Windows 10: Logitech mouse not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Logitech mouse not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It works without the setpoint installed, but then the other buttons on the mouse are useless. Hence the reversion to the earlier version was the best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NIRC, Sep 2, 2015.

1. jds63 Win User

Logitech mouse not working in Windows 10

Oh,what other buttons do not work ? As i use a Logitech Trackball M570 all my buttons work without it.

jds63, Sep 4, 2015
  2. Tacit Win User

In my case I like to program the scroll wheel to "double click" which the default driver does not...at least not that I can see.
    The latest Set Point driver gives me " cant find device" hence I went searching for a driver that would work from Logitech.

The Mouse I have is a "Unifying mouse" M510 I was wondering because there was no wireless keyboard present It gave that cant find device error. I have a wired keyboard.

Other than that I have no idea why I get the error

Tacit, Sep 4, 2015
  3. jds63 Win User
    I understand reasons you mention about certain buttons can not be changed without it. Only what you see in Mouse settings in Control Panel. Unifying software from Logitech is only used for wireless devices to pair new devices up to 8 i believe and upair devices from wireless receiver this is all this does. Can't find device, where is this showing exactly in Setpoint ?

jds63, Sep 4, 2015
  4. Tacit Win User

At the risk of screwing up things I decided to give it a try (installing the latest Setpoint again)
    I downloaded SetPoint6.67.82_smart
    executed the run command and immediately get the "Installation could not be completed" Unable to find the required components.

Heck... I'm using the Logitech M510 mouse using the earlier set point driver

Tacit, Sep 4, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Did you try the full installer Smart Installer and your sure it's the right bit 32 or 64bit.
    Different models same problems, although the older setpoint.

https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/Windows-8-1-failed-install-quot-Unable-to-find-required
    /td-p/1426193

https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keybo...d/td-p/1396019

jds63, Sep 4, 2015
  6. NIRC Win User
    The advice I received from Logitech was in fact incorrect. I finally learned from the forum that the Setpoint installation was itself the problem. Once I uninstalled it, everything worked perfectly. Turns out, it is not needed for the MX Anywhere 2. I thought you might like to know for future reference. Reference at http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-a...t/false#M68915
    There is one problem remaining with the toolbar icon and the official Logitech internet site where one gets the same advice as you gave. In any case, I am up and working.

7. jds63 Win User
    Glad you got it sorted out and fixed. You never mentioned to us which Mouse you had, all you mentioned here was you had a mouse that had issues with scroll and you were using Setpoint drivers and did not work. Mentioned in the forum post to the Logitech Support why this Mouse was listed to use Setpoint Software when in fact i see it wasn't either, you needed Logitech Options software. So all along you were using the wrong Software.Maybe we should of asked you which model mouse you were using. Believe what you see on the taskbar notification area is either mouse properties running or a Logitech Download assistant, notorious add on from Logitech.

MX Anywhere 2 - Logitech Support

jds63, Sep 12, 2015
  8. NIRC Win User

I stand corrected and chastised. There is no icon in the taskbar, but no matter. Once the defaults are set there isn't much call for it.

9. jds63 Win User
    Our fault for not asking you too more about model of logitech mouse. Just knew from Setpoint download assistant runs on startup, not sure about this version software, how you get alerted of newer versions. Not familiar with this software to tell you more about the settings, sure there is one to show it in notification area for mouse setting and possible the other to disable the running process for checking updates on every boot. BTW it says Windows 8.1 in your specs here.

jds63, Sep 13, 2015
  10. bansel Win User
    I used to use a Logitech Trackball and now I'm replacing it (it got old and overused.) I understand there is a problem with Logitech Trackballs in Windows 10, but the Logitech site says the mouse I used to use and am replacing (the Trackman Marble) is compatible with Windows 10. Does this mean they fixed the incompatibility or am I still going to have to disable SetPoint? I'm purchasing directly from the manufacturer to make sure I get the version they are guaranteeing to work with Windows 10. - Logitech - Trackman Marble Trackball

Thanks for any help I can get.

bansel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Logitech mouse not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Logitech mouse working

2. Logitech mouse not working but "setup"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech mouse not working but "setup": I have a Dell 5500 system with Win 10 Pro and a Logitech M325 mouse that has worked 'forever'. I packed up my laptop and traveled about 10 hours via car and now the mouse doesn't work. I've tried all three USB ports, changed the AA Energizer Lithium battery, tried 2nd...
  3. Logitech mouse not working but "setup"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech mouse not working but "setup": I have a Dell 5500 system with Win 10 Pro and a Logitech M325 mouse that has worked 'forever'. I packed up my laptop and traveled about 10 hours via car and now the mouse doesn't work. I've tried all three USB ports, changed the AA Energizer Lithium battery, tried 2nd...
  4. Logitech mouse not working but "setup"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. logitech mouse

logitech mouse: Why does my logitech mouse tried multiple different mice keep randomly jumping across the screen, always to the right side? Sometimes it jumps so often, I can not type. It happens when I'm on the internet, and also when I'm not. I'm using a dell AIO touch screen, with...
  6. Logitech M325 mouse not working with Windows 10

Logitech M325 mouse not working with Windows 10: Hi. I have a new Windows 10 laptop updated to v. 2004 no more updates. I cannot get either one of my Logitech mice to work. I can't see a driver anywhere and they aren't on the supported list. How do I get one of my mice to work? Thanks....
  7. Logitech Mouse Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logitech Mouse Windows 10: I have an Hp Windows 10 I have a Logitech mouse, currently when I'm using my mouse the cursor disappears I don't see it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-mouse-windows-10/e4b3389a-b81a-4b44-b057-58bd5a933eee
  8. logitech mouse in windows 10

logitech mouse in windows 10: just change windows from 7 to 10. my mouse does not move to the default button anymore like it use to be. I have tried the setting but no effect! Miko https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-mouse-in-windows-10/6238bb0a-13ef-4e07-a034-a12f11898cb9
  9. Logitech Mouse Not Working

Logitech Mouse Not Working: My touchpad mouse works great but I like to use a hand held mouse as well. For years both have worked. Now 2 logitech mice have failed to work. The drivers say they are working. I've tried turning my computer off and trying again. I've moved the thumbdrives to different...
  10. logitech mouse

logitech mouse: does anyone have a problem with a Logitech anywhere mx or Logitech anywhere 2S wireless mouse scrolling side ways instead of up and down. not pushing mouse wheel to either side. after a few seconds screen returns to the middle of the screen. very annoying....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. m235 2nd gen isnt working

2. logitech setpoint notification not working

3. logitech trackball not working in Windows 10 - Microsoft support article