Windows 10: Logitech MK550 help needed.

Discus and support Logitech MK550 help needed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; NO RED LIGHT UNDER MOUSE = BROKEN Roy ====================== I know the optical mouse, the mouse's bottom LED red light must be lit. I have never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Learner99, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Learner99 Win User

Logitech MK550 help needed.

======================
    I know the optical mouse, the mouse's bottom LED red light must be lit. I have never owned a laser mouse, so I don't know.
    Thanks for the information.
    So, for the laser mouse, no red light at the bottom = also means Broken.

Learner99, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Tacit Win User

I had the same problem with my M510 using setpoint 6.67.82 couldnt find device. I downloaded Setpoint Version: 6.32.20 and my mouse works fine.

Tacit, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Learner99 Win User
    ==================================
    Very encouraging, where did you download the version 6.32.20?

Learner99, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Learner99 Win User

========================
    I found the setpoint ver 6.32.20 on logitech's website, downloaded and installed successfully. Earlier I couldn't install the newer version. This older version installed successfully.

One problem: It is still not working for me. After the software installation was completed, I shut down the computer, unplugged the wired mouse, then turned on the wireless mouse (just a slide switch under the mouse). Turned the computer back on - oops, the wireless mouse is still not working.

The Device Manger now has a new entry "Logitech HID-compliant Unifying Mouse". (It didn't have this entry before).
    When click on the Properties, it says the device is working properly. (Actually, the device is not working.)

Learner99, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Learner99 Win User
    ============================
    Tacit:
    Could you please take a look at the bottom of your mouse and see if that LED light lit or not?
    Thanks.

Learner99, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Tacit Win User
    There are no lights lit on the bottom of the mouse.
    In device manager I have:

Two HID-compliant mouse
    and Logitech HID-compliant Unifying Mouse Drivers, I have repeatedly uninstalled the top two but on boot up they reappear.

Mouse works fine.

I would uninstall the Unifying mouse driver and reboot.

Got this from another source

"
    Your M510 mouse uses infrared (IR) laser which is 'invisible to the human eye'. The only visible light on it is found at the top panel, but this will only show up for about 5 to 7 seconds after the mouse is switched on.

If this LED indicator is not lighting up even after changing the batteries, then it might be defective. You can just return it back to the store to inquire for another replacement. Otherwise, if the mouse is not responding even if it is turned on, you might need to plug in the Unifying receiver of your mouse in another USB port. Your PC needs to properly recognize the receiver first before it works."

Tacit, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Learner99 Win User
    Since the Mouse (M510) came from MK550 (a combo) doesn't work, I went to Sam's club and bought another mouse (M705). [Sam's club price for M705 is $19.86. Amazon's price is $29.75}

And this is what I found:
    ---------------------------------------

Revised (please accept my appology):

After many tries, I was able to get the keyboard (K350) and the mouse (M705) to work on a single Unifying Receiver. Still no luck on the wireless mouse (M510) that came with MK550 combo.

The price of MK550 combo is a whole lot cheaper at Sam's club than that listed on Amazon.

Now I am in good shape, both wireless keyboard and wireless mouse work - but I spent more money than I am supposed to. Bought both MK550 (it has a wireless mouse already, but not working) and another wireless mouse, M705.

What I am left with is a wireless mouse (M510, came with MK550 combo) that doesn't work with the Unifying receiver.

I emailed to Logitech support but have not heard anything back from them. Very frustrating,

Btw, when the mouse works, I can not see the LED's light, at the bottom of the mouse.
    The LED light may lit, as another poster said earlier it is infrared and human's just can not see.

Learner99, Aug 17, 2015
  8. Learner99 Win User

Emailed to Logitech product support last Saturday, received a reply this morning (Wednesday) which provided me a link to download and run the Unifying software. I actually did that before. But gave it another try today.
    Tried many times and on different ports still no luck.
    I have sent them a request to return the mouse (M510, came with MK550 Combo) and get a replacement.
    ====================
    After M510 failed to work, I bought another mouse, M705, I was able to pair it successfully.

Learner99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Logitech MK550 help needed. - Similar Threads - Logitech MK550 help

2. Need help on troubleshoot my Logitech Webcam Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help on troubleshoot my Logitech Webcam Windows 10: Hie Guys, First of all thanks for reading my post.. and pardon my bad English.. The main issue is I just cant make my Logitech webcam to work. Already tried various method but still nothing works and now I'm totally dead clueless. Things I've done : Privacy both camera...
  3. Need help

Need help: Need help securing my Laptop not sure why it will not connect to the internet. Maybe issues with the update I attempted to do for windows 10. Corrupted can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help/7b0d610b-e9bb-4ee0-9d48-1205e5e4f592
  4. help needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help needed: have alcatel idol 4s WINDOWS 10 cell phone 64 gb VR is using up 59gb so I am unable to use phone have 128 sd card in BUT phone will not let me move or uninstall apps please help can not afford another phone *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help: I took a video with my flip phone zte 320 I hooked my usb up to my asus windows pc using window player I watched it and deleted it by accident while usb still in erased it from my phone and computer. I LOOKED IN TRASH BIN NOT THERE.. THANKS...
  6. need help

in Windows 10 Customization
    need help: [ATTACH]today at morning this pc was automatically updated and there is problem that, before my pc language was english but now it's chinese and there is option for change and english also there downladed the english language but it's not work. also I ask for help to a...
  7. Need help getting Logitech game pad working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help getting Logitech game pad working.: I just picked up a few cheap games since like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. To play this and NOT have to rely on my keyboard, I bought a Logitech F310 game controller. It's suppose to work right away once I plug it in....but like most things that have to do with computers,...
  8. Logitech K520 Installation Help

Logitech K520 Installation Help: Hello! I've never owned a wireless keyboard and mouse before. So I just got this to upgrade my wired mouse and keyboard. So straight away I plugged in the dongle, pulled the tabs on the batteries, switched them on, and nada. The mouse moves very jerkily and the keyboard turns...
  9. need help

in Windows 10 Support
    need help: since 2 month ago my PC always have problems after installed new windows. for example: 1 click right mouse on tab bar and select Task Manager noting open. 2 type any functions cmd and (regedit, msconfig, ...) on W+R nothing open. 3 can't install or run program by...
  10. Need help with help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with help: In Default Programs, under .hlp, what do I put in under Current Default? Don Cole 59894