Windows 10: Logitech Software will not launch on windows start

Discus and support Logitech Software will not launch on windows start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have been trying to get my Logitech software to launch on windows start. It was launching fine yesterday. Today I decided to do a bit of gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Raner, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Raner Win User

Logitech Software will not launch on windows start

Hi,
    I have been trying to get my Logitech software to launch on windows start.
    It was launching fine yesterday. Today I decided to do a bit of gaming so
    I fired up a game and started playing. I noticed that the my G512 was acting
    weird, was lagging real bad. I got out of the game to check if something was up with
    the polling rate on my Logitech software, that is when I noticed it was missing from
    my the system tray. I tuned it on manually got back in the game and the mouse was working fine.
    I've been trying to get the Logitech software to launch on windows start but it will not.
    I uninstalled it completely with IOBit Uninstaller and reinstalled it. (I did not launch).
    I found an article on how to repair the system tray.
    In shot it said to go here:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify
    Delete two registry entries called IconStreams and PastIconsStream.
    Then to kill the explorer.exe in the task-manager and go to new task and start it back up.
    I did that and still it will on launch on windows start.
    I checked and the Logitech software icon on the system tray is on and it's set to run on
    windows start on the software app also.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to what may me causing the software not to launch...Thanks...

:)

Raner, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Kbird Win User

Latest Logitech SetPoint Software

Thanks for the Heads Up on Setpoint....

might I suggest a new pinned thread for the Options Software too ( updated Aug 20th) since all Newer Logitech Products use it.
    Eg Mx2, M510 and most other products with a Unifying receiver including Keyboards etc

Logitech Options - Logitech Support

• Software Version: 6.92.275
    • Post Date: Aug 20, 2018
    • File Size: 149 MB

Kbird, Jul 17, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Logitech Gaming Software Update 8.70

Thanks! This LGS they started a couple years ago is simple, and very nice, while not being hugely bloated. It's one of the few pieces of hardware-related software I like.

rtwjunkie, Jul 17, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Logitech Gaming Software Update 8.70

Lets you customize functions on Logitech gaming mice, keyboards, and headsets.
    • Software Version: 8.70.315
    • Post Date: Jul 08, 2015
    • File Size: 82.6 MB
    Logitech Gaming Software lets you customize Logitech G gaming mice, keyboards and headsets.

Logitech Gaming Software includes third party software components, libraries, and frameworks, including, but not limited to, the third party software listed below.
    These included third party software components provide key functionality to Logitech Gaming Software and are included in the software installation package.

• Digia QT - Application and User Interface Framework
    • Microsoft Runtime Libraries - Application and Hardware Support
    • Apple Bonjour - Network Discovery Support for Logitech Arx Control

Updated Description:

• Added support for the G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel
    • Added support for the G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel
    • Improved connectivity to the Logitech Arx Control app - version 1.2 of the Arx Control required
    • Removed Apple Bonjour requirement for the Arx Control app
    • ARX SDK bug fixes
    • Updated LED Illumination SDK to support Per Key Illumination for the G910 - see gaming.logitech.com/developers for details
    • Bug fix for LGS hang with G502 mouse
    • New profiles added: Assetto Corso, Gas Guzzlers Extreme, Grand Theft Auto V, iRacing, Project CARS, Rust, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    http://support.logitech.com/software/gaming-software

AsRock, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Logitech Software will not launch on windows start - Similar Threads - Logitech Software launch

2. Installing Logitech Unifying Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Logitech Unifying Software: Windows 11We just purchased an HP Pavilion notebook with Windows 11. A copy of the Logitech Unifying software was downloaded. When attempting to open the app we get a dialog complaining: “The app you are trying to install isn’t a Microsoft-verified app.”We selected the...
  3. LAUNCH SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAUNCH SOFTWARE: Where is the launch software to be found for my Flight simulator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/launch-software/8badeb90-cb31-4e4a-b2da-a93da62bef80
  4. LAUNCH SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAUNCH SOFTWARE: Where is the launch software to be found for my Flight simulator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/launch-software/8badeb90-cb31-4e4a-b2da-a93da62bef80
  5. Latest Logitech Options Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Logitech Options Software: Latest Logitech Options Released [img] Note Date: October 1, 2018 Software Version: 6.94.17 OS supported: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 File Size: 149 MB Download: Logitech Options Logitech Options software lets you customize your device's settings as follows: Change...
  6. Logitech Gaming Software Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech Gaming Software Bug: I've been having trouble with a couple of old (and I mean old) games I've been playing lately, Cube 2 Sauerbraten and Smokin' Guns. I've been unable to acquire screen captures from either game, but after much trial and error I found that my Logitech Gaming Software (64 bit,...
  7. Logitech Software & Win 10

Logitech Software & Win 10: Whilst doing some work, my mouse suddenly 'failed', cursor frozen nothing in mouse. After plugging in another mouse, I checked device manager and found that Win 10 had installed it as an Hid complaint mouse. So I went to logitech, downloaded smart installer (win 10), it would...
  8. Logitech G25 - driver and software?

Logitech G25 - driver and software?: Hello. When upgrading from windows 8.1 to win10, the software+driver from Win8.1 was migrated over into Windows 10, so no problem. I then did a clean install of Windows 10, and now I can't get driver or software to install. I have tried compatillity settings, but that don't...
  9. Latest Logitech Gaming Software

Latest Logitech Gaming Software: Logitech has finally updated the LGS with a Windows 10 driver instead of the renamed 8.1 driver, Logitech Support: Gaming New features: Added support for G633 Artemis Spectrum RGB 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset Added Color Sync feature for G303, G633 and G910 Game...
  10. Latest Logitech SetPoint Software

Latest Logitech SetPoint Software: Latest Logitech SetPoint Released [img] Note Date: September 8th 2015 Software Version: 6.67.83 Updated Description: Support added for Windows 10 Bug fixes Logitech -SetPoint Download Logitech -Software Downloads 10273

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech software refuses to launch

2. launch g920 application

3. logitech setpoint not loading on startup