rolled back to version 1909 to get my mouse working...
  7. Logi m570 trackball , accelleration lost when switching power plans

Logi m570 trackball , accelleration lost when switching power plans: Recently tried switching back and forth between AMD balanced and Power Saver plans. No problem there But getting a secondary issue , that surprises me. The mouse loses its acceleration when switching, and only a reset of the wireless USB (removing and reinserting) resets the...
  8. Logitech M570 Trackball Wireless Mouse Right Clicking?

Logitech M570 Trackball Wireless Mouse Right Clicking?: I'm sure some of you have used this mouse before. Its great because trackball means you don't have to move around with your wireless mouse. Recently, i notice it kept right clicking. At first i thought this was my laptop issue, but then when i turned off the power button to...
  9. Logitech M570 Trackball Wireless Mouse Right Clicking?

in Windows 10 Support
    Logitech M570 Trackball Wireless Mouse Right Clicking?: I'm sure some of you have used this mouse before. Its great because trackball means you don't have to move around with your wireless mouse. Recently, i notice it kept right clicking. At first i thought this was my laptop issue, but then when i turned off the power button to...
  10. Getting Logitech M570 to function with Logitech Options?

Getting Logitech M570 to function with Logitech Options?: I originally posted this problem (One Logitech Setpoint for two different Logitech mice? - Windows 10 Forums), but as I feel there's a new twist, it would be best to start a new thread. Both my mice (M570 and M720) have the Logitech unifying mark on them, and there is a...