Windows 10: logitech serial mouse doesn't show up in windows 10

Discus and support logitech serial mouse doesn't show up in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a logitech P7-3F serial mouse. I have a RS232 to USB adapter that I am using to connect it to my Windows 10 machine. It has an FTDI chipset in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by morkjr, Nov 21, 2018.

1. morkjr Win User

logitech serial mouse doesn't show up in windows 10

I have a logitech P7-3F serial mouse. I have a RS232 to USB adapter that I am using to connect it to my Windows 10 machine. It has an FTDI chipset in it, and the adapter shows up in device manager. Unfortunately, the mouse itself doesn't appear in windows, nor does it function.

I know the mouse works because I have plugged it into an older machine running an older version of windows and it works fine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

brian

:)

morkjr, Nov 21, 2018
  2. David57 Win User

Logitech mouse

I recognise I'm late to the show upgrading to '10' but my logitech M557 wireless mouse no longer works since the upgrade ... have downloaded the updated driver SetPoint 6.67.83 but no success. Mouse still not working. Any suggestions pls

David57, Nov 21, 2018
  3. windows 10 mouse issues

today I tried accessing the device manager via the steps you provided and was able to see an error. There are no mice listed, but under "other devices" the yellow triangle shows up. My mouse is not listed there either, instead some logitech product is.
    I do not use any logitech devices, so is it possible the computer is thinking my mouse is a logitech for some reason? says Logitech_LGVirHid49713.

Cntrmidman, Nov 21, 2018
  4. logitech serial mouse doesn't show up in windows 10

Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

logitech serial mouse doesn't show up in windows 10

1. logitech serial mouse doesn't show up in windows 10 - Similar Threads - logitech serial mouse

2. logitech mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    logitech mouse: Why does my logitech mouse tried multiple different mice keep randomly jumping across the screen, always to the right side? Sometimes it jumps so often, I can not type. It happens when I'm on the internet, and also when I'm not. I'm using a dell AIO touch screen, with...
  3. Windows 10 and logitech USB for keyboard and mouse. Logitech 700series.

Windows 10 and logitech USB for keyboard and mouse. Logitech 700series.: Since W10 has been installed I have had numerous disconnects during use. I have done the following: 1-New batteries in all devices 2-Reloaded software 3-Removed and changed USB's 4-Gone to Device Manager and uninstall all related USB controllers 5- The system has been...
  4. Setpoint doesn't detect Logitech Mouse

Setpoint doesn't detect Logitech Mouse: I don't know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setpoint-doesnt-detect-logitech-mouse/28f67ad5-757c-485f-bff8-60432f638be6
  5. Bluetooth mouse doesn't show up

Bluetooth mouse doesn't show up: I connect all my Bluetooth device with window 10 but Bluetooth mouse doesn't show up , need help.....please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-show-up/d4fff289-1234-4c0b-92a3-7a37e44510ff
  6. Logitech Mouse Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logitech Mouse Windows 10: I have an Hp Windows 10 I have a Logitech mouse, currently when I'm using my mouse the cursor disappears I don't see it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-mouse-windows-10/e4b3389a-b81a-4b44-b057-58bd5a933eee
  7. logitech mouse in windows 10

logitech mouse in windows 10: just change windows from 7 to 10. my mouse does not move to the default button anymore like it use to be. I have tried the setting but no effect! Miko https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-mouse-in-windows-10/6238bb0a-13ef-4e07-a034-a12f11898cb9
  8. logitech mouse

logitech mouse: does anyone have a problem with a Logitech anywhere mx or Logitech anywhere 2S wireless mouse scrolling side ways instead of up and down. not pushing mouse wheel to either side. after a few seconds screen returns to the middle of the screen. very annoying....
  9. Logitech mouse

Logitech mouse: I recognise I'm late to the show upgrading to '10' but my logitech M557 wireless mouse no longer works since the upgrade ... have downloaded the updated driver SetPoint 6.67.83 but no success. Mouse still not working. Any suggestions pls 37261
  10. Logitech mouse not working in Windows 10

Logitech mouse not working in Windows 10: After the latest updates to Windows 10 on 1 September, my Logitech mouse has lost several of its functions (including the scroll function) in all applications. I downloaded the latest Setpoint and reinstalled it and then rebooted, but nothing has changed. Since everything...