Windows 10: Logitech MK550 help needed.

Discus and support Logitech MK550 help needed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bought this combo (wireless keyboard and mouse) from Sam's Club, Logitech MK550, it didn't work. Exchanged for another one, it doesn't work either.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Learner99, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Learner99 Win User

Logitech MK550 help needed.

Bought this combo (wireless keyboard and mouse) from Sam's Club, Logitech MK550, it didn't work.
    Exchanged for another one, it doesn't work either. Batteries were checked OK, both mouse and keyboard were turned on.
    Tried: Different ports. Different computers. Move the Unifying receiver very close to the mouse & keyboard. None worked.
    This is a Laser Mouse.
    Found that the LED light at the bottom of the mouse is not lit - not sure if that's normal.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

*** Logitech has no phone # providing support. No chat support either.

*** They have only email support, I sent them an email describing the problems and what I have tried.
    *** The automated response was they will get back to me in TWO days. Oh My.

:)

Learner99, Aug 16, 2015
  2. skip3119 Win User

Logitech mouse M510 not working with Windows 10.

I just bought a Logitech MK550 Combo: Logitech K350 wireless keyboard + Logitech M510 wireless mouse.

The wireless keyboard works, but the wireless mouse does not.

(Win 10) In the Device Manager section (mice), I can see the entry "Logitech HID - Compliant Unifying mouse."

When clicking on the properties, it says "The device is working properly."

Actually the device (wireless mouse) is NOT working - when I move the mouse, the mouse pointer does not move.

Weird stuff, isn't it?

Any help? Thanks.

skip3119, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Logitech Keyboard / Mouse MX5500 on Windows 10 64bit

Yes, the
    Logitech® Wireless Wave Combo MK550
    does not seem fully compatible with Windows OS 64bit machine.

As I said before, I could be typing and looooooooooooooooooooook up see this. I then have to press the back button to delete and usually the space button to make to stop. I would usually highlight this with the mouse, but it is so jittery, making it move
    and to the right point is nearly impossibly.

As you look at the technical specs: Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 - seems that even Windows® XP which is not supported by Microsoft is supported by the

Logitech® Wireless Wave Combo MK550.
    And even though Windows® not completely supported Windows Vista® completely, Logitech hangs in there

There have been a lot of issues. It took me a couple of weeks to prove to
    Office365
    that when submitting a trouble ticket in Microsoft Edge and sometimes Explorer 11 will not work until it asks you for a phone number.

Now their Support page wants me down download / install
    SetPoint
    . but this program has not helped.

Cordless Desktop® MX™ 5500 Revolution basically says no drivers needed.

Description
    Software / Apps Required
    Connectivity

No software or App is needed to use this product

I have to disagree that something needs to be done. It says it has a three year warranty. I never throw anything away, I usually scan it but I have to start to put them in an order - most everything else is.

I have gone thru the device manager to scan for drivers for the Logitech MX550 keyboard and mouse, but I will do it your way, through the CP I have no idea which one is better. That is usually one of the first steps I take. There are some tiny code changes
    and hopefully the right teams will share their information - they need to know.

The options found nothing to do with the Logitech MX550 keyboard and mouse unfortunately. Been trying to sign into their domain, but I don't have my password.

Corey Ray Bryant, Aug 16, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi,

What is listed in the Device Manager for your Mouse and keyboard? (screenshot would be good) *Biggrin

May not make any difference, but have you tried using the Logitech Unifying software to link your products (win10 version)?

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Carsomyr Win User
    Carsomyr, Aug 16, 2015
  6. Learner99 Win User
    =================
    Thanks for trying to help. When Logitech MK550 is attached, neither mouse nor keyboard works - so I can not take a look at the Device Manager. Disconnected the MK550, and reconnected the HP keyboard and mouse - the Device Manager now say: HID keyboard device and HID compliant mouse. (I don't know what HID stands for or its meaning.)

After I find out where to download the unifying software, I'll give it a shot.

Does the LED light at the bottom of your mouse lit?

Learner99, Aug 16, 2015
  7. Carsomyr Win User
    I put the link to the unifying software download in this post Logitech MK550 help needed. :p

Carsomyr, Aug 16, 2015
  8. Learner99 Win User

Thank you very much to those trying to help, it is very kind of you.
    I reconnected the HP keyboard and mouse, and downloaded/installed the Unifying software.
    Turned off the computer, then connected the MK550, then turn on the computer - well it still is not working.

When click the right mouse button, a small popup window showed up "sort by, view, etc", but the mouse pointer won't move.
    Then press the "Esc" on the keyboard, that popup window is gone. Beyond that nothing works.

It looks like that the mouse and keyboard have some sort (or limited) communications with the computer.
    (Prior to install the Unifying software, it had that same limited communications too.)

Thanks. MK550 is still not working.

Learner99, Aug 16, 2015
  9. WhyMe Win User
    HID stands for Human Interface Devices, such as a mouse, keyboard, game controller, remote control etc.

Anyhow, your Logitech mouse & keyboard are displayed differently to my Device Manager entries. Here, take a look:

Logitech MK550 help needed. [​IMG]

You see, I've got extra Logitech entries for both the mouse and keyboard plus another few under Human Interface Devices too.[/QUOTE]

If that doesn't work then you may as well install the whole software package. The Setpoint software includes the unifying app. Can't see that making any difference but it's only a couple of minutes. Not even enough time to boil an egg lol

I don't know. I've got a Logitech MK Desktop but it's a different type and doesn't detect movement using a light.

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    I was a bit slow making the above post, sorry. You'd already done the unifying bit. May as well try setpoint too for what it's worth.

Just had another idea too! Something else to check:

Your motherboard inside the Dell. Where did you get the USB drivers from? Are you sure they are the latest for the chipset? Maybe intel or whomever made that usb controller will have an updated.

Edit: Hold on a minute. Just read your first post again....Did you say 'different computers'?....Does that mean you've tried two different Logitech Desktop Packages in a few different pcs and they still don't work??? Are they all Win10 upgrades?

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  11. Learner99 Win User
    ======
    Thank you very much for your time trying to help. Will download and install the setpoint to try it out later.

This computer is a HP Pavilion, clean installed the Windows 10. I tried the MK550 on another PC (Dell) with Windows XP, not working either. Probably same thing happened to both PC - keyboard & Mouse both have some kind communications with the computer (e.g. Right click the mouse, a popup screen showed up. Press "Esc" on the keyboard, the popup screen is gone).
    The problem is that the mouse pointer doesn't move when I move the mouse.
    ===================================================
    Sam's Club has a great price on Logitech MK550, $39.74 (before tax). MK550 Combo: Has K350 keyboard and M510 mouse.
    Here is what I have done: I turned off the MK550's mouse (it is M510) connected the old HP wired mouse. (Unifying Receiver is left in the USB port). Then turn on the computer.
    Now with K350 wireless keyboard (From MK550), and the old HP wired mouse. They work, I just don't have wireless mouse.

I will keep what I bought even when the wireless mouse doesn't work.
    Basically, I spent $39.74 just bought a wireless keyboard (K350).
    Amazon's price for the wireless keyboard (K350) is $57.99. (I paid only $39.74.)

Sam's club has a great price on Logitech MK550 Combo $39.74 (the item may be on sale). Amazon's price is $59.95.
    (You got to be psychologically prepared that its wireless mouse, M510, may not work).

*** Again, appreciate very much of you guys trying to help.

Learner99, Aug 16, 2015
  12. WhyMe Win User
    No problem.

Hey look. This isn't a joke or anything but I have to ask. Have you double-checked the battery in the mouse? And have you turned on the 'on/off' switch on the bottom of the mouse?

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  13. hawkman Win User

NO RED LIGHT UNDER MOUSE = BROKEN

Roy

hawkman, Aug 17, 2015
  14. Learner99 Win User
    =====================================
    Yes, I double checked the batteries - measured with a Volt meter, slightly above 1.5 volts each.
    Yes, I made sure it was turned on.
    ==========================
    Downloaded Setpoint (with wired mouse and wireless keyboard), when install, it says "Installation couldn't be completed. Unable to find the required components.

Tried another way, right before the installation, need only to press the <enter> key - I removed the wired mouse and turn on the wireless mouse, then press the <enter> key. Got the same message, no luck.

Learner99, Aug 17, 2015
  15. Learner99 Win User
    My old HP keyboard's "space bar" has developed problems - when press it, some time it gives a "space" other times it doesn't. That's the main reason I want to replace it. My old wired mouse works fine.

This wireless keyboard (K350) works great, it will take me quite a while to learn all its features.

Learner99, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Logitech MK550 help needed. - Similar Threads - Logitech MK550 help

2. Need help on troubleshoot my Logitech Webcam Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help on troubleshoot my Logitech Webcam Windows 10: Hie Guys, First of all thanks for reading my post.. and pardon my bad English.. The main issue is I just cant make my Logitech webcam to work. Already tried various method but still nothing works and now I'm totally dead clueless. Things I've done : Privacy both camera...
  3. Need help

Need help: Need help securing my Laptop not sure why it will not connect to the internet. Maybe issues with the update I attempted to do for windows 10. Corrupted can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help/7b0d610b-e9bb-4ee0-9d48-1205e5e4f592
  4. help needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help needed: have alcatel idol 4s WINDOWS 10 cell phone 64 gb VR is using up 59gb so I am unable to use phone have 128 sd card in BUT phone will not let me move or uninstall apps please help can not afford another phone *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help: I took a video with my flip phone zte 320 I hooked my usb up to my asus windows pc using window player I watched it and deleted it by accident while usb still in erased it from my phone and computer. I LOOKED IN TRASH BIN NOT THERE.. THANKS...
  6. need help

in Windows 10 Customization
    need help: [ATTACH]today at morning this pc was automatically updated and there is problem that, before my pc language was english but now it's chinese and there is option for change and english also there downladed the english language but it's not work. also I ask for help to a...
  7. Need help getting Logitech game pad working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help getting Logitech game pad working.: I just picked up a few cheap games since like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. To play this and NOT have to rely on my keyboard, I bought a Logitech F310 game controller. It's suppose to work right away once I plug it in....but like most things that have to do with computers,...
  8. Logitech K520 Installation Help

Logitech K520 Installation Help: Hello! I've never owned a wireless keyboard and mouse before. So I just got this to upgrade my wired mouse and keyboard. So straight away I plugged in the dongle, pulled the tabs on the batteries, switched them on, and nada. The mouse moves very jerkily and the keyboard turns...
  9. need help

in Windows 10 Support
    need help: since 2 month ago my PC always have problems after installed new windows. for example: 1 click right mouse on tab bar and select Task Manager noting open. 2 type any functions cmd and (regedit, msconfig, ...) on W+R nothing open. 3 can't install or run program by...
  10. Need help with help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with help: In Default Programs, under .hlp, what do I put in under Current Default? Don Cole 59894