Windows 10: Logitech mouse and Keyboard issues

Discus and support Logitech mouse and Keyboard issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been using Logitech mice and keyboards for years and love them but the other day something strange happened. I had a Logitech Performance MX mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eaglepi, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Logitech mouse and Keyboard issues

I've been using Logitech mice and keyboards for years and love them but the other day something strange happened. I had a Logitech Performance MX mouse that I had been using for 3-5 years I had the same mouse before that one for another 5+ years. I like them, I have had a Logitech K800 keyboard for the since 2017 and had one before that one that a key broke, I like them also. The other day my mouse stopped working so I tried troubleshooting it everyway I could think of without any luck. I had bought a new Logitech MX Master mouse about a month ago as a backup so I installed it and then my K800 keyboard stopped working??? couldn't figure out why so I had a new one as a backup so I installed it and then it worked fine. To this day I do not believe that both my mouse and keyboard died at the same time, I feel they are still in working condition but now I have the new K800 and new MX Master mouse install and they are working fine. Sorry for all the info but I figured it would be easier to understand my issues. Everything I've read tells that the unifying receiver should handle the Logitech mouse and keyboard but NEVER has it worked that way for me. I had to have a receiver for the mouse and one for the keyboard and it had to be the one that came with the mouse or keyboard. The MX Performance mouse was acting up and I checked the mouse hardware in the control panel and there were 3 unifying receivers listed, the same thing for the keyboard. Right now I have 2 unifying receivers plugged in and one if for the mouse and the other for the keyboard. No matter what I do I can't get both to run on just one unifying receiver like they are supposed to. I called Logitech support and got someone in a third world country who after hearing my issues sent me an email listing how to troubleshoot the problem. the same thing I had read myself many time by Googling the problems, the people they use for support don't know anything except how to look up recourses and read from them. I'm going to attach some screenshots of the hardware tabs for the keyboard and mouse to show that it shows 3 devices in each and in my settings to show the MX Master is installed. Now I have 2 unifying receivers in and if I take one out the mouse or keyboard will not work with both in they work fine. Once again I still think the K800 keyboard that I just replaced and the MX performance mouse I replace do work but something in my system is goofy. can anyone make heads of tails of this??

:)

Eaglepi, Jul 9, 2021
  2. MisterEd Win User

Logitech K800 keyboard
    * Your K800 Unifying USB receiver can be connected to up to six Unifying Logitech mice and keyboards.
    * Software: Logitech SetPoint

Logitech MX Master
    * You can connect your mouse to up to three devices at the same time. You can use either Bluetooth Smart or the Logitech Unifying receiver that comes with the mouse.
    * Software: Logitech Options

The Unifying receivers are subject to interference. If you have more than one separate them if possible.

My keyboard suffered from interference. After I moved the Unifying receiver to a USB 2.0 port on the back of the computer the keyboard worked a lot better.

You can launch the Unifying software from either SetPoint or Options. I will show this with what I have.

I have the following: Logitech MK550 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
    • K350 Keyboard (uses SetPoint)
    • M510 Mouse (uses Options)

Using Logitech SetPoint

1. Select
    Logitech mouse and Keyboard issues [​IMG]

2. Select Open Unifying Software

3. Select Advanced

4. Select Pair a New Device to add a mouse or keyboard

Using Logitech Options

1. Select Add Devices

2. Select Advanced Unifying App

3. Select Advanced

4. Select Pair a New Device to add a mouse or keyboard

MisterEd, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Eaglepi Win User

Thank you for the detailed reply. SO what you are saying is that if i use the Logitech software both can run on the same unifying receiver? I had so many problems with set point years ago and never trusted it again so I just let win 10 use it's drivers.

Eaglepi, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Eaglepi Win User

I've been using Logitech mice and keyboards for years and love them but the other day something strange happened.
    I had a Logitech Performance MX mouse that I had been using for 3-5 years I had the same mouse before that one for another 5+ years. I like them, I have had a Logitech K800 keyboard for the since 2017 and had one before that one that a key broke, I like them also.

The other day my mouse stopped working so I tried troubleshooting it everyway I could think of without any luck. I had bought a new Logitech MX Master mouse about a month ago as a backup so I installed it and then my K800 keyboard stopped working??? couldn't figure out why so I had a new one as a backup so I installed it and then it worked fine.

To this day I do not believe that both my mouse and keyboard died at the same time, I feel they are still in working condition but now I have the new K800 and new MX Master mouse install and they are working fine.

Sorry for all the info but I figured it would be easier to understand my issues.

Everything I've read tells that the unifying receiver should handle the Logitech mouse and keyboard but NEVER has it worked that way for me. I had to have a receiver for the mouse and one for the keyboard and it had to be the one that came with the mouse or keyboard.

The MX Performance mouse was acting up and I checked the mouse hardware in the control panel and there were 3 unifying receivers listed, the same thing for the keyboard. Right now I have 2 unifying receivers plugged in and one if for the mouse and the other for the keyboard. No matter what I do I can't get both to run on just one unifying receiver like they are supposed to. I called Logitech support and got someone in a third world country who after hearing my issues sent me an email listing how to troubleshoot the problem. the same thing I had read myself many time by Googling the problems, the people they use for support don't know anything except how to look up recourses and read from them.

I'm going to attach some screenshots of the hardware tabs for the keyboard and mouse to show that it shows 3 devices in each and in my settings to show the MX Master is installed. Now I have 2 unifying receivers in and if I take one out the mouse or keyboard will not work with both in they work fine. Once again I still think the K800 keyboard that I just replaced and the MX performance mouse I replace do work but something in my system is goofy.

can anyone make heads of tails of this??

Eaglepi, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Logitech mouse and Keyboard issues - Similar Threads - Logitech mouse Keyboard

2. Logitech Mouse 510 and MX Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech Mouse 510 and MX Keyboard: I have a Logitech Mouse 510 and MX Keyboard attached to my Plugable USB 3.0 Hub for my MS Surface Pro7. The MX Keyboard works fine its the Mouse that hangs up, and also the scroll function at times stops. If I power off/on then it works again, then the scroll works. I have...
  3. Logitech keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech keyboard issue: Hi,I have a wireless Logitech K330 keyboard that has worked fine. Lately it sometimes delays for a few seconds before splashing out all the input letters. Like it is disconnected, no response from keys, but it clearly remembers what I type, since it types it after a few...
  4. Logitech keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech keyboard issue: Hi,I have a wireless Logitech K330 keyboard that has worked fine. Lately it sometimes delays for a few seconds before splashing out all the input letters. Like it is disconnected, no response from keys, but it clearly remembers what I type, since it types it after a few...
  5. Logitech keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Logitech Keyboard Possible Issue

Logitech Keyboard Possible Issue: Hello All Recently purchased my first ever Mechanical keyboard, Logitech G413, yesterday was playing a simple game, just was using the arrow keys to drive in said game as they don't support anything else really, anyways right Wrist started hurting a bit, it's never done that...
  7. Logitech mouse and Keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Logitech mouse and Keyboard issues: I've been using Logitech mice and keyboards for years and love them but the other day something strange happened. I had a Logitech Performance MX mouse that I had been using for 3-5 years I had the same mouse before that one for another 5+ years. I like them, I have had a...
  8. Logitech Keyboard issues

Logitech Keyboard issues: I recently bought a logitech G413 keyboard. If it is plugged in the pc will not boot, it just hangs at the motherboard spash screen indefinately. If I unplug it and wait until the splash screen is gone, it boots up fine. I just updated to windows 10 (v 1909) and the...
  9. Keyboard/Mouse Logitech K720

Keyboard/Mouse Logitech K720: Windows updated on 15/9/19 on restart the keyboard was highlited as having a problem the mouse still worked fine, I tried uninstalling and attached a Microsoft keyboard/mouse, same problem, uninstalled and used an old usb mouse and keyboard, still problematical with same...
  10. Logitech M325 Mouse issue.

Logitech M325 Mouse issue.: Hi guys. I'm usually here helping others with solutions, but now I have a problem and completely stumped on finding a solution. I have a Logitech m325 mouse, and it has been reliable for 3 years on multiple PCs, but now I have a problem that is annoying. I've used...