Windows 10: Logitech mouse stopped working due to my mistake....

Discus and support Logitech mouse stopped working due to my mistake.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was updating drivers through device manager and by mistake! I changed my Logitech mouse driver to HID compliant driver. The mouse stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdMeza, Sep 5, 2020.

1. EdMeza Win User

Logitech mouse stopped working due to my mistake....

I was updating drivers through device manager and by mistake!

I changed my Logitech mouse driver to HID compliant driver.

The mouse stopped working. All my attempts to get it to work

have not resolved the problem.

1 Changed USB port for the wireless mouse — did not work.

2 Signed off desktop computer through task manager and Windows asked

me to type in my password. Since mouse is not working, I had to shut the

computer manually.

3 turned computer back on and thanks to face recognition, I got to get Windows

back up.

Still, I can not get the mouse to work. I also do not have a wired mouse.

Please help.

Thank you.

Ed

:)

EdMeza, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Sep 5, 2020
  3. David57 Win User
    Logitech mouse

I recognise I'm late to the show upgrading to '10' but my logitech M557 wireless mouse no longer works since the upgrade ... have downloaded the updated driver SetPoint 6.67.83 but no success. Mouse still not working. Any suggestions pls

David57, Sep 5, 2020
  4. kkozinski Win User

Logitech Mouse Buttons stop working

I have this issue too, same mouse. The issue seems to pop up for me whenever I unplug a USB device. Mouse clicks will stop registering (mouse movement still works) and the speakers will beep whenever moving the mouse or clicking a button. If I unplug
    the USB stick for the mouse and plug it back in, the mouse stops working entirely.

If I try to log off/on to fix the issue, the computer logs off to a black screen and I can't log on again. If I try to shut down it gets stuck at the "restarting" screen (left it sit for about 10 min) so I have to hard reset.

I use the Logitech Setpoint software but have not tried reinstalling it or the mouse drivers

kkozinski, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Logitech mouse stopped working due to my mistake.... - Similar Threads - Logitech mouse stopped

2. Logitech mouse not working but "setup"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech mouse not working but "setup": I have a Dell 5500 system with Win 10 Pro and a Logitech M325 mouse that has worked 'forever'. I packed up my laptop and traveled about 10 hours via car and now the mouse doesn't work. I've tried all three USB ports, changed the AA Energizer Lithium battery, tried 2nd...
  3. Logitech mouse not working but "setup"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech mouse not working but "setup": I have a Dell 5500 system with Win 10 Pro and a Logitech M325 mouse that has worked 'forever'. I packed up my laptop and traveled about 10 hours via car and now the mouse doesn't work. I've tried all three USB ports, changed the AA Energizer Lithium battery, tried 2nd...
  4. Surface Pro Logitech Mouse Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro Logitech Mouse Stopped Working: I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro 9. At work I typically connect it to my monitors via a dock. I had a also been using a logitech M720 mouse that is connected via dongle at the dock as well. Recently I got a microsoft modern mobile mouse to keep in my bag and use while I was...
  5. Surface Pro Logitech Mouse Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro Logitech Mouse Stopped Working: I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro 9. At work I typically connect it to my monitors via a dock. I had a also been using a logitech M720 mouse that is connected via dongle at the dock as well. Recently I got a microsoft modern mobile mouse to keep in my bag and use while I was...
  6. My Logitech Speakers Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Logitech Speakers Stopped Working: I had some inexpensive Logitech speakers I plugged into the audio jack on my Dell. All of a sudden they stopped working. I went to the Windows sound section in settings--they weren't even recognized. However, they work in other devices. I tried headphones. They didn't work...
  7. Logitech Mouse Not Working

Logitech Mouse Not Working: My touchpad mouse works great but I like to use a hand held mouse as well. For years both have worked. Now 2 logitech mice have failed to work. The drivers say they are working. I've tried turning my computer off and trying again. I've moved the thumbdrives to different...
  8. Mouse Lag/Stops Working - Logitech G502

Mouse Lag/Stops Working - Logitech G502: I have a Microsoft Surface Book with Windows 10 Pro. Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90 GHz 2.11GHz RAM: 16 GB 64 bit I have a Logitech G502 mouse that keeps lagging/stops working (Before you say the mouse is the problem, I bought a brand new one when my...
  9. My Logitech wireless mouse is not working

My Logitech wireless mouse is not working: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logitech-wireless-mouse-is-not-working/81554924-d44e-4961-ba40-a25af938e605
  10. Logitech M310 Mouse Wheel Button Stopped Working

Logitech M310 Mouse Wheel Button Stopped Working: I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse and I use the wheel button for Universal Scroll. I installed Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive (clean install) about 8 months ago and it worked fine with the built-in drivers. I turned my system on last night and Windows 10 no longer...